Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:12 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I dont think they are talking about orgasms but rather getting a woman to be romantically interested in them in the first place.
Yeah but his answer was funnier.

Find any good turnips Baldrick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 04:22 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
When she is 35, no longer chased by the bad boys (who are still banging 20 some year olds - you know women at the peak of their attractivness), and more often than not raising a couple of kids by herself. So what is the conclusion here? Dont be nice, be a bad boy.
Of course, for the women who are being chased by the bad boys and want NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM this could be an issue. Bad boys seem to love me, but I like nerdy nice guys but they don't want me because I look like a bad girl.

I wish I could find a genuinley nice guy who actually liked me, but I've been single for 4 years now ignoring the bad boys and I'll probably be single for quite a while longer.

Quote:
I guess it depends on your definition of "admired". Having a bunch of women that like you as a friend but none that like you romanticlly is not all that helpful.
Why? Are women not worth being friends with? Are they only good enough to be around if they put out?

Old 06-20-2013, 04:28 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Of course, for the women who are being chased by the bad boys and want NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM this could be an issue. Bad boys seem to love me, but I like nerdy nice guys but they don't want me because I look like a bad girl.

I wish I could find a genuinley nice guy who actually liked me, but I've been single for 4 years now ignoring the bad boys and I'll probably be single for quite a while longer.

Why? Are women not worth being friends with? Are they only good enough to be around if they put out?
It comes down to that time management issue again.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:41 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Quote:
It comes down to that time management issue again.
Women aren't worth your time unless it's going to result in sex. Got it.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 PM

664 posts, read 1,035,858 times
Nice guys aren't really nice guys.

I never claim to be a "nice guy"....

I did however help a 90 year old WWII VET out today a lot.

Made him laugh and smile.

He didn't want to shut up......

He finally had to excuse himself when Meals On Wheels showed up with his dinner. lol

I gave him a salute and secret hug when I locked his front door for him while leaving.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Part of what I've taken away from all this is that a nice guy CAN be successful if he

1. looks like George Clooney (big help, no matter what you say about looks, girls)
2. knows how to take the reins of the initial conversation and how to assert his nice guy qualities without coming off like a wimpish wet noodle
3 never flinches even if the girl shows disinterest. Don't be cruel to her. Just shrug and walk away.

Saw a movie called XX/XY with Mark Rufolo. There was a scene where a painfully nice guy likes a friend of the main girl that Rufolo likes. The nice guy is like this girl's shadow. She has sex with Rufolo on the floor right in front of him. In the next scene he's bawling like a baby sitting next to her and when she sympathetically stands up and slips away he's left lying on the sofa reaching out and blindly grabbing for her as he wails. Most pathetic thing I've ever seen. For the first time I understood what girls meant when they said they cannot respect a guy who is a doormat.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Why Do Nice Guys ALWAYS Finish Last?

Because a gentleman knows that it's polite and de rigueur to ALWAYS let the lady finish first.

It is most uncouth and quite caddish for a man to finish before his lady don't you think? One would have thought that any respectable chap, or in your vernacular "Nice Guy", would know this to be the case would one not.?

Regardless, I was raised to believe this to be so. This gentleman has never received any complaints by holding fast to this ideal at any event.
Well somebody needed to say it

good for you

Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Part of what I've taken away from all this is that a nice guy CAN be successful if he

1. looks like George Clooney (big help, no matter what you say about looks, girls)
2. knows how to take the reins of the initial conversation and how to assert his nice guy qualities without coming off like a wimpish wet noodle
3 never flinches even if the girl shows disinterest. Don't be cruel to her. Just shrug and walk away.

Saw a movie called XX/XY with Mark Rufolo. There was a scene where a painfully nice guy likes a friend of the main girl that Rufolo likes. The nice guy is like this girl's shadow. She has sex with Rufolo on the floor right in front of him. In the next scene he's bawling like a baby sitting next to her and when she sympathetically stands up and slips away he's left lying on the sofa reaching out and blindly grabbing for her as he wails. Most pathetic thing I've ever seen. For the first time I understood what girls meant when they said they cannot respect a guy who is a doormat.
Eh, I've never found George Clooney attractive...or Brad Pitt for that matter. To each his/her own.

I agree with not being a doormat, but you also don't want to be arrogant, demanding and domineering... something that will immediately make me disinterested is a man TELLING me how it is, or TELLING me what I think.

Just be a decent person, that's all.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:18 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
My thought is that the "nice" guys who finish last are usually not all that nice. In fact, they are often passive-aggressive guys with an overblown sense of entitlement. They think the fact they are so "nice" means women owe it to them to find them attractive. When this doesn't happen, they become bitter, whiny and misogynistic. I have never met a genuinely nice guy who wasn't admired by women.
I still think this is the best post! Worth repeating!

Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,384,866 times
"Why Do Nice Guys ALWAYS Finish Last?"

Because finishing before a girl has the chance to is not the way to keep her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships