U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 AM

5,368 posts, read 5,741,235 times

Advertisements

Absolutely. Sex is just a physical act, well to me at least
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 07:30 AM

15,732 posts, read 17,347,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I didn't intend to give the impression I meant you have sex in the middle of the argument

Sure you have to "calm down"!

The OP asked about sex before you've made up from the argument - that's what I'm referring to.

We all know how it can take some couples days (weeks!) to make up officially.

Everyone needs a cooling off period in the minutes or hours following a heated argument!

But once you have calmed down, even though you are still hurt or angry and haven't made up, sex is a good way to get things back on track.
Well there ya go...difference in "style" then because once I have calmed down we "make up", THEN we discuss it (if it's something that needs to be discussed). So it makes no sense to me to have sex with him while we are still feeling angry/hurt.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:56 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,980,277 times
Quote:
Yes.

If a woman loves her man, and knows he loves her too, she is wise to have sex with him even if they haven't officially made up.
This is very important. What many do not understand, and what lovesMountains does, is that a man very much needs a woman to show her that she loves him. We are as vulnerable and insecure as women are, but we don't show it. I know if my wife had taken a different approach to our problems, I guarantee we wouldn't be ready to end it right now.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:58 AM

4,230 posts, read 5,910,176 times
Angry sex is pretty much the best type of sex 2 people can have. IMO.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 AM

2,161 posts, read 2,260,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This is very important. What many do not understand, and what lovesMountains does, is that a man very much needs a woman to show her that she loves him. We are as vulnerable and insecure as women are, but we don't show it. I know if my wife had taken a different approach to our problems, I guarantee we wouldn't be ready to end it right now.
I don't think that would help matters. We speak respectfully to each other and deal with disagreements rationally. We solve things in minutes or hours. We have sex when we both want to have sex and it hasn't been a problem for us.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,980,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I don't think that would help matters. We speak respectfully to each other and deal with disagreements rationally. We solve things in minutes or hours. We have sex when we both want to have sex and it hasn't been a problem for us.
OK, I understand.......I'm just saying my situation might be different depending on how both of us parties dealt with it.

Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 AM

3,414 posts, read 2,516,388 times
Quote:
We all know how it can take some couples days (weeks!) to make up officially.
Then those couples need to - as you are so fond of telling people around here to do - mature and grow up a bit. If an argument is resolved then what use is stewing about it for weeks before some kind of official make up? As sixy pointed out - when an argument arises the correct thing to do is resolve it and discuss it and move on.

The idea you have that one would be "wise" to have sex regardless of stewing angrily over something is one I do not share. The only "wise" time to have sex is when all parties involved WANT to and feel in the mood to do so.

You almost make it sound like sex is something that women should use to appease and placate their men.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 AM

526 posts, read 681,771 times
Make up sex is hot and I find can sometimes make your man see that you were right all along.

Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,270,313 times
Quote:
Thank you Lucario, this is exactly what I was trying to say.

Unfortunately many people let their ego's get in the way of their own happiness.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:01 AM

11,674 posts, read 13,918,413 times
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you Lucario, this is exactly what I was trying to say.

Unfortunately many people let their ego's get in the way of their own happiness.
Is sex the only way to show love? I never knew that.

It's sad to me that you - especially you, loves, as a woman - think it's necessary for a woman to put aside her feelings (NOT ego) so that her man can get his jollies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships