U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which are the worst age range(s) for a man to be if he wants to date women ?
20-25 25 59.52%
25-30 5 11.90%
30-35 6 14.29%
35-40 0 0%
40-45 7 16.67%
45-50 10 23.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 04:52 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,291,687 times
Default Which is the worst dating age for young/middle adult men ?

Vote for as many of the options as you want. There may be multiple age ranges that you believe are equally bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 04:54 PM

6,178 posts, read 4,719,909 times
You left out 15-20. Doesn't that count? That's when most of the psychological damage is done.

But to answer your question 20-25. By the time they're 30 they've either given up or given in to homosexual panic.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You left out 15-20. Doesn't that count? That's when most of the psychological damage is done.
Young to middle aged adult males.

Please vote for as many of the 5 year age ranges as you believe are the worst.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Young to middle aged adult males.

Please vote for as many of the 5 year age ranges as you believe are the worst.
Honestly, I think it's in descending order as the maturity factor kicks in. 20-25 is the worst; 25-30 not as bad; 30-35 guys have mostly given up; 35-40 they're pretty much confirmed bachelors. 40-50 they're dead of heart attacks brought on by loneliness.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:09 PM

7,396 posts, read 4,196,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
Vote for as many of the options as you want. There may be multiple age ranges that you believe are equally bad.
I would say young men(20-25) have it the worst. Assuming they're dealing with women of the same age, they're dealing with women who have "the list". A guy has to have a good job, "be educated", have a car, be taller than 6'2, good hair, big penis, he has to pursue me, blah, blah, blah. But as women get older and more desperate and all their friends are getting married and their biological clock is ticking, now they're just looking for a "nice guy". At that point older men have advantage.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:10 PM

7,396 posts, read 4,196,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

But to answer your question 20-25. By the time they're 30 they've either given up or given in to homosexual panic.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I would say young men(20-25) have it the worst. Assuming they're dealing with women of the same age, they're dealing with women who have "the list". A guy has to have a good job, "be educated", have a car, be taller than 6'2, good hair, big penis, he has to pursue me, blah, blah, blah. But as women get older and more desperate and all their friends are getting married and their biological clock is ticking, now they're just looking for a "nice guy". At that point older men have advantage.
Yeah, but by then they've lost interest.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:16 PM

19,127 posts, read 14,117,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
It's not desperation...it's learning from past mistakes. Having all those rules and such rigidity doesn't help when dating and after a few years of disappointments most people learn to be more lax on whatever ridiculous requirements they might have had.

I mean, I've never really had any ridiculous requirements (money, height, weight, job etc.) but all that's ever gotten me is men who are slackers, 'bad boys' and who don't respect me. Now, my standards are a bit higher (though I'm not really looking anymore) because I've learned my lesson. Standards are a GOOD thing.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:21 PM

I say 30-35 because women who want to date men of that age are either all married, or still believe that they can find "the perfect" man. Very few women who aren't looking for perfection are unmarried in the lower to mid 30s. By late 30s and 40s, I think single women may finally decide that they can lower their standards a little bit, because either they're no longer thinking about starting a family (they've given up on that) or else they're desperate to start a family with any man they can find. Also the percentage of divorcees goes up compared women who are in their late 20s and lower 30s, comparatively few of which are divorced yet.

I think in the 20s, there are many women who believe they can find the perfect men, but plenty of other women who are just getting done with school and are finally ready to start looking for a man. Many of these women don't have the stratospheric standards of what's acceptable in a man that you find in single late 20s early 30s women.

But this is just one man, and only one vote (of hopefully many votes).

But that was my reasoning behind my vote.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:22 PM

23,958 posts, read 17,663,333 times
I would think that being on the younger side for men would be less then ideal. You aren't established yet in your career, are basically broke, the girls have the 'power' for a lack of another way of saying it, they've got every swinging you know what after them.

I think as men get older, have more moola, and more confidence, and by then both men and women are a bit older and each knows what they want, a little more... IDK...

All this is hearsay, as I'm not out in the market and can't say for sure... I just know the younger guy part of it sucked...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships