Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 10:43 PM

207 posts, read 354,776 times

Advertisements

^^^ Sure I agree! However...she is getting real clingy and crazy about it. My advice would be to not be so serious about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 11:23 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I have been working in this for years. My self esteem is actually now much higher than it used to be. But, yes, ive had NO self esteem for years and still have a long way to go till i reach the sky .
You may be selling yourself short. Codependency is an easy label to pin on someone who "loves too much". But where's the line? I guess, if this is a pattern, the same story, repeatedly.

You can't change your feelings without changing your behavior, first. Enjoy the sex. Take the rest slow to see where he is going. Stay close to your friends. Stay busy.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:57 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
wow, thanks for the amazing advice everyone

Old 09-11-2013, 05:45 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,414,103 times
Quote:
Wont get into details cause this is a PG13 forum, but did you ever were in a relationship when sex was so overwhelmingly amazing that you find yourself thinking you are in love with a person too soon (less than 2 months after starting going out) but you are really just feeling lust??

I ve been going out with this guy for the last 2 months, after my very long 7 year relationship ended, and, well, lets put it this way: never before had sex with someone like i do with him. Either it is insane chemistry, or he is out of this world cause he is older and more experienced, or am i out of this world cause he makes me, or we make eachother the best cause of the chemistry. I dont know. But it is amazing. He has all the other qualities i like in a guy too (smart, intellectual, writer, funny, humble, nice and a gentleman) but its not possible im IN LOVE (wich i feel) with someone i just know for 2 months after being in such a long relationship. I just dont find it possible that im feeling LOVE so soon, so i might be confusing it with the lust i feel when im with him?? what do u think? is this possible? am I in love?? Im terryfied by the thought of being in love and vulnerable again
Lust can grow into love.. sure, you may be developing deeper feelings for him.

Oxytocin could also be a reason why you feel the way you do, especially whenever you orgasm, the hormone build up gets stronger and stronger and peaks about 3 years into the relationship and plateaus.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:12 PM

6 months since this relationship ended and this guy was still the best partner ive ever had. A lot of water has gone under the bridge, other relationship passed, but still, no one (before or after) made me feel 10% of all the things this guy made me feel.

I think i was really in love and im still in love with him. Probably always will be . Time passed and it told me what i needed to know. Best guy i ever met.

Clearly he didnt feel the same way cause he is with someone else now. Still hold him close to my heart and life goes on, but, damn, reading old posts i found this one and almost started crying when i read what i wrote back then. How happy i was. How amazing being with him was. Feelings are still there but i have no other choice than moving on.

And the worst thing:he set the bar high. No one can compare to him in any aspect. Ive been with other guys and the differnce is incredible. I have the feeling that if i ever decide to stay with someone, i will be settling. Cause i have never met someone like him .

Old 03-30-2014, 10:34 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Quote:
6 months since this relationship ended and this guy was still the best partner ive ever had. A lot of water has gone under the bridge, other relationship passed, but still, no one (before or after) made me feel 10% of all the things this guy made me feel.

I think i was really in love and im still in love with him. Probably always will be . Time passed and it told me what i needed to know. Best guy i ever met.

Clearly he didnt feel the same way cause he is with someone else now. Still hold him close to my heart and life goes on, but, damn, reading old posts i found this one and almost started crying when i read what i wrote back then. How happy i was. How amazing being with him was. Feelings are still there but i have no other choice than moving on.

And the worst thing:he set the bar high. No one can compare to him in any aspect. Ive been with other guys and the differnce is incredible. I have the feeling that if i ever decide to stay with someone, i will be settling. Cause i have never met someone like him .
Been there, done that. It may take a couple years to get over someone that set the bar so high, but you'll live to see that there are others out there with his best qualities. The hard part is finding one that feels the same about you.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:37 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
In my opinion, the plateau could just keep on going up, for even years. What you describe is beyond really good rebound sex. You have met a guy who is right for you on many levels who is also 1 in 1000 as far as Lovers go. Just because you have a world shaking, out of body sex with a man does not mean that he is the one and only forever. Every girlfriend he has had may have the same experience as you and he is not with them any longer

Enjoy as much as you can and save the long term planning for a year or so down the road.
Quote:

Welcome back to your thread SophieLL. So sad that it came to an end but would you have given up on the experience in hindsite?

What I found most interesting about your thread is I reconnected with my female equivalent to your man shortly after you posted this thread. She had a boyfriend who she split with and I contacted her about that time. We met back up, but no sex. I really wanted to ask her if she had the same mind blowing experience with the man she replaced me with but I figured it would be inapropriate.

Old 04-01-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Welcome back to your thread SophieLL. So sad that it came to an end but would you have given up on the experience in hindsite?

What I found most interesting about your thread is I reconnected with my female equivalent to your man shortly after you posted this thread. She had a boyfriend who she split with and I contacted her about that time. We met back up, but no sex. I really wanted to ask her if she had the same mind blowing experience with the man she replaced me with but I figured it would be inapropriate.

You should have asked her!

Thanks for your kind words, and, in hindsite, i still would have done everything exactly like i did it. No regrets. Even if it hurts, it was so worth it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships