U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 06:41 PM

49 posts, read 35,224 times

Advertisements

My friend is dating this guy who's 35 or 36 years old, still lives at home but does work, but he's a mama's boy. So I was thinking about my friend and her being POSSIBLY she isn't 100% sure on it yet! But the two of them have been going out for a few months and I was thinking that if she is pregnant and does have a kid or kids, and she wants to get herself her own place and have this guy move in with her, how will that happen? This guy is as I said a mama's boy so how can a mama's boy move away from home and live out on his own or with his girlfriend?

She does care and love this guy a lot. Both of them do work and do go out every now and again etc. So I don't know I guess I am just a bit concerned about this whole ordeal.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:05 AM

2,141 posts, read 2,566,978 times
I'm sorry but your friend is an idiot. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear and that's what she is trying to do. Hope she has fun being a single mom to two babies instead of one.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:11 AM

14,439 posts, read 17,355,312 times
She's pregnant. Let them take a shot at it and don't discourage her from doing that.

Old 06-30-2013, 05:22 AM

16,482 posts, read 21,070,664 times
He has a job, so that is a good start. Lots of mama's boys eventually move out of their parents home. If he loves her and wants to be with her and be a father to this baby (if she is pg), then he will move.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:16 AM

22,654 posts, read 28,660,433 times
Maybe his Mama will adopt her, too.

Daddy needs to be given a chance to step up. Not fair to condemn him before he wimps out and runs back to his mama. Maybe he won't. Maybe a child will be the kick in the pants he needs to grow up.

After she is pregnant is a bit late to start worrying about his parenting potential.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:49 AM

42,674 posts, read 44,262,465 times
A baby changes everything. She needs to find out pronto. Go make a doctor appointment to see. Then she sits him down explains to him the situation. Tell him living at home isn't an option(trust me). You kiss the butt of the grandparents. You need them!!!

But you need your own place to lay down the laws with the family and child.
She needs to budget.

And if he isn't for it. Tell bucko its court time.

Hope it works out for the better. And sounds they are old enough to figure it out.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:55 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,135,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Maybe his Mama will adopt her, too.

Daddy needs to be given a chance to step up. Not fair to condemn him before he wimps out and runs back to his mama. Maybe he won't. Maybe a child will be the kick in the pants he needs to grow up.

After she is pregnant is a bit late to start worrying about his parenting potential.
He works and can hold down a job,So no excuse for him to move and be a real father. There is no other choice if your friend is expecting. He can keep regular contact with his mother like is expected, But he has to leave the nest so the child has a chance at a normal family structure. Too many kids do not and did not have this growing up. Myself included.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 AM

17,867 posts, read 17,769,517 times
He might be a mama's boy, but he may also have a decent looking bank account too, since he doesn't have many expenses

If she is pregnant, then that may be what makes him move out and make a life with her. I don't see any of this as being problematic.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:01 AM

173 posts, read 165,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygals View Post
My friend is dating this guy who's 35 or 36 years old, still lives at home but does work, but he's a mama's boy. So I was thinking about my friend and her being POSSIBLY she isn't 100% sure on it yet! But the two of them have been going out for a few months and I was thinking that if she is pregnant and does have a kid or kids, and she wants to get herself her own place and have this guy move in with her, how will that happen? This guy is as I said a mama's boy so how can a mama's boy move away from home and live out on his own or with his girlfriend?

She does care and love this guy a lot. Both of them do work and do go out every now and again etc. So I don't know I guess I am just a bit concerned about this whole ordeal.
Why is she so worried? He's not a 16-20 year old kid. He's a man and I would guess has MANS balls by now.

No big deal....you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

A friend of mine was 40 when something like this happened to his girlfriend who was about 30 at the time. Do you know what he did? This shocked the hell out of her. He married her!

They are still married and this was about 10 years ago.

Some men are just waiting for something like this to grow up and push them further.

It happens.....

Don't count on the young punk to do the same though....

Old 06-30-2013, 11:18 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,135,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Dweller View Post
Why is she so worried? He's not a 16-20 year old kid. He's a man and I would guess has MANS balls by now.

No big deal....you're making a mountain out of a mole hill.

A friend of mine was 40 when something like this happened to his girlfriend who was about 30 at the time. Do you know what he did? This shocked the hell out of her. He married her!

They are still married and this was about 10 years ago.

Some men are just waiting for something like this to grow up and push them further.

It happens.....

Don't count on the young punk to do the same though....
This is true. Single Men can often still hang on to the past, Toeing the line before accepting things are really about to change. Some men it's fatherhood, Others it may be a realization of getting older and others moving away from home or even starting a different career. They often may wait for sign or event liker the OP is describing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or