Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'll add that while she looks like a "bitchface", she looks like she'd like to kick your ass too..... .that's what I think of every time I see Megan Fox, specially when she's not smiling.... Poor girl..... it's probably just the way her face looks.....
Wow, that's mind blowing. I don't even see that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 11:18 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
You need to get a feel for being at the right place at the right time. I have noticed that my perpetually single friends are unable to distinguish between situations where they have no chance at all and when women are throwing themselves at them. The latter situation may only happen rarely, so you need to jump on it when you can.

The other key is to do new things. If you get into a routine and that routine does not result in meeting women, doing the same thing over and over again will lead to the same results. A big key is getting out of the house and into public places. I used to meet women all the time walking my dogs, and even when I was married and wearing a ring I would have women at the park chat me up and occasionally ask me out. I am not a great looking guy or anything, I am just friendly and able to hold a conversation. I don't see why anyone couldn't meet people this way.
Dog parks seem to work remarkably well for meeting the opposite sex.

Proof yet again that women will approach and do the asking-out when they see someone they're interested in.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-08-2013 at 11:35 AM..

Old 07-08-2013, 11:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemistry_Guy View Post
You need to get a feel for being at the right place at the right time. I have noticed that my perpetually single friends are unable to distinguish between situations where they have no chance at all and when women are throwing themselves at them. The latter situation may only happen rarely, so you need to jump on it when you can.

The other key is to do new things. If you get into a routine and that routine does not result in meeting women, doing the same thing over and over again will lead to the same results. A big key is getting out of the house and into public places. I used to meet women all the time walking my dogs, and even when I was married and wearing a ring I would have women at the park chat me up and occasionally ask me out. I am not a great looking guy or anything, I am just friendly and able to hold a conversation. I don't see why anyone couldn't meet people this way.
All of this is true!!!

Old 07-08-2013, 11:40 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
OMG, I want to kill you for posting that!

Normal guys know enough not to 'approach' a woman unless she gives him the clear signal to do so, first.

Socially-challenged guys force women to put on the scary face. We don't like it, but we have to in order to get anything done.

The idea that there are going to be guys put there who think even THAT is not enough, and who require even more severe measures -- all so I can get my groceries in peace -- really sucks b*lls. What am I supposed to do, open-carry a 45?

You can

Not make eye contact with strange men

Don't say hello with a smile if you are approached

Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM

13,643 posts, read 9,698,765 times
Lovely term - "bitchface". I wear an almost perpetual male version of bitchface, and absolutely hate smiling. To me, Bitchface bespeaks seriousness and having things to do. Adult men wear bitchface. Children and imbeciles smile. Unfortunately, in modern American society, such a visage is interpreted as conveying, "I'm a conceited jerk; even if I have plenty to offer in principle, in practice my aims are purely self-centered."

Old 07-08-2013, 12:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
You can

Not make eye contact with strange men

Don't say hello with a smile if you are approached
Like I said, that works with guys who have normal social skills. Unfortunately, there is a huge sector of the population who do not.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:06 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Lovely term - "bitchface". I wear an almost perpetual male version of bitchface, and absolutely hate smiling. To me, Bitchface bespeaks seriousness and having things to do. Adult men wear bitchface. Children and imbeciles smile. Unfortunately, in modern American society, such a visage is interpreted as conveying, "I'm a conceited jerk; even if I have plenty to offer in principle, in practice my aims are purely self-centered."
IME, that's midwestern-culture thing. In the places I have mostly lived, it's viewed as a sign of emotional issues -- depression, repressed anger, stuff like that.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Lovely term - "bitchface". I wear an almost perpetual male version of bitchface, and absolutely hate smiling. To me, Bitchface bespeaks seriousness and having things to do. Adult men wear bitchface. Children and imbeciles smile. Unfortunately, in modern American society,
Culture clash alert! Poster is originally from Russia. It's funny; I had some friends visiting from Russia, and they were constantly complaining about all the smiling faces they saw around them here. It made me realize how in the US, we use smiles as a way to communicate any number of things. A smile can mean anything from "Welcome to my restaurant, make yourself at home" (on the part of the owner/manager), to "I'm sorry I almost ran into you with (grocery cart, bicycle, stroller, etc.)". Some people smile just because they're having a good day and are enjoying the weather and a day off from work.

But there's also cultural conditioning: women in our culture are constantly told to smile because it makes them more attractive.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Like I said, that works with guys who have normal social skills. Unfortunately, there is a huge sector of the population who do not.

Well if you are that attractive then it's really nothing you can do

Old 07-08-2013, 12:43 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,789,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Dog parks seem to work remarkably well for meeting the opposite sex.

Proof yet again that women will approach and do the asking-out when they see someone they're interested in.
My mind is made up. I'm getting a dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships