Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 04:13 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
what do you do when a woman tells you this? obviously you'd write her off......right?

but what about when they say "im still interested, things are just hectic right now"

then they go on to name all the stuff they're busy with.

BUT....

i look at it like this, maybe they're just Pi$s poor at managing time?

if a famous musician who tours 200 days a year can make time for a personal life, then they sure as hell can seeing as how they dont have autograph signings, public appearances etc.

all they do is work, go home, repeat.

so in the future if a girl says " oh im busy" MOVE ON. because it only takes a few seconds to text someone.

it almost seems like they want you to be the back burner guy
Don't worry about it.
Maybe she is really busy right now...
Maybe she just doesn't want to talk to you...
Maybe she is feeling bad and lies in the bed...
Maybe, maybe...
Do you really have to think about all this?
She is busy? Forget about it and do what you were doing before you called her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
what do you do when a woman tells you this? obviously you'd write her off......right?

but what about when they say "im still interested, things are just hectic right now"

then they go on to name all the stuff they're busy with.

BUT....

i look at it like this, maybe they're just Pi$s poor at managing time?

Bingo! Not for all scenarios, but people on here really need to stop thinking in black and white. Group think mentality can ruin a possible great match.

Don't let others convolute your thinking and judgment. Dating is a case-by-case scenario, and not everyone is the same, and not everything is linear. Depends.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:29 PM

85 posts, read 159,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
I've learned to live by this philosophy:

"Don't waste your time on someone unwilling to waste their time on you."

I'll elaborate a little...

It only takes a few seconds to text someone and a few minutes to call and say hello. People who don't think there is enough time to do those things are either horrible time managers or worse and more likely, completely oblivious to other people.
....time worth wasting isn't time wasted!

Old 06-23-2013, 10:35 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Mickey Dee's drive thu.
If that's what someone does for a living, that's their career.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:03 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTL3000 View Post
It only takes a few seconds to text someone and a few minutes to call and say hello. People who don't think there is enough time to do those things are either horrible time managers or worse and more likely, completely oblivious to other people.
If someone wants to do something he seeks for the opportunities, and if he doesn't want to do this he seeks for the excuses.
So if he/she says: 'I had no time to call', in most of the times he/she is lying. He/she could call later, isn't he?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
When I say "I've been busy" it's usually because I've been under deadline. In the last two weeks of my deadline times, I basically get swallowed by my job and it turns into a 12-hour-a-day scenario. I also have my pets and house to take care of. The stress makes me tense and uneasy, and I don't sleep well. If I'm not working, taking care of my pets or working on the house during those times, I am taking care of myself to make sure I don't fall to pieces.

Why put up with this? Well, it pays pretty nicely, I get to work from home and my co-workers are great. Furthermore, my job allows me live the life I've always wanted. If I'm not interested in someone, I'm going to tell them the truth if they ask. But if I say I'm busy, then yes, I've been busy.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:48 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
Sometimes I just say "I have been busy" because it is easier and more polite than saying "In the course of prioritizing my life, I have placed going out with you somewhere below playing softball, cutting my grass, reading the WSJ, and watching youtube videos."

Old 06-24-2013, 09:16 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
If I'm not interested in someone, I'm going to tell them the truth if they ask. But if I say I'm busy, then yes, I've been busy.
Exactly.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:31 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Sounds a little needy to me. Who are you to judge how busy you think someone else is? Many people have hobbies outside of work, and I'm guessing you haven't even considered that. You don't sound like the type of guy who cares to ask about a woman's hobbies. And this whole "it takes a few seconds to text back"??? Cooome ooon! For a lot of people, it's expensive to text back, and most people text to start an all-day conversation and believe it or not, many people don't have time for it. Get some help, honey, you reek of neediness.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:21 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Sounds a little needy to me. Who are you to judge how busy you think someone else is? Many people have hobbies outside of work, and I'm guessing you haven't even considered that. You don't sound like the type of guy who cares to ask about a woman's hobbies. And this whole "it takes a few seconds to text back"??? Cooome ooon! For a lot of people, it's expensive to text back, and most people text to start an all-day conversation and believe it or not, many people don't have time for it. Get some help, honey, you reek of neediness.
Ugh, texting - I hate communicating in brief sentences with a guy. I hate starting a text conversation when I'm stressed out and having it stretch out in drips and drabs at random intervals. I am ok with texting my friends because if I get distracted they know what's up. I'd rather not text with a romantic interest when I'm in one of my busy times - because it makes me even more distracted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships