U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:42 PM

6,376 posts, read 4,528,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There was a long article about this in the NY Times recently. It said that women are hard-wired to look for a new mate after the one they've paired off with gets too familiar (read: boring). They're programmed to have sex with as many men as possible.

Surprise, surprise.
Thats scary...talk about a value drop

Old 06-27-2013, 01:43 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,363,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
It always surprises me when older guys say that younger guys are bad in bed,
That would surprise me, too, and I would never say that. You may have missed the part where I said "I'm sure plenty of young men are good at it." I still think sex is something most of us (male and female) get better at with experience. Sure, when people reach the age that things don't function well, that's a different story. I'm just saying that function isn't the only variable.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are a lot of inconsistencies on this forum. We've had threads where most women have posted that their guys can't keep up with them sexually. We've had other threads where women say that 4x/week is the most any woman could do or would want to do, even in their 20's. Go figure.
Agreed. I think this is because people's own experiences differ greatly, and people tend to assume by default that their experiences are those of everyone.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post

Why do you think theres videos of women banging 100 guys in a row and not videos of a guy banging 100 girls in a row lol
Ha, good point.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:50 PM

5,412 posts, read 8,284,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
43 yrs of hearing otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that woman can and do have a high sex drives, I'm just saying it isn't across the board true with all women comparing to men, or like I've said, it wouldn't be a long standing joke. I shouldn't say not having sex drives, I mean actually having sex as much as the men... I know that doesn't make as much sense, but it's too hard to explain... I think women want sex, maybe other things get in the way more and men don't let those other things get in the way... if that makes any sense

I know I can't keep up with Mrs.Chow that much is true....
But doesn't your above statement just help to prove my point? Why do you think this situation is unique to your marriage? I am telling you that of the 40 y.o. women I know (this is also my age range), most are telling me that their hubbies are having a hard time keeping up with their sex drive....My own hubby tells me this - but he gives in... LOL...

Do you think your relationship is an anomaly? The average 43 year old woman that I know (pretty much all my social group) is just like your wife - They seem to have a very high sex drive and they want to have sex with their partners A LOT.... There is a reason why Viagara is so popular... LOL (And NO - we don't use it!)

Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 PM

10,543 posts, read 4,680,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Agreed. I think this is because people's own experiences differ greatly, and people tend to assume by default that their experiences are those of everyone.
Agreed^ (Can't rep you again yet)

My reference point is myself, how could it be otherwise ?
I read plenty, both here & in books,
but I'm still my most comprehensive resource,
as I know more of my own sex life than I do of any other person's.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 PM

7,736 posts, read 13,972,238 times
Just because some men in relationships talk about how they aren't getting any from their women, that doesn't mean those particular women aren't taking care of their needs in their own hands.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 8,284,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
That would surprise me, too, and I would never say that. You may have missed the part where I said "I'm sure plenty of young men are good at it." I still think sex is something most of us (male and female) get better at with experience. Sure, when people reach the age that things don't function well, that's a different story. I'm just saying that function isn't the only variable.
Yes, there is something to be said about experience and longevity - which men may improve upon as they age...

Old 06-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
People do get even better at anything, with practice, if they care to. But if guys actually know that, why don't women become more desirable as sexual partners with every year that they age?
Well, for some of us, they do, all else being equal. I will certainly acknowledge that the women I've been with in their late 20's and 30's have been more skilled than those in their teens and early 20's.

One reason you may see a discrepancy here, though, is that it takes a different type of skill and experience to help a woman orgasm than a man. (I'm sure any bisexual person can confirm that for us.) For men it's a fairly mechanical process, and fairly similar from man-to-man. For women it's a little more complex, and varies more from woman to woman. In other words, what worked for your last man will likely work for the next man, but what worked for your last woman may not at all be what your next one is into.

I can't speak for all guys, but I know for me it took a little bit of practice and experience to figure that out. It also helped that, as I got older, I met women who were more comfortable with their sexuality and more able to show me what they like. I think you'd have much rather been with the 30 or 40 year old version of me than the 18-21 year old version of me. I think an inexperienced woman is more likely to get a man off than an inexperienced man is to get a woman off.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:02 PM

3,899 posts, read 4,408,100 times
I do think women also crave variety as much as men..In my social circle nearly ever women most of them married have come close to crossing the line flirting with my very good looking single friend..

If you pay attention closely women can be even creepier then men when they see a good looking person..I know people claim women arent as visual as men or need mental stimulation ot get horny but i dotn buy it i think they lose their mind and get as horny as men do when there around a good looking person..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships