Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 PM

173 posts, read 209,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Not every woman can take the pill or any other hormonal birth control. My OB-GYN and my family Dr wouldn't be stupid enough to prescribe them to me.

The paraguard IUD is excellent though!
I'd say you are a rare case then.

Just like those cholesterol tablets that can give you a stroke.

The guy with 180 and feels 20 years younger and is lighter on his feet doesn't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
IRL, every woman I know in a LTR or that is married uses it. It helps their monthly problems as well. I've never seen or heard of so much/many "problems" with oral birth control as I read on here in IRL.

No one has ever gotten pregnant while using as directed either, though I cannot say the same with condoms and other forms of "rhythm" birth control.

My one buddy's sister is a product of a broken jimmy.

Take your pill...or I WILL! LOL
It was really effective for us. I never wanted to have sex (it killed my drive) so there was really no risk of pregnancy.

Then I tried another method (The ring) and that one caused anxiety, my pulse to race and heart palpitations.

So it was condoms or no sex until he decided to have a vasectomy.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Quote:
I'd say you are a rare case then.

Just like those cholesterol tablets that can give you a stroke.

The guy with 180 and feels 20 years younger and is lighter on his feet doesn't think so.
There should still be options for men and couples like the male BCP. Some men are forgetful and some women are forgetful. If you are a man and know your partner is forgetful, wouldn't you want to have the option to go on birth control to skip this hazard?

Old 06-27-2013, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
It was really effective for us. I never wanted to have sex (it killed my drive) so there was really no risk of pregnancy.

Then I tried another method (The ring) and that one caused anxiety, my pulse to race and heart palpitations.

I found zero sex drive on the pill too. (Before other health problems cropped up) Damn that's effective birth control! The woman never wants to have sex with you again, abstinence is the BEST birth control. The Pill, winning the battle against unwanted pregnancies since 1960.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,986 times
Quote:
I found zero sex drive on the pill too. (Before other health problems cropped up) Damn that's effective birth control! The woman never wants to have sex with you again, abstinence is the BEST birth control. The Pill, winning the battle against unwanted pregnancies since 1960.
It fails because the U.S. has supposedly millions of "unwanted pregnancies" each year and reported rates of "the pill" somehow didn't change that
P.S: yes I know that not everyone is using it either.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
It fails because the U.S. has supposedly millions of "unwanted pregnancies" each year and reported rates of "the pill" somehow didn't change it at all.
Meh, the birth rate is well below replacement levels in Canada. The rate of unplanned pregnancies/fertile woman and resulting abortions are lower too. Seems people are using birth control just fine in these parts for the most part. We rely on immigration for our birth rate short falls.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,626,986 times
Quote:
Meh, the birth rate is well below replacement levels in Canada. The rate of unplanned pregnancies/fertile woman and resulting abortions are lower too. Seems people are using birth control just fine in these parts for the most part. We rely on immigration for our birth rate short falls.
You do know that you said "the pill" changed it. One would think that, within a few years of its introduction, abortion rates would plummet severely. This didn't happen, in fact abortion rates increased some decades later instead. But that's not the mere problem. Fact is that when asked about "unplanned pregnancy", almost 3/4 of pregnancies were claimed to be "accidental". That's just hilarious, regadless of the fact that over a million of those unplanned pregnancies end with abortion. Fact is that even more are resulting with childbirth and you said that "the pill won against unwanted pregnancies". Or.... maybe it did deal for the most part against unwanted pregnancies for the woman.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

I'd either take my pill for you or just have sex with myself.

I might let you watch, but hen again I'm a selfish bastard and would enjoy punishing you.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
I might let you watch, but hen again I'm a selfish bastard and would enjoy punishing you.
You obviously never suffered from a non-existant libido. I wouldn't be "punished" because I wouldn't have given a shyt. That solution would have actually be preferable.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nald View Post
It fails because the U.S. has supposedly millions of "unwanted pregnancies" each year and reported rates of "the pill" somehow didn't change that
Yeah, whoopsie SUPPRIZE honey!

Nah, that dog doesn't work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships