Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 06:52 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,939,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I love cooking, so why wouldn't I?
I don't know...he might get used to all that comfort and ease of having a woman cooking for him.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:53 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I do these things and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I am sorry to hear that, but somehow, I found it hard to believe. (not implying you are lying)

MOST Of the women I know really appreciate men's kindness though.

I wonder where do you and OP meet your dates? You guys must have the worst luck in the dating world.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:54 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Eh, same goes with women. Why would I want to marry a man who will likely gain a pot belly, cheat on me, and basically make me his Mother? Heaven forbid I get pregnant and he decides it's 'too much responsibility' and decides to leave me a single Mom with zero repercussions on his part.

No thanks to that.
Wow, someone really is cynical. Damn, you're worse than I am. Do you think every guy is like this?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:55 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
I do these things and it doesn't seem to make a difference.
And I also pay my own way and never expect a man to pick me up, or buy anything for me and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Those women just weren't into you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
I don't know...he might get used to all that comfort and ease of having a woman cooking for him.
Like I said, I liked to cook and I especially like to cook for my partner so it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he got used to it, as long as he didn't demand or expect it. I don't like being taken for granted.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Wow, someone really is cynical. Damn, you're worse than I am. Do you think every guy is like this?
It's always in the back of my mind, but it was more of an exaggerated reply to the poster I was replying to. He assumes all women are out to get him, so I just shot that back at him. Do I think every guy is like that? No way...but the potential is there until proven otherwise.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am sorry to hear that, but somehow, I found it hard to believe. (not implying you are lying)

MOST Of the women I know really appreciate men's kindness though.

I wonder where do you and OP meet your dates? You guys must have the worst luck in the dating world.
Oh, I'm not going to lie, I have terrible luck dating. Picture this: My last girlfriend I treated like a queen (and no, I wasn't a doormat). I opened doors, helped her fix stuff around the house, took her to doctors (she had a brief illness), took care of her when she was sick, etc. You're not going to believe this either, but 4 days after taking care of her an entire weekend, she broke up with me. I was great with her (not perfect) and was expressive without being a total sap, paid for dinners, opened doors, and we had an awesome sex life. And she ended it abruptly after I treated her probably the best she had ever been treated. So yeah, I have terrible dating luck. Women fool me into believing they're really sweet, down to earth, and honest and then I find out the opposite is true.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:00 PM

Quote:
It's always in the back of my mind, but it was more of an exaggerated reply to the poster I was replying to. He assumes all women are out to get him, so I just shot that back at him. Do I think every guy is like that? No way...but the potential is there until proven otherwise.
I can accept that. Look at my last response, lol.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
And I also pay my own way and never expect a man to pick me up, or buy anything for me and that doesn't seem to make a difference. Those women just weren't into you.
If they're not into me, they should insist on paying instead of taking advantage!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Oh, I'm not going to lie, I have terrible luck dating. Picture this: My last girlfriend I treated like a queen (and no, I wasn't a doormat). I opened doors, helped her fix stuff around the house, took her to doctors (she had a brief illness), took care of her when she was sick, etc. You're not going to believe this either, but 4 days after taking care of her an entire weekend, she broke up with me. I was great with her (not perfect) and was expressive without being a total sap, paid for dinners, opened doors, and we had an awesome sex life. And she ended it abruptly after I treated her probably the best she had ever been treated. So yeah, I have terrible dating luck. Women fool me into believing they're really sweet, down to earth, and honest and then I find out the opposite is true.
Maybe she felt suffocated...or she just realized she didn't have romantic feelings towards you. No amount of 'treating a person well' can overcome that.

It doesn't mean she wasn't sweet, down to earth and honest...she just wasn't that into you.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
So, what's up with guys? It seems there are no guys that want to date seriously. They only seem to want to hook up, or do the mininum effort necessary to go out on one date. They don't even want to pay for the entire date anymore. Always seem tp want to split the bill. They call you a few times, you have a couple nice dates then never hear from them again.
Also, there is no chivalry. Men no longer buy flowers, or show effort or that they even want to date. It seems they just want to hook up. Also, I got approached by a married, 60+ year old man who goes to the restuarant I frequent asking if I want to be his "friend". So, my question is: what is it about me, having a cocktail, dressed nicely, keeping to myself says to you I am interested in some kind of affair??
,sex now isn't worth the 30 mins so. Not worth the clean up.
Also, what's in it for me? the guy gets to have the pleasure and what do I get?? Is the guy going to date me? Is he going to buy me something? take me out? take me on a trip? No, just a lousy, lazy guy who's a bad kisser and awful in bed. But even if he was good in bed, who cares? it won't lead to anything anyway. And I'm not looking for guys who just want a good time.

Just my thoughts!!

Take you on a trip??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships