Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:42 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Several months ago I meet a gal, and things seemed to get off to a good start. We go on a few dates, all is well. We plan on an evening at my place - dinner, chatting by the fire in the back yard. She goes to the restroom, and comes back with a look of...I'm not sure how to put it..mildly creeped out? Not in a "OMG, I'm dating an axe murderer!" kind of way, more of a "something odd is going on here" way.

She tells me she found it rather odd that my bathroom was clean, things are organized, no "reading material" by the toilet, nice towels on the rack, and worst of all, I have scented soaps at the sink (I normally buy Softsoap Black Raspberry and Vanilla).

In other words, it's the exact opposite of what she would expect of a guy's bathroom - dirty, messy, lava bar soap, etc. It was more of a woman's bathroom than a guy's bathroom. While she didn't specifically say it, I think she got the impression that perhaps I was lying when I said I was single, or that I recently broke up with someone (I told her that I've been single for a few years, and hadn't even been dating, which is the truth). Or perhaps she thought I was a metrosexual...I don't know, I never really got into the subject, and she wasn't much of a talker...I often felt I was forcing conversations like that (part of the several reasons we eventually went our separate ways).

I'll admit, it probably does seem a bit off, considering I am what many have said, a guy's guy, and I've been referred to as a redneck many times (which I don't argue, lol). But that said, would this bathroom thing be a turn off to women in general?
Obviously she doesn't deserve someone with your taste and style. Find someone who will appreciate you. These are her issues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,487 times
That would so not be a turn-off. What would be a turn-off is not seeing soap in the bathroom.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:47 AM

322 posts, read 584,393 times
Is there something wrong with the fact that I use Egyptian Musk Body Oil, Crest White Strips Supreme, Rembrandt Intense Stain Removal and Whitening Toothpaste, Cholesterol Conditioner, Tea Tree, Shampoo, and goat's milk soap?

Old 06-28-2013, 12:43 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
She tells me she found it rather odd that my bathroom was clean, things are organized, no "reading material" by the toilet, nice towels on the rack, and worst of all, I have scented soaps at the sink (I normally buy Softsoap Black Raspberry and Vanilla).

In other words, it's the exact opposite of what she would expect of a guy's bathroom - dirty, messy, lava bar soap, etc. It was more of a woman's bathroom than a guy's bathroom. While she didn't specifically say it,
She didn't say it...you are assuming it. All she said was that it was "odd". So maybe she has only dated pigs in the past. She's moving up.

Quote:
, would this bathroom thing be a turn off to women in general?

No, in fact I would EXPECT a clean and fresh bathroom. Nice smelling and clean towels. Who the hell wants to use a bathroom that is nasty? Yuck.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It is so much more manly if a woman finds an unflushed toilet, toe nail trimmings and used condoms in a mans bathroom
That's effen disgusting.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:33 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
It's not that important, other things are, but if I'm going to nitpick, it depends on what the towels look like (basic or foo foo?) and what the soaps smell like, but, ideally, he would be a brute and have neither.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times
Nah.

Seeing another lady in the bathroom might be a turnoff though, just guessing.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:40 PM

I vaguely remember one time reading about this childless guy who asked if girls would be turned off if he had baby wipes in his bathroom. lmao!

Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I vaguely remember one time reading about this childless guy who asked if girls would be turned off if he had baby wipes in his bathroom. lmao!
They clean well. Lol

Old 06-28-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
They clean well. Lol
He didn't have them to clean. He said his mother had them in her bathroom and he thought that girls liked having them so he wanted to get some to make the future ladies he was planning on having over be comfortable, but then he was afraid it would make him look girly to already have them, so he asked. It was just a funny question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships