Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 03:24 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

you are ready to exchange numbers?

i think I let this woman play me like a fool the other night. I chatted with her on the site for about 40 mins and then I suggested we transition to the phone. But it appears she was just bored and like a idiot i didn't pick up on it and wasted my time. Especially since she didn't offer her number when I gave mine.

So basically she made a fool out of me and want to ask the ladies on here how many messages do you like to exchange before offering your number?

This was on Wednesday Night and still have yet to get a text or call from her. I definitely don't want this to happen again the rest of the summer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 03:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
She might still give it.

I think I talked to some a month or more before I gave my #.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
She might still give it.

I think I talked to some a month or more before I gave my #.

I was thinking we would talk briefly that night since we spent so much time chatting online. Plus it was the night before the holiday so I wanted to kind of talk briefly and then maybe talk again sunday or monday.

So if I see her online you know what's going to happen LOL

Old 07-06-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I was thinking we would talk briefly that night since we spent so much time chatting online. Plus it was the night before the holiday so I wanted to kind of talk briefly and then maybe talk again sunday or monday.

So if I see her online you know what's going to happen LOL
You are going to pounce her? Lol

Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
But it appears she was just bored...
I doubt she was just bored. People on dating sites are usually looking for and sizing up dates.

Talking is a step in the human mating dance though. It must be done. It won't always yield the results you want though but it must be done.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You are going to pounce her? Lol

Fetish Proposition lol

Old 07-06-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I doubt she was just bored. People on dating sites are usually looking for and sizing up dates.

Talking is a step in the human mating dance though. It must be done. It won't always yield the results you want though but it must be done.

I just can't understand why someone would exchange 25 messages and not want to hear my voice.

Then when I suggested talking on the phone she made this weird statement

"Are you trying to make sure i am not a man?"

seems like most women are not expecting a guy to want to chat on the phone

Old 07-06-2013, 04:20 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,370,438 times
I generally don't do a phone call before meeting a new person, so it's rare that I provide that info. (my #).
We msg. & may switch to email, then-if things continue to go well, that is-set up a meeting day/time (public place).

Old 07-06-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
I just can't understand why someone would exchange 25 messages and not want to hear my voice.

Then when I suggested talking on the phone she made this weird statement

"Are you trying to make sure i am not a man?"

seems like most women are not expecting a guy to want to chat on the phone
Ahahahaha........well......she's right.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:25 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Two to three messages before a meeting is set up. I have no qualms about getting together with someone immediately. It gets me out of the house and I am not one of those people who feels awkward about having coffee or drinks with a stranger. I am always up to make new friends and have an interesting social exchange even if there is no spark. What do I have to lose?

By the way, I don't consider these interactions "dates" but more like networking. You never know when someone might be able to improve your life socially, professionally, etc. Widen the circle, is my motto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships