Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 01:59 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I vaguely remember one time reading about this childless guy who asked if girls would be turned off if he had baby wipes in his bathroom. lmao!
Maybe the baby wipes were for cleaning the blood off of his blistered and calloused hands after 12 hours in the coal mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 02:25 PM

76 posts, read 127,695 times
Would not be turned off by this at all. I've been in a guy's apartment that is the exact opposite - I had to actually ask for soap because there wasn't any in the bathroom. How is that even an option?? That was a total turn off and if I ever am in that apartment again it will be because I have been kidnapped and forced to visit it against my will. I would take your cleanliness and attention to the nicer things in life as a positive.

Old 06-28-2013, 02:27 PM

31,031 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
That's effen disgusting.
Makes the overly clean guy look pretty good. Score one for the clean guys

Old 06-28-2013, 02:39 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbex View Post
Several months ago I meet a gal, and things seemed to get off to a good start. We go on a few dates, all is well. We plan on an evening at my place - dinner, chatting by the fire in the back yard. She goes to the restroom, and comes back with a look of...I'm not sure how to put it..mildly creeped out? Not in a "OMG, I'm dating an axe murderer!" kind of way, more of a "something odd is going on here" way.

She tells me she found it rather odd that my bathroom was clean, things are organized, no "reading material" by the toilet, nice towels on the rack, and worst of all, I have scented soaps at the sink (I normally buy Softsoap Black Raspberry and Vanilla).

In other words, it's the exact opposite of what she would expect of a guy's bathroom - dirty, messy, lava bar soap, etc. It was more of a woman's bathroom than a guy's bathroom. While she didn't specifically say it, I think she got the impression that perhaps I was lying when I said I was single, or that I recently broke up with someone (I told her that I've been single for a few years, and hadn't even been dating, which is the truth). Or perhaps she thought I was a metrosexual...I don't know, I never really got into the subject, and she wasn't much of a talker...I often felt I was forcing conversations like that (part of the several reasons we eventually went our separate ways).

I'll admit, it probably does seem a bit off, considering I am what many have said, a guy's guy, and I've been referred to as a redneck many times (which I don't argue, lol). But that said, would this bathroom thing be a turn off to women in general?
Not to me. In fact your bathroom is exactly what I found the first time I went to my then BF now husband's bathroom. And that's EXACTLY one of the reasons why I married him. I am a neat freak and I don't give a damn what a guy's guy bathroom must look or smell like, if it's dirty that will make me be turned off big time like it's one of the reasons I broke up with the guy I dated for 5 months. He has the 'normal' (REALLY?) guy dirty messy house and bathroom - YUCK.

Last edited by meaning; 06-28-2013 at 02:49 PM..

Old 06-28-2013, 02:49 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
For all one knows the guy might have a house keeper that comes and tidies up and leaves those kinds of things on the counters as a nice touch thinking his lady guest would appreciate it. And no he doesn't have to be rich to have this service. I know my last boyfriend always had someone come clean before me visits, but in general, his place was way more immaculate than mine and I liked it.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
For all one knows the guy might have a house keeper that comes and tidies up and leaves those kinds of things on the counters as a nice touch thinking his lady guest would appreciate it. And no he doesn't have to be rich to have this service. I know my last boyfriend always had someone come clean before me visits, but in general, his place was way more immaculate than mine and I liked it.
I used a service for a while after my divorce and will probably use one again when I bring my boat down for shipyard. They did put a new soap in the bathrooms every time which had a strong foo foo scent that I never could identify. I don't like foo foo scents I cant identify so when they asked for feedback on their service I told them I would have preferred the option to have say a citrus scent, lilac, fir, doesn't really matter, something from the real world and not overpowering.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:32 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Makes the overly clean guy look pretty good. Score one for the clean guys
Yes it does. I like things neat and orderly.

Old 06-28-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
I used a service for a while after my divorce and will probably use one again when I bring my boat down for shipyard. They did put a new soap in the bathrooms every time which had a strong foo foo scent that I never could identify. I don't like foo foo scents I cant identify so when they asked for feedback on their service I told them I would have preferred the option to have say a citrus scent, lilac, fir, doesn't really matter, something from the real world and not overpowering.
^ See people this and He is far from being anybody's girly man. Not to say what he might be willing to play when the lights go out. kidding, kidding, LOL

Old 06-28-2013, 03:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
^ See people this and He is far from being anybody's girly man. Not to say what he might be willing to play when the lights go out. kidding, kidding, LOL

Old 06-28-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Now you know I can't resist a good joke when it's staring me in the face. I know nothing of the sort about said person other than he appears to be one of the better guys around these parts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships