Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:45 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times

Advertisements

This is a danger sign, into an addictive relationship. I was blind to every signal that my ex was bad news, because I was so completely enthralled with him, he was like a drug. It was dysfunctional.

Now, I have a more balanced relationship, much healthier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 05:47 PM

173 posts, read 209,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This is a danger sign, into an addictive relationship. I was blind to every signal that my ex was bad news, because I was so completely enthralled with him, he was like a drug. It was dysfunctional.

Now, I have a more balanced relationship, much healthier.
Well, women like to be thrilled and excited.

Nothing like a boring guy who puts them to sleep no matter how much money he makes....

Old 06-29-2013, 05:50 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Wont get into details cause this is a PG13 forum, but did you ever were in a relationship when sex was so overwhelmingly amazing that you find yourself thinking you are in love with a person too soon (less than 2 months after starting going out) but you are really just feeling lust??

I ve been going out with this guy for the last 2 months, after my very long 7 year relationship ended, and, well, lets put it this way: never before had sex with someone like i do with him. Either it is insane chemistry, or he is out of this world cause he is older and more experienced, or am i out of this world cause he makes me, or we make eachother the best cause of the chemistry. I dont know. But it is amazing. He has all the other qualities i like in a guy too (smart, intellectual, writer, funny, humble, nice and a gentleman) but its not possible im IN LOVE (wich i feel) with someone i just know for 2 months after being in such a long relationship. I just dont find it possible that im feeling LOVE so soon, so i might be confusing it with the lust i feel when im with him?? what do u think? is this possible? am I in love?? Im terryfied by the thought of being in love and vulnerable again
Sounds fantastic. It could be the one, but you really won't know until the fizzle calms down and you really find out if your really compatible.

Ive always heard that many people in South America were quick to proclaim their love for one another compared with the US or Canada. Is that true?

Anyway, enjoy it as much as you can!

Old 06-29-2013, 05:53 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,497 times
It's early in the relationship. It should feel this way, at this point. It could turn out well or badly; you'll see in time. Enjoy, but be careful, and have your friends meet him and give you feedback. They will be able to be more objective than you will. Listen to what they say.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:02 PM

173 posts, read 209,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sounds fantastic. It could be the one, but you really won't know until the fizzle calms down and you really find out if your really compatible.

Ive always heard that many people in South America were quick to proclaim their love for one another compared with the US or Canada. Is that true?

Anyway, enjoy it as much as you can!
I don't know about you other guys, but I'm not the type to wait around for years before she tells me she loves me.

It is never worth it.....

They know almost as fast as you do...sometimes even faster.

Why some guys get suckered into "dating" a woman for fun for 5 years is beyond me.

She'll dump your sorry ass the first better guy that comes along.

Old 06-29-2013, 06:06 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
dont let the clouds of the past rain on your picnic- keep thinking you have a clean slate, and things are going terrific..

keep the labels, expectations, in check,,,just enjoy the moment..

however....because you are giddy, dont overlook any red flags you see, ,,,face any red flags head on

this is very healthy for you,,,you are opening up, trusting again,,giving of yourself,,,letting your guard down,,,,and more importantly,,,enjoying it,,or allowing yourself to enjoy it

enjoy this- it doesnt happen very often,,,

Old 06-29-2013, 06:42 PM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
No

Old 06-30-2013, 05:18 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
"Blinded"? Intimacy has many dimensions. It's not just one or the other.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,445,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
Wont get into details cause this is a PG13 forum, but did you ever were in a relationship when sex was so overwhelmingly amazing that you find yourself thinking you are in love with a person too soon (less than 2 months after starting going out) but you are really just feeling lust??

I ve been going out with this guy for the last 2 months, after my very long 7 year relationship ended, and, well, lets put it this way: never before had sex with someone like i do with him. Either it is insane chemistry, or he is out of this world cause he is older and more experienced, or am i out of this world cause he makes me, or we make eachother the best cause of the chemistry. I dont know. But it is amazing. He has all the other qualities i like in a guy too (smart, intellectual, writer, funny, humble, nice and a gentleman) but its not possible im IN LOVE (wich i feel) with someone i just know for 2 months after being in such a long relationship. I just dont find it possible that im feeling LOVE so soon, so i might be confusing it with the lust i feel when im with him?? what do u think? is this possible? am I in love?? Im terryfied by the thought of being in love and vulnerable again
I'm confused.

"Blinded" implies you're overlooking red flags and negatives.

What negatives are you overlooking? Everything you stated about him was a positive - he sounds great.

ARE there any negatives?

You're simply stuck in the New Relationship Energy phase. We've all experienced it, and you might want to learn a thing or two from the Poly community, as they're generally pros at working through/recognizing this for what it is (for the most part). It's usually the monogamous people who are ignorant of it and get in trouble and make threads like this.

Learn about it:

New relationship energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-30-2013, 07:08 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Wife and I were engaged after less than 3 months of dating and married 6 months later. We will happily celebrate 37 years next month. We'd both dated other people for several years. Sometimes when its right, you just know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships