Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 10:07 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Sounds like you both are having a great time. Keep it up. Don't forget to sample the road kill.
Ummmm...I think I'll pass! However, we did see a dead elk on the side of the road...

Old 07-20-2013, 10:44 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Ummmm...I think I'll pass! However, we did see a dead elk on the side

of the road...
FWY, I meant cheer in your writing.

Old 07-20-2013, 10:57 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
FWY, I meant cheer in your writing.
Can't rep you!

LOL! How could I forget about those conversations?

We have done pretty well with picking restaurants. We haven't eaten at any place that we have at home. Of course, I've eaten too much. Gotta buckle down and get back on track with my eating when we get home.

We both miss the animals like crazy! We found out the beagles and the bird have been eating like pigs since we've been gone. Go figure.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:50 AM

52,202 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Um, I don't think so, I call myself a chocolate covered cutie, but black is fine by me.
LOL... chocolate covered cutie is awesome.. LOl.... I like it......

I love it... makes me wish I was black.. or chocolate covered..... LOL.......

Old 07-21-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL... chocolate covered cutie is awesome.. LOl.... I like it......

I love it... makes me wish I was black.. or chocolate covered..... LOL.......

Vanilla chocolate isn't bad either.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:32 PM

769 posts, read 976,609 times
Thankfully I am actually happier right now with the divorce finishing.

I was proud of myself for not crying in front of him. Granted my friend was like..are you going to give him a hug or anything. I told her nope because if I do that I will cry in front of him and I will not do that.

What is really funny is Thursday I went into my office after court. My one co-worker told me that evenign that I was the talk of the office..because I was 'sporting' a new mustang. Um it was a rental...I still am driving my old truck. I will cough up the cash for a new car but holding off for now.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsechick71 View Post
Thankfully I am actually happier right now with the divorce finishing.

I was proud of myself for not crying in front of him. Granted my friend was like..are you going to give him a hug or anything. I told her nope because if I do that I will cry in front of him and I will not do that.

What is really funny is Thursday I went into my office after court. My one co-worker told me that evenign that I was the talk of the office..because I was 'sporting' a new mustang. Um it was a rental...I still am driving my old truck. I will cough up the cash for a new car but holding off for now.
No matter how much we do or don't want it to be over, going through divorce isn't ever easy on those involve. Nice to read that you are feeling happier about things right now. Hope the transition continues to go well for you.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

I hadn't considered the weather, just figured it'd be hot and a little humid.
Your, uh, "friend" didn't mention it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Erm....... (again). It's where his wife is from and where they live. She's Black (is that very un-PC? or the correct term? It's how he describes her ) and he's white (and Welsh). I know his Welshness will be uncommon anyway . Would that be unusual in that region?
I really don't know, Baldrick. I still use the terms "black" and "white." I don't consider them offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
From what I remember, first word I learned to spell was.........MISSISSIPPI.......
Haha, that worked out well.

Quote:
Um, I don't think so, I call myself a chocolate covered cutie, but black is fine by me.
LOL!

Quote:
I made it back to SC in one piece. I am finally divorced and it is great. I feel this 500 lbs weight off my back. I behaved myself and didn't cry until that night. It wasn't the divorvcing himm since he made my skin crawl in so many negavtive ways but just getting divorced. Feel like a total failure and that I could turn into the crazy cat lady.
Saying congratulations sounds kind of funny, but you know what I mean. The fact that you feel like a weight is off your back only confirms it was the right decision. You'll be okay.

Quote:
We stayed at the dog B&B. I can't possibly recommend that place enough! It is fun and whimsical, and the owners are the nicest people you could ever meet. We spent a few hours talking to them and felt like we left with three new friends (they have a golden retriever). I definitely want to go back some day!
"Two paws up!"

Old 07-21-2013, 01:40 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
We have done pretty well with picking restaurants. We haven't eaten at any place that we have at home. Of course, I've eaten too much. Gotta buckle down and get back on track with my eating when we get home.
We took my mom out for Chinese food yesterday. One of our favorite restaurants, that's been there forever. We took a bunch of leftovers to her house, but they didn't stay left over.

Quote:
You're already a cliché, LOL.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:45 PM

769 posts, read 976,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
We took my mom out for Chinese food yesterday. One of our favorite restaurants, that's been there forever. We took a bunch of leftovers to her house, but they didn't stay left over.

You're already a cliché, LOL.
Yeah...I am a cliche' alright. I did love driving that mustang. However, if I got one..I would have WAY to many speeding tickets (lead foot).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships