Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 11:46 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,595,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
When you speak to her about it, you tell take her and show her your drawers. You show her facebook with you logged on. You show her email. You show her your browsing history. Then you tell her this is the only time you are going to humor her lack of trust. At such time as you prove yourself the slightest bit untrustworthy, that conversation can be re-had. Until then, SHE needs to learn how deal with HER jealousy.
Done all of that and then some, on more than one occasion. Its as if she knows that im honest and loyal, with nothing to hide, yet cant stop herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,419,237 times
It's not going to change. It's just a matter of how much will you tolerate?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,164,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
What do you mean, be fit?
Pass the fitness tests, if these are among them. Many women will do things, rather subconciously I think (it was subconscious for me anyway) to test their men. When you here about drama, jealous behavior and wives who take off after the poor dude Mod cut: Inappropriate language. for years, women have been testing and sometimes men failing. What they are asking you to tell them with YOUR behavior is are you good enough for me, or are you going to take this stupid bs from me. None of this is going through their conscious mind. But I really do think this is part of the determination of whether or not someone can be a good long term mate.

I don't describe it that well. The folks over at talkaboutmarriage.com will. That place is more about relationships than getting and getting rid of partners like here.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-03-2013 at 08:37 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Done all of that and then some, on more than one occasion. Its as if she knows that im honest and loyal, with nothing to hide, yet cant stop herself.
Then you stop her. Only you can decide how you are going to do this. The super secret, hey you are doing that again safe word. A joke and a blow off. Or a yah we aren't going there, and leave. But it is limit setting time. Limit setting does not mean there can be no relationship. It just means this is a non-negotiable, and I am not going to march on with a person whose insecurity throws accusations at me on a weekly basis.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:54 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,616,357 times
Quote:
Pass the fitness tests, if these are among them. Many women will do things, rather subconciously I think (it was subconscious for me anyway) to test their men. When you here about drama, jealous behavior and wives who take off after the poor dude Snip. for years, women have been testing and sometimes men failing. What they are asking you to tell them with YOUR behavior is are you good enough for me, or are you going to take this stupid bs from me. None of this is going through their conscious mind. But I really do think this is part of the determination of whether or not someone can be a good long term mate.

I don't describe it that well. The folks over at talkaboutmarriage.com will. That place is more about relationships than getting and getting rid of partners like here.
Uh, no. Not all women do that.
Some just know exactly what they want. There is no test. You either are a good match or you aren't.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-03-2013 at 08:38 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Pass the fitness tests, if these are among them. Many women will do things, rather subconciously I think (it was subconscious for me anyway) to test their men. When you here about drama, jealous behavior and wives who take off after the poor dude Snip. for years, women have been testing and sometimes men failing. What they are asking you to tell them with YOUR behavior is are you good enough for me, or are you going to take this stupid bs from me. None of this is going through their conscious mind. But I really do think this is part of the determination of whether or not someone can be a good long term mate.

ill check it out, thanks. Im pretty familiar with these tests, in fact i started a thread on CDR about it. Most female posters told me it was my imagination, and Snip., yet those who are observant enough and understand male/female dynamics know that these tests are pretty common and very real. I dont think thats what im dealing with,though.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-03-2013 at 08:45 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,951,935 times
Quote:
She's read some of my stuff, usually just rolls her eyes at me. Doubt that has anything to do with it though.
I don't mean to offend, but......

Many things are interesting here:
1. this guy is 37 I seriously thought this guy was around 25 from all his posts over the months.
2. The OP has been a man-wh*** for a long time. He consistently talks of 'tight game' and how to 'get women' doesn't he? Is it ANY surprise that a woman would he extremely cautious and having a hard time with this guy? You can' convince me that IRL this guy doesn't have a HUGE ego, and is probably very difficult to be in a relationship with. His ideals and constant talk sound like a frat boy that never left 'the game'.
2a. After being a single bachelor for how long, it is absolutely no surprise to me that this guy has relationship issues. And him being 37 means he is set in his ways, and he won't change. His relationship skills are probably much lower than healthy people his age. I've known many people like him. They are great playa-playas, but they have a hard time transitioning into relationships. They spent so much time being a bachelor, they struggle in relationships.
3. And dear god, OP, you let her see your posts on this forum? I would think any healthy woman dating you would get extremely nervous reading your posts.

Just saying, I am not surprised this woman has trust issues with you. I would be extremely surprised if most women you date didnt have trust issues with you. If everyone around you is wrong, and you are always right, at what point does the light bulb turn on to realize that perhaps YOU are the reason these woman have trust issues? and it is Not them....but you that has the problem. Perhaps it is the way you act, or the posts on this forum she read about you and all your 'tight game'.

Of course, my 2 cents aren't worth much, and people don't even use pennies these days.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
ill check it out, thanks. Im pretty familiar with these tests, in fact i started a thread on CDR about it. Most female posters told me it was my imagination, and mods nuked it pretty quickly, yet those who are observant enough and understand male/female dynamics know that these tests are pretty common and very real. I dont think thats what im dealing with,though.
Well whom among us wants to hear that that is the subconscious way our minds have been working? Trust me when I tell you that I was not a fan. And really, there are plenty of ways men tend to be doofuses too. We are all humans. We all do it.

Whether it is a fitness test or not, it sounds like you don't want to be living with it. You like the woman, and want to be with her. Tolerating it won't buy you anything but a period of time until you can't tolerate it anymore. So setting limits ... it's time.

Good luck!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:15 PM

Quote:
ask a guy who just approached, to watch her coat, while she goes to the ladies room

act like a cold ***** for no apparent reason

ask a man to change in million ways, only to realize once he changes, that she really wanted a man who isnt willing to change

the list goes on and on and on...trust me. i can see a **** test coming, before a hotties pretty head even entertains the idea
Well that is not what I mean. At least not the coat example. I am talking about WITHIN a relationship. So maybe ask a man to change is closer.

Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-03-2013 at 08:50 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
I don't mean to offend, but......

Many things are interesting here:
1. this guy is 37 I seriously thought this guy was around 25 from all his posts over the months.
2. The OP has been a man-wh*** for a long time. He consistently talks of 'tight game' and how to 'get women' doesn't he? Is it ANY surprise that a woman would he extremely cautious and having a hard time with this guy? You can' convince me that IRL this guy doesn't have a HUGE ego, and is probably very difficult to be in a relationship with. His ideals and constant talk sound like a frat boy that never left 'the game'.
2a. After being a single bachelor for how long, it is absolutely no surprise to me that this guy has relationship issues. And him being 37 means he is set in his ways, and he won't change. His relationship skills are probably much lower than healthy people his age. I've known many people like him. They are great playa-playas, but they have a hard time transitioning into relationships. They spent so much time being a bachelor, they struggle in relationships.
3. And dear god, OP, you let her see your posts on this forum? I would think any healthy woman dating you would get extremely nervous reading your posts.

Just saying, I am not surprised this woman has trust issues with you. I would be extremely surprised if most women you date didnt have trust issues with you. If everyone around you is wrong, and you are always right, at what point does the light bulb turn on to realize that perhaps YOU are the reason these woman have trust issues? and it is Not them....but you that has the problem. Perhaps it is the way you act, or the posts on this forum she read about you and all your 'tight game'.

Of course, my 2 cents aren't worth much, and people don't even use pennies these days.
Thanks for your input. Transitioning from being a single guy who is dating several women to being in a commited LTR is not an easy thing. I recognized it early, talked about it and have put forth a great amount of effort to make it happen. I am not going to apologize for having success with women, nor do I have any regrets. In fact, my experience has helped more than one CDR poster in their dating life, and that feels pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships