Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I have cell phone, tools, and I can macgivier.
Good to know you made it home safely.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Good to know you made it home safely.
Thanks!

Old 07-11-2013, 03:58 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
When I moved the furniture down to SC using my horse trailer. I heard that tire pop...pulled over and changed the tire on my trailer. I cursed a lot because getting the tire off was the easy part..it was getting the new tire back on. They are big tires and heavy. Finally using all my body parts I managed to get it on the trailer. Tightened lugs and drove off. State trooper pulled up beside me and checked. I smled and waved thinking to myself NOW you show up..where were you 30 minutes ago when I was crying and cursing on the side of the road. I went into a gas station rest stop and had to change my shirt..I was soaked in sweat.

That was the 2nd time I had a flat on that horse trailer. I didn't drive it for a while so I am thinking the tires were dry rotted. I have replaced 2 of the 4 tires.
I don't have a spare on my car. I don't think anyway. I remember my hubsand saying it didn't come with one and I don't think there is anyplace to store one (not that I've looked, but I remember my husband saying something to that effect). The car supposedly has self-sealing/run flat tires. I'm sure we'll test that out one day, just hopefully not when I've got a car full of kids (a few that aren't even mine) on a short road trip!

They better do something magical...they cost a small fortune when we had to replace them!

Old 07-11-2013, 04:20 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I don't have a spare on my car. I don't think anyway. I remember my hubsand saying it didn't come with one and I don't think there is anyplace to store one (not that I've looked, but I remember my husband saying something to that effect). The car supposedly has self-sealing/run flat tires. I'm sure we'll test that out one day, just hopefully not when I've got a car full of kids (a few that aren't even mine) on a short road trip!

They better do something magical...they cost a small fortune when we had to replace them!
If you're over this way and breakdown feel free to drive to my place, I'll see what I can do.

Pretty sure you have a spare tire. If memory serves me correct for what you drive it's probably underneath. There is a difference between self-sealing and run flats.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
If you're over this way and breakdown feel free to drive to my place, I'll see what I can do.

Pretty sure you have a spare tire. If memory serves me correct for what you drive it's probably underneath. There is a difference between self-sealing and run flats.
I know my van had a full-size spare underneath and his truck had one underneath too. I'll have to go look and see. I have no idea what kind of tires he got. I guess I should know these things, just in case.

You sure about that offer...I'd take you up on it. Sending you an e-mail saying SOS! SOS! lol
Of course I'd repay you for your service

We were in Roanoke Rapids today. Heading back there tomorrow, and Saturday. If I didn't have other kids to drive I'd just stay over, but I'm not shacking up with someone else's 13yr old boys. It rained the whole way home, 95 was down to 1 lane for a few miles. Fun times!

Edit...I just went out and looked. There is a full-size underneath the back. I guess I better keep on with those dumbells to even have a chance at lifting the damn thing! lol

Old 07-11-2013, 06:28 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I drove to the office early this morning and it was raining. I also had the air conditioner on. I've never in my life remember it being hot and rainy here in So Cal. I was rather strange...it never rains here unless it's cold......

I just went for a brisk walk and I'm sweating like a pig...

I HATE THIS DAMN HUMIDITY!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I drove to the office early this morning and it was raining. I also had the air conditioner on. I've never in my life remember it being hot and rainy here in So Cal. I was rather strange...it never rains here unless it's cold......

I just went for a brisk walk and I'm sweating like a pig...

I HATE THIS DAMN HUMIDITY!!!
You mean the dew point? Just kidding!

I went for a run last night. The air was so saturated that I was soaked when I got home. My hair was wet just from the moisture in the air. Crazy!

That shower felt sooooooooooooooo good though! I love sweating like a pig and then showering off. It makes me feel so squeaky clean!

Old 07-11-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
Well I used to have US Rider which would come out and change it. My lovely ex cancelled it without telling me..which I understand...but at least tell me. :/ I learned how to change a tire real quick.
You are a better woman than I am. I would have stood on the side of the road looking helpless (not exactly an act) and crossed my fingers that some nice person would stop...LOL

Old 07-11-2013, 06:49 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I know my van had a full-size spare underneath and his truck had one underneath too. I'll have to go look and see. I have no idea what kind of tires he got. I guess I should know these things, just in case.

You sure about that offer...I'd take you up on it. Sending you an e-mail saying SOS! SOS! lol
Of course I'd repay you for your service

We were in Roanoke Rapids today. Heading back there tomorrow, and Saturday. If I didn't have other kids to drive I'd just stay over, but I'm not shacking up with someone else's 13yr old boys. It rained the whole way home, 95 was down to 1 lane for a few miles. Fun times!

Edit...I just went out and looked. There is a full-size underneath the back. I guess I better keep on with those dumbells to even have a chance at lifting the damn thing! lol
Re-read the bolded sentence and give it some thought.
I've had a couple of vehicles witht the spare underneath, those things can be a pain in the ass to handle.
Self-sealing tires do what is implied; self sealing punctures up to a specific size.
Run flats are usually on sports type cars that lack room for a spare. These tires won't self-seal but are of super stiff design that will allow safe driving when flat. In other words the sidewall won't squash when the air escapes.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Re-read the bolded sentence and give it some thought.
I've had a couple of vehicles witht the spare underneath, those things can be a pain in the ass to handle.
Self-sealing tires do what is implied; self sealing punctures up to a specific size.
Run flats are usually on sports type cars that lack room for a spare. These tires won't self-seal but are of super stiff design that will allow safe driving when flat. In other words the sidewall won't squash when the air escapes.
Ohh, then I have a self-sealing tire. I know that's what it does.

So if I broke down in your neck of the woods I'm SOL huh? LOL
That's okay...I think my insurance company provides a service.
Either that or I'd just stand outside looking pathetic. I'm sure someone would stop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships