Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:22 PM

3,975 posts, read 7,693,361 times

Advertisements

So, what's up with guys? It seems there are no guys that want to date seriously. They only seem to want to hook up, or do the mininum effort necessary to go out on one date. They don't even want to pay for the entire date anymore. Always seem tp want to split the bill. They call you a few times, you have a couple nice dates then never hear from them again.
Also, there is no chivalry. Men no longer buy flowers, or show effort or that they even want to date. It seems they just want to hook up. Also, I got approached by a married, 60+ year old man who goes to the restuarant I frequent asking if I want to be his "friend". So, my question is: what is it about me, having a cocktail, dressed nicely, keeping to myself says to you I am interested in some kind of affair??
,sex now isn't worth the 30 mins so. Not worth the clean up.
Also, what's in it for me? the guy gets to have the pleasure and what do I get?? Is the guy going to date me? Is he going to buy me something? take me out? take me on a trip? No, just a lousy, lazy guy who's a bad kisser and awful in bed. But even if he was good in bed, who cares? it won't lead to anything anyway. And I'm not looking for guys who just want a good time.

Just my thoughts!!

Old 06-24-2013, 07:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
When women do not require a great deal of effort from men, men do not generally feel the need to put forth the effort.

Women have made everything so easy for men that many men see not need to be gentlemen. Heck, men don't even have to ask women out any more or pay for dates.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
When women do not require a great deal of effort from men, men do not generally feel the need to put forth the effort.

Women have made everything so easy for men that many men see not need to be gentlemen. Heck, men don't even have to ask women out any more or pay for dates.
Boy I'd like to know what planet this is so I can move there. LOL

Old 06-24-2013, 07:29 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Gender roles done evolved. Get with it or get lost.

Ya'll wanted equal pay, equal treatment, and respect. Now that a lot of you have this, it is time for equality to permeate every aspect of life, dating included. We want some effort out of ya'll too.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
What I want to know is if this is easy, how much harder can it get?

Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post
So, what's up with guys? It seems there are no guys that want to date seriously. They only seem to want to hook up, or do the mininum effort necessary to go out on one date. They don't even want to pay for the entire date anymore. Always seem tp want to split the bill. They call you a few times, you have a couple nice dates then never hear from them again.
Also, there is no chivalry. Men no longer buy flowers, or show effort or that they even want to date. It seems they just want to hook up. Also, I got approached by a married, 60+ year old man who goes to the restuarant I frequent asking if I want to be his "friend". So, my question is: what is it about me, having a cocktail, dressed nicely, keeping to myself says to you I am interested in some kind of affair??
Also, what's in it for me? the guy gets to have the pleasure and what do I get?? Is the guy going to date me? Is he going to buy me something? take me out? take me on a trip? No, just a lousy, lazy guy who's a bad kisser and awful in bed. But even if he was good in bed, who cares? it won't lead to anything anyway. And I'm not looking for guys who just want a good time.

Just my thoughts!!

why do you feel they have to pay for the date? or buy you presents? are u sure you like men?

Men are beautiful, interesting, smart creatures. And spending time with a good one is a fully enjoyable experience for a woman. As women, we are not entitled to anything. Its a 2 way street....they like to spend time with us/we like to spend with them and THATS whats in for both of us.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfangal View Post

Just my thoughts!!
This all happened when women started leaving the house and sucking money out of the Dudes pockets after he said he would marry and commit.

Them days are over. To those who got burned they learned to get what they want and leave.

Tell me... What does the man get IF he commits??

I thought so.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:48 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
This all happened when women started leaving the house and sucking money out of the Dudes pockets after he said he would marry and commit.

Them days are over. To those who got burned they learned to get what they want and leave.

Tell me... What does the man get IF he commits??

I thought so.
Good point.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:52 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Gender roles done evolved. Get with it or get lost.

Ya'll wanted equal pay, equal treatment, and respect. Now that a lot of you have this, it is time for equality to permeate every aspect of life, dating included. We want some effort out of ya'll too.
No, they want equality AND still want men to perform traditional roles. They want to be able to pick and chose when convenient for them.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:55 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
No, they want equality AND still want men to perform traditional roles. They want to be able to pick and chose when convenient for them.
This is not true. Im a woman and i dont like the OP attitude to feel entitled to anything. I think men are wonderful. I pay my part in all my dates. Men are worth any effort. My girl friends are like this too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships