Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2013, 11:00 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
And here I was thinking that when that brown haired beauty from the park called me a Chihuahua it was a compliment.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
There is a term for women who want the best of both worlds, its "cakers" - i dont think an explanation is needed. OP, when will women stop pretending that they dont enjoy sex as much as men, if not more? When will you stop using your vajayjay as a weapon?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 AM

523 posts, read 839,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
There is a term for women who want the best of both worlds, its "cakers" - i dont think an explanation is needed. OP, when will women stop pretending that they dont enjoy sex as much as men, if not more? When will you stop using your vajayjay as a weapon?

Women may enjoy sex as much as men but it doesn't mean that they view sex the same as men. Do you really think that men and women are the same?

Stop pretending that it's just women that want the best of both worlds. Men want a woman that will make money as well as raise the children, cook and clean. Despite more and more women becoming the breadwinners, many men still refuse to do their fair share of work around the house.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:19 AM

102,181 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Women want equal pay and control over their bodies (which they obviously should anyways), yet they still expect a man to foot the bill and even go so far as to open a car door for them. I open the door for people because it's respectful and rude to not do otherwise, not because you have a different set of genitals than I do.

What if the woman initiates the date, rather it be online or IRL? Picks the place ? Should the guy still be required to pick her up, open her door and pay for the meal, just because he's a guy ? Some would argue, yes, they should. On what basis ? Because how it used to be ?

And yeah, of course some guys expect sex after a few dates, even after one, because of how they've unfortnuately been trained these days....and there's no one to blame but women.
The bolded has nothing to do with "these days". There have always been guys who expected sex on the first date. There have always been shy guys who couldn't bring themselves to talk to women. Nothing has changed in that respect. Why, in order for women to end discrimination and to have control over their bodies (something men have always taken for granted), do they have to trade something away in exchange? Equal pay and control over one's body should be givens. However, that said, opening doors and pulling out chairs are trivial matters. Overall character and integrity are so much more important. Who cares if he opens doors and pulls out a chair to seat you if he's an alcoholic, a gambler, a cheater, an abuser or a deadbeat?

Old 06-26-2013, 11:24 AM

102,181 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Stop pretending that it's just women that want the best of both worlds. Men want a woman that will make money as well as raise the children, cook and clean. Despite more and more women becoming the breadwinners, many men still refuse to do their fair share of work around the house.
Throughout history, men have always had the best of both worlds, they've taken everything for granted. Now they're just freaking out because women want a piece of their pie. Look at what happened when African Americans demanded a piece of the pie. Attack dogs and fire hoses were used on them. Women are getting off comparatively easily, but it's taking a lot longer to reach their goals.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:09 PM

36,489 posts, read 30,820,705 times
quote=ATG5;30201491]

Quote:

In other words, why can't we just pick and choose when we (women) want

equality and when we do not. Got it.

No. What has being given equal pay, having control over your own body and having the same legal rights have to do with gender roles.

When it comes down to it women are still held to be feminine in appearance, stay thin, be demure, defer to men, cook, clean and nurture children and basically take a back seat. And men are held to be leaders, protectors and breadwinners.

So if you (men) don't want to pay for dates, open doors, be the breadwinners, protectors, leaders and head of the family and have control over your own medical decisions then you should your forfeit your rights as a full citizen? Isn't it picking and choosing when you want legal and social equality but also expect to be treated like a man.

Quote:
Obviously, men can utilize self-restrain or whatever, but like others have
Quote:
mentioned, we live in a hook-up society, where ONS, FWB and other hookup
arrangements are more regular than most people realize. Part of that is men who
think with their littler one, but it always takes two to tango.

Then why did you blame men's behavior on women?

Quote:

But as much as I hear women about men expecting sex
after a date or two, all I'm saying is this behavior didn't just flare up out of
nowhere. And if she's constantly complaining about men being like this, well for
her, there's always one common denominator in the equation.

And of course it goes both ways, there are boppers out there, not because
they were born like that, but because there are men who have nothing else going
for them except their bank accounts (namely rappers), and they use their wealth
to get women. The more beautiful the woman, the more spoiled she is and the more
entitled she becomes. Then we turn around and see men complain that all hot
women are boppers and whores. No, the ones you associate yourself with may be,
but don't place 100% of the blame on her mindset. Also blame the guy she's
dating, pulling up in the Ferrari, giving her his Black Card while he goes to
play golf with some buddies.

So yes, when some men complain about women like this, men take a lot of
the blame for being enablers in this situation.
I agree but I didn't get so much the OP complaining about men as much as this whole hook up, sex all around, no type of commitment dating era.

Old 06-26-2013, 12:30 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Women may enjoy sex as much as men but it doesn't mean that they view sex the same as men. Do you really think that men and women are the same?

This is so true! If i ever gonna be a mom or a wife theres NO WAY im gonna be working and then cooking/cleaning and doing everything around the house while my husband relax and watchs tv.....YEAH RIGHT

hALF and half or nothing

Old 06-26-2013, 01:01 PM

483 posts, read 1,559,213 times
How hard a man tries depends on how eligible you are. If you're are a stunning beauty with a thousand options, they try very hard because they know there's fierce competition. I know some very attractive women and none of them ever complained that guys don't try hard. The complaint is the other way around: Guys try TOO hard and it seems fake.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM

523 posts, read 839,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
How hard a man tries depends on how eligible you are. If you're are a stunning beauty with a thousand options, they try very hard because they know there's fierce competition. I know some very attractive women and none of them ever complained that guys don't try hard. The complaint is the other way around: Guys try TOO hard and it seems fake.
This is so true! I don't know if it seems fake, but it seems needy and sometimes overwhelming.

Old 06-26-2013, 02:21 PM

36,489 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Mod cut: Orphaned; inappropriate language.

When a guy asks me out and we split the bill or go dutch he is a friend. If there is sex afterword he is my FWB. But don't ask me out, expect me to pay then expect the key to my nether region.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to actually date a person with hopes of developing a relationship. Dating does not equate to being kept and it dosen't have to cost much at all.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-26-2013 at 03:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.