Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I can't speak for anyone else but generally the women I know who have sought out younger men were very good looking.
Not always, believe me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Gosh, I wonder what CDR would be like if extremely-unattractive women were always pressuring men 20 years younger than them that way, IRL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Not sure...but I do know I've seen quite a few "I'm offended by fat women coming onto me" posts on here, so as far as I see it, nobody likes being pursued relentlessly after a firm "no."
This. It's not fun to be pursued by people you're not into, regardless of your reason for not being into them. This is just part of life. (Well, for many of us it is, anyway. For some people it's not part of life because no one is attracted to them, which would be considerably worse, IMO.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 08:44 AM

227 posts, read 420,623 times
Usually the older guys like to stare, but they rarely ask me out.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:56 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
How much of this is fantasy?
are you talking to me? Laughably it was real. I thought it was a joke until he kept asking my for my number. There is a subset of weird entitled people out there who like to try to impress people all the time. Unfortunately I seem to meet them.

I'll just chalk it up to the sign on my head that encourages people to tell me their life stories in the grocery store line. My friends and I like to joke that I should really be a spy. I'd be able to get so much information out of people.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:08 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
I hate these kind of threads. We all know that the older guys are hitting on the younger women for one reason...and the younger women like the old guy's wallet. It's all disgusting.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:08 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I hate these kind of threads. We all know that the older guys are hitting on the younger women for one reason...and the younger women like the old guy's wallet. It's all disgusting.
Really? Because it seems like on this thread the younger women aren't very interested.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:24 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Hmm...Your posts sure make it sound like you are.

It sounds like you've rejected quite a few people based on age, too. It happens. The dating world can be cruel, and nearly all of us experience rejection at some point. That's just part of the deal.
The difference is the men I rejected based on age were much older and the men who rejected me were my age.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:10 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
The difference is the men I rejected based on age were much older and the men who rejected me were my age.
That's no "difference" at all. Rejection is rejection. Do you think it somehow hurts less if the person doing the rejection is younger? My point was that we all reject some people, and we all get rejected by some people. That's the dating world. Get over it.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
That's no "difference" at all. Rejection is rejection. Do you think it somehow hurts less if the person doing the rejection is younger? My point was that we all reject some people, and we all get rejected by some people. That's the dating world. Get over it.
There is a difference. An older man who gets rejected based on age should date someone his age.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
There is a difference. An older man who gets rejected based on age should date someone his age.
IDDY, stop right there.

No, there is no difference. If what you say above is true, then it should also be true that if you get rejected for being religious and not wanting children, then you should date people who aren't religious and want children.

There is NO difference in which criteria a person rejects a person on. And neither scenario is either fair or unfair.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
IDDY, stop right there.

No, there is no difference. If what you say above is true, then it should also be true that if you get rejected for being religious and not wanting children, then you should date people who aren't religious and want children.

There is NO difference in which criteria a person rejects a person on. And neither scenario is either fair or unfair.
If someone is getting rejected for being religious and not wanting children (or whatever else)should then pursue someone the same way. Too many people get rejected for those reasons and then wonder why, well duh go for someone like them. In the case of an older man being rejected by younger women that should be his sign that he is unrealistic and should date someone his age. It's not the same thing as a woman my age rejecting a man much older because we aren't the same. Sure he can continue to pursue younger women but if he is failing that means he has nothing to offer these women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships