Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 03:41 PM

217 posts, read 307,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I'm so confused. I thought you were married and your wife wanted to go get "tall sperm"?
No, that was a hypothetical question for the women here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 03:47 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
Guys who never dated in high school or college are significantly impaired. Imagine being me and having zero experience at age 24. On issues of the opposite sex I have the emotional maturity level of a junior high schooler. I don't know how to deal with crushes, how to initiate physical contact with girls, or anything like that. I feel pathetic even trying.
You are 24. High school was a long time ago.

Many people don't date much in high school and yet manage to go on to form relationships in adulthood.

What happened in your life between 18 and 24? What about your college years?

Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are 24. High school was a long time ago.

Many people don't date much in high school and yet manage to go on to form relationships in adulthood.

What happened in your life between 18 and 24? What about your college years?
I already said I never dated in college

Old 06-26-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
I already said I never dated in college
Again, why?

Do you not see the absurdity of blaming something that did or didn't happen in high school for your life right now??

Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
First thing you should do is get off the computer. Your posts here are a barrage of complaining and negativity. I don't see how constantly writing out how miserable you are and how defective you feel could possibly be productive for you. It's too much navel-gazing and not enough action. The more you write about this stuff, the deeper you wallow in it. That goes double when you have a negative or defensive answer for those who try to help you. If you just want to vent, go write in a journal or blog. Posting here is tantamount to soliciting input, and if you already have all the answers, you're just wasting everyone's time.

If you are feeling truly down, and don't just need to blow off steam, go talk to a real live human about it, someone who knows and loves you, or, if necessary, a counselor.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Again, why?

Do you not see the absurdity of blaming something that did or didn't happen in high school for your life right now??
I didn't even care about dating until I was like 21 or 22. Now, I do, but it's hard not having an experience to go off.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
First thing you should do is get off the computer. Your posts here are a barrage of complaining and negativity. I don't see how constantly writing out how miserable you are and how defective you feel could possibly be productive for you. It's too much navel-gazing and not enough action. The more you write about this stuff, the deeper you wallow in it.

If you are feeling down, go talk to a real live human about it, someone who knows and loves you, or, if necessary, a counselor.
PREACH IT

Glittering, read this one again.

AND AGAIN.

Time to take action honey, no more sitting around complaining!

Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
I didn't even care about dating until I was like 21 or 22. Now, I do, but it's hard not having an experience to go off.
Look, learning how to do anything new means you try and try again

Did you get up on a bike and ride more than 2 feet without falling the first time you tried??

Did you tie your shoe perfectly tight so that it lasted all day the first time you tried?

Did you connect the ball with the bat and make a home run the first time you played baseball?

So you have no dating experience - GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER AND GO OUT AND GET SOME!!!

Sitting here whining and moaning about not having what you want is NEVER going to get it for you, don't you see?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:04 PM

677 posts, read 1,193,655 times
Quote:
Guys who never dated in high school or college are significantly impaired. Imagine being me and having zero experience at age 24. On issues of the opposite sex I have the emotional maturity level of a junior high schooler. I don't know how to deal with crushes, how to initiate physical contact with girls, or anything like that. I feel pathetic even trying.
I'm loving it. It's a very liberating experience. Being able to do whatever you want without expectations or having to show a report to someone else.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:05 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
PREACH IT

Glittering, read this one again.

AND AGAIN.

Time to take action honey, no more sitting around complaining!
There ought to be a finite number of gripes and posts indicative of self-sabotage on here. Make it like a Tootsie Pop: Three licks to get to the center. After that, you get bitten in half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships