Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

meh. I'd disagree because in my experiences I've worn women completely out and I was able to continue.

I haven't dated a woman who was 40 or older, so that could make a difference.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:02 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Sorry to disagree but I think their study is total BS. Survey a large group of married men and married women and you will find the truth. As a rule, men want it more than women. I have yet to hear an average man complain that he regularly walks into a bar/club, and the women will just not leave him alone and want to take him home. Experience is a much better teacher in many cases than some study from a bunch of professors in college that just want to sell a book.
I have had this conversation numerous times with many married couples, and I find your statement untrue. This is a myth perpetuated by this site, and perhaps by those in bad relationships - the study supports what I've seen IRL.... In good LT relationships (and I know many) the women seem to want is as much as the men...

Old 06-27-2013, 01:08 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
I have had this conversation numerous times with many married couples, and I find your statement untrue. This is a myth perpetuated by this site, and perhaps by those in bad relationships - the study supports what I've seen IRL.... In good LT relationships (and I know many) the women seem to want is as much as the men...
LOL, come on..... for the most part, it's always the men complaining about lack of booty time.... I've worked around men my whole life and that's all I ever hear.... yes I know that a lot of times women complain about it......

Yes, I don't always hear the women's side of the story, but it's such a long standing joke about how the hubbie doesn't get any.....IRL and on the forum... to say otherwise just isn't true....

If it wasn't true you wouldn't see jokes and tv sitcom shows about men complaining about lack of sex... most shyt that is true or stereotypes about things show up in the media/entertainmen't as long standing jokes.....

Old 06-27-2013, 01:11 PM

63 posts, read 132,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
meh. I'd disagree because in my experiences I've worn women completely out and I was able to continue.

I haven't dated a woman who was 40 or older, so that could make a difference.
And I am sure that you are popular. Don't dismiss a gal that can outlast a guy or two, they do exist.

Last edited by Anna Nimity; 06-27-2013 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-27-2013, 01:24 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Nimity View Post
And I am sure that you are popular. Don't dismiss a gal that can outlast a guy or two, they do exist.
I'm not very popular at all lol.

I wouldn't dismiss it, but right now I disagree since I've not met a woman who can outlast me.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:24 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, come on..... for the most part, it's always the men complaining about lack of booty time.... I've worked around men my whole life and that's all I ever hear.... yes I know that a lot of times women complain about it......

Yes, I don't always hear the women's side of the story, but it's such a long standing joke about how the hubbie doesn't get any.....IRL and on the forum... to say otherwise just isn't true....

If it wasn't true you wouldn't see jokes and tv sitcom shows about men complaining about lack of sex... most shyt that is true or stereotypes about things show up in the media/entertainmen't as long standing jokes.....
TV sitcoms often depict men as idiots - do you believe that? Stereotypes/jokes are not always true. I was referring specifically to happily married couples in LTR. Are you one of those?

I was recently at a married "couples party" my friend hosted at her shop. She has a shop in the city that sells intimate apparel and toys. The party was hilarious and the running joke was that the women were just not getting it enough from their guys, so the "toys" were selling fast. My friend tells me that sales to married women is very brisk, because as the OP's study supports - they often DO have a really, really strong sex drive (solo or with the right partner) ... Why is this so hard to believe?

BTW, the couples to which I am referring are all very fit, healthy, educated, successful, happily married, around 40 y.o., so I can not speak for other demographic groups (e.g. guys in their early 20's, etc.)

Old 06-27-2013, 01:31 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
From The Atlantic (thread title is title of the article):

Have any of you folks read the book? Or the research it's based on? How will this affect relationships?
I read the review to which you linked,
and I saw the interview with author on Colbert Report.
Want to read the book, but have to wait & see if my library gets it.

Can't say that this book will change anything, but it's certainly of interest to me.
I enjoyed Mary Roach's book on the science of sex called "Bonk", which came out a few years back.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
There are a lot of inconsistencies on this forum. We've had threads where most women have posted that their guys can't keep up with them sexually. We've had other threads where women say that 4x/week is the most any woman could do or would want to do, even in their 20's. Go figure.
These examples are not necessarily inconsistencies. If you could measure sexuality on a single gender-neutral, continuous scale, you'd have two probability distributions that would have different mean values and shapes, but will still overlap each other in some area common to both distributions. So, there is always some chance that a single woman with a very high sex drive can end up with a single man with a very low sex drive or vice-versa. Just because the probability that this will happen is small doesn't mean that it can't happen. But it may mean that, if 900/1000 posters are in this situation, the sample of choices is skewed toward "odd couples", couples with relationship problems.

Could that be true, here?

What is probably more true, on average, is that a large proportion of young couples either don't place a high priority on sex to find out if they are well match; haven't found out how important sex is to them in a relationship; or change their priorities over time, all of which also can lead to relationship problems.

Could that be true, here?

In either case, you'll find members of both sexes either complaining about the mismatch, or sticking their heads in the sand and arguing about who takes out the garbage.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
TV sitcoms often depict men as idiots - do you believe that? Stereotypes/jokes are not always true. I was referring specifically to happily married couples in LTR. Are you one of those?

I was recently at a married "couples party" my friend hosted at her shop. She has a shop in the city that sells intimate apparel and toys. The party was hilarious and the running joke was that the women were just not getting it enough from their guys, so the "toys" were selling fast. My friend tells me that sales to married women is very brisk, because as the OP's study supports - they often DO have a really, really strong sex drive (solo or with the right partner) ... Why is this so hard to believe?

BTW, the couples to which I am referring are all very fit, healthy, educated, successful, happily married, around 40 y.o., so I can not speak for other demographic groups (e.g. guys in their early 20's, etc.)
43 yrs of hearing otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that woman can and do have a high sex drives, I'm just saying it isn't across the board true with all women comparing to men, or like I've said, it wouldn't be a long standing joke. I shouldn't say not having sex drives, I mean actually having sex as much as the men... I know that doesn't make as much sense, but it's too hard to explain... I think women want sex, maybe other things get in the way more and men don't let those other things get in the way... if that makes any sense

I know I can't keep up with Mrs.Chow that much is true....

I just keep reading stuff on this forum lately that just completely doesn't jive with what I see around me... someone recently said that lesbo women more often than not are sexier and more feminine then straight women... I'm like what frigging planet are you living on.... I mean again with the jokes, why would the be butch/macho/ comfortable shoe wearing jokes about lesbo women if they were so fem as someone said...

Not to take this thread off topic....

Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
People do get even better at anything, with practice, if they care to. But if guys actually know that, why don't women become more desirable as sexual partners with every year that they age?
Can't rep you again yet, but I would...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships