Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I've seen it quite a few times. People will say to unsuccessful men and women that the reason they're not successful is because of being a bad person but I've never seen that play out in real life. Some of the meanest and worst people I've known have bad great success attracting the opposite sex and some of nicest people I've known have no one(both men and women) I mean look at the criminals(who get so many letter in jail) and politicians who are all married and in happy relationships.

So why do people keep spreading this myth? How good or bad of a person you are has no bearing on the success you have in relationships.
Just because criminals got love letters, doesn't mean they have great relationships.
Just because somebody are professional politicians, doesn't mean they have flawed moral ideology.

I, on the other hand, have never known a bad person (cheating, lying, stealing, backstabbing) in real life had the capability to develop life-affirming relationships. ANYBODY (and I don't care if I am generalizing) find themselves attracted to bad people need immediate psychological evaluation. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
I've seen it quite a few times. People will say to unsuccessful men and women that the reason they're not successful is because of being a bad person but I've never seen that play out in real life. Some of the meanest and worst people I've known have bad great success attracting the opposite sex and some of nicest people I've known have no one(both men and women) I mean look at the criminals(who get so many letter in jail) and politicians who are all married and in happy relationships.

So why do people keep spreading this myth? How good or bad of a person you are has no bearing on the success you have in relationships.
"politicians who are all married and in happy relationships"
Good point. I read the majority of Presidents were Adulterers. Sounds like a strong correlation between Success and Immorality.

Mao, Hitler, Stalin were some of the most Imoral people in the world and they gravitated to the top and most likely had their choice in mates

Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Good point. I read the majority of Presidents were Adulterers. Sounds like a strong correlation between Success and Immorality.

Mao, Hitler, Stalin were some of the most Imoral people in the world and they gravitated to the top and most likely had their choice in mates
Don't we all miss Ronald Reagan?

Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM

29,744 posts, read 34,383,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

Can you really say that their relationships were happy, though? If one spouse has to accept that the other will be unfaithful in return for whatever status they have, is that really a marriage of equals?

Old 07-05-2013, 11:26 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
It doesn't with me.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:32 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
I think it has some influence. But not that much. People are attracted to good looking people. Many want what they can't have or "like a challenge." People who are not always the best in the character department but make up for it with looks or charm have a lot of success. Cool helps too. You can't be the good looking, successful guy and be a douchebag. Or at least an obvious one. lol. The smart ones learn how to hide it. And the smart women (and men) learn how to figure out exactly who they're dealing with before getting too involved. I am learning. Young people's priorities can be all messed up and there are so many good looking young people that just adds to the confusion.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:26 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I do!! He was super romantic towards Nancy. Just read his letters to her, they will make you melt.

(and he never cheated)

Old 07-05-2013, 02:27 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Nice girls finish last, for damn sure.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I do!! He was super romantic towards Nancy. Just read his letters to her, they will make you melt.

(and he never cheated)

Old 07-05-2013, 02:58 PM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I read that somewhere too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Can you really say that their relationships were happy, though? If one spouse has to accept that the other will be unfaithful in return for whatever status they have, is that really a marriage of equals?
I kind of ignored that part making the assumption that they probably got along as well as the typical couple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships