Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 11:54 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In order to have a "post racial" society, it would mean that as a whole, race must never be an issue in making decisions. Race is still a factor for many who are in the dating scene.
It's the fault of the politicians and people profiting off of race. The Jesse Jacksons of the world is why there is still and always will be racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 AM

39,195 posts, read 27,570,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It's the fault of the politicians and people profiting off of race. The Jesse Jacksons of the world is why there is still and always will be racism.
It’s difficult to fathom that many minority groups have fought so hard against racism, only to become the most racist people in the country.

I agree with you.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:32 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,665,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Really? Politicians can be faulted for a lot of things but they did not create racism out of thin air even if they aren't helping. Notice all the politicians capitalizing on people's fear of pickles. That's right, none because that issue doesn't exist.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:54 PM

50,330 posts, read 63,895,871 times
It is not so much about race as it is about socio economic status and upbringing. I am white, and if my daughter wanted to marry a black heart surgeon, I'd be fine with it. If she brought home a black junkie from the ghetto, then not so much.
Really, if any other than white person, even a poor one, wanted to marry my daughter and he was from a solid, hard working two parent family with similar values, we'd be fine with it too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships