Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 04:04 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Just because a person "could pass" for 30s, doesn't make that person 30; no matter how many younger people someone dates.
But thats not what I was saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 04:20 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm not rich. They see my car (Honda Civic) and decide they won't date me I guess. Little do they know I'll eventually be the "millionaire next door". Women are shallower than men.
I think you're quite attractive, regardless of age, so you shouldn't have trouble getting a date in a more normal part of the country (a place where people don't marry so young). The car shouldn't matter either. When I was 25, I dated a guy who was 43 and was by no means wealthy - just an attractive man with an even greater inner beauty. I thought he was gorgeous, but I don't think the general public would find him gorgeous. Same with the man I'm interested in now - he's 50 and I'm days away from 34. It's all in the eye of the beholder. And while I don't seek out older men, I've just happened to find two who I'm really attracted to.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:26 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I didn't say you were ugly but yes you could definitely be delusional. Too many men think they are hot and try to get much younger then get mad because they can't. I am 42 and there is no way I'd want a much older man. When I was in my late 20's and doing online dating I ignored all the men in their late 30's and above because they were too old.
i guess its no different than a 35 yr old guy saying he will only date woman 25-35....nothing older,,,especially a woman over 40
i had friends that use to adhere to this in their 30's

i always thought age was just a number, its the maturity and chemistry

Old 07-02-2013, 04:27 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,240,474 times
I am in my late 40's and my boyfriends over the past 13 years have been -

30 (when I was 42)
22 (when I was 43 )
55 (my first ever silver fox hubba hubba )
40 (perfect age for a man IMO).

I found to my delight that the old guy was just as delicious as the younger ones. In fact he had the best legs I've ever seen.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:29 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
i guess its no different than a 35 yr old guy saying he will only date woman 25-35....nothing older,,,especially a woman over 40
i had friends that use to adhere to this in their 30's

i always thought age was just a number, its the maturity and chemistry
The difference is that at that age, men may want a family, and older women aren't likely to be suitable for that. Age matters when it is a question of fertility. otherwise, compatibility is a more important issue.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
But thats not what I was saying.
That's the impression I got. From the OP, he seems to feel just because he's blessed to look like he's in his 30s despite being 45, he shouldn't have to lower himself to date women his own age. Even if he may want kids, it just has an air of an entitled attitude.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:52 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,027,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm not rich. They see my car (Honda Civic) and decide they won't date me I guess. Little do they know I'll eventually be the "millionaire next door". Women are shallower than men.
It's not your car.

You were lamenting not being able to find a decent woman when you lived in Atlanta, and were so hopeful about relocating. And now you're in yet another undesirable city for dating? Is it the cities, or is it something about you? Are you giving off a desperate vibe? Are you too formal when people are more casual? Are you too uptight? Something, anything? Do you have any friends that can give you feedback, or introduce you to other single women?

What do you do when you're not at work? Do you go where women are?

Old 07-02-2013, 04:53 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,736 times
Quote:
That's the impression I got. From the OP, he seems to feel just because he's blessed to look like he's in his 30s despite being 45, he shouldn't have to lower himself to date women his own age. Even if he may want kids, it just has an air of an entitled attitude.
Hmm I don't get that from his post,,his post just make him sound desperate ..Anyways from his post's it looks like it might not be that he CAN'T get younger women (by younger I mean mid 30's) it's that even women in that age range where he lives have already had kids and don't want anymore.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,151 times
Quote:
It does, which is why it struck a raw nerve with me. I am tired of older men contacting me when I did online because men my age were seeking younger. I don't want an old geezer, I want someone my age.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:49 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,525,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Maybe he is but when a man is not getting a much younger woman it's either because he's not wealthy or he's not handsome. I don't know many women dying to date a much older man.
Not true. Im dating a certainly not wealthy and a not super handsome in the conventional sense of the word guy, he is almost 40, i just turned 30. To me, he is a catch. Super smart, interesting, a writer, a gentleman, an AMAZING kisser, great in bed, the best conversacionalist i ever met. I think any women with a bit of a brain would LOVE to date this guy, he is probably the most awesome guy i ever met.

So, yeah, the only conditions for someone older to be a catch arent HANDSOME OR WEALTHY. There are some kind of women who do not care about any of this stuff AT ALL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships