Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 11:15 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,979,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Only by ones I have given inviting looks to. Why do you ask?

I'd never thought about, but you're right -- it seems to be an entirely gendered phenomenon.

well you just have to accept that you have to deal with that type of attention since you are a attractive women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 11:42 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
When I go out somewhere, I rarely see men randomly approaching women. When I do see approaches, I see terrible rejections about 95% of the time, yet you still see couples left and right. I think I've seen very very very few men approach and be successful in my lifetime

So how do most men date? Do they all rely on meeting women through their social circle/work? What about the men who can't seem to find anybody in their social circle, what do they do?
In most of the times, you must be in a right place in a right time.

Old 07-08-2013, 11:45 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,669,325 times
Real men date hard, real men date fast, real men get sex more often than they get money. real men have been sucking up to women since the very beginning, we were hustling in class while all the rest passed, real men understood the game in grade school, real men look around and see nothing but opportunity, real men dare women to tell them no, real mean told that girl in hs that she'd live to regret it. let me ask you now, where you at? and where am i? on top of the world......

that's right, out of sight, when your girl coming in, i'm going out. real men been macking on your girl for years and neither you nor her know much about it. real men get it.

let's take a quick survey? how many got laid today?

and if not? why not? big world out there.

and i'm about to hit again...only after talking to other women. i don't hit unless unless the girl i'm supposed to be with wants me to.

how's this for a pick up line? 'listen, i'm tryna hit tonight....i have guaranteed stuff in the back, but you're hot enough to make me forsake all that. are you down? let's go. if not, next!"

hmm...?

Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,200,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
You may be a homosexual.
What's with the personal attack?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,712,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
Say what now?
Well, you're a man, and you said you just wanted someone who was as similar to you as possible.

That's a latent homosexual desire if I've ever seen it.

It could also be a hidden desire for an incestuous relationship with your genetic kin, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't want to have sex with your family members.

Quote:
My good looking, athletic friends with a big social circle are losers?

News to me
Could be losers.

In the English language could has a different meaning than is.

And yes, your good looking, athletic friends with a big social circle could be losers. Or you could simply lack the frame of reference from which to judge these qualities.

Quote:
I dont buy it. I've had a lot of very good looking friends in my lifetime and not one of them ever told me they get approached (outside of your overweight girl at a bar but that doesn't count)
We haven't yet established your aptitude in identifying what women find good-looking in men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
What's with the personal attack?
So you consider the potentiality of homosexuality to be an insult?

Would it be less-insulting to suggest he lacked the potential to be homosexual, e.g., he had no sex organs with which to fornicate?

Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 AM

752 posts, read 1,163,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Well, you're a man, and you said you just wanted someone who was as similar to you as possible.

That's a latent homosexual desire if I've ever seen it.

It could also be a hidden desire for an incestuous relationship with your genetic kin, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't want to have sex with your family members.
Women in entire my life that was really interested in me, not one that I interested in them, look exactly like my mother. Very athletic, with broad shoulder and small hips, straight back. It is not exactly what we man, including myself, want, we look more for 8 figure. I know for sure 2 of such kind (first one athletic type) that interest in me, and said it in this year.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:37 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I am not sure C-D women are THAT crazy.
I'm hungry right now and my laptop is looking mighty tasty. Mmm Mmm Mmm.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:17 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
Real men date hard, real men date fast, real men get sex more often than they get money. real men have been sucking up to women since the very beginning, we were hustling in class while all the rest passed, real men understood the game in grade school, real men look around and see nothing but opportunity, real men dare women to tell them no, real mean told that girl in hs that she'd live to regret it. let me ask you now, where you at? and where am i? on top of the world......

that's right, out of sight, when your girl coming in, i'm going out. real men been macking on your girl for years and neither you nor her know much about it. real men get it.

let's take a quick survey? how many got laid today?

and if not? why not? big world out there.

and i'm about to hit again...only after talking to other women. i don't hit unless unless the girl i'm supposed to be with wants me to.

how's this for a pick up line? 'listen, i'm tryna hit tonight....i have guaranteed stuff in the back, but you're hot enough to make me forsake all that. are you down? let's go. if not, next!"

hmm...?
You through patting yourself on the back Mr. Real man? You wouldn't know a real man from Adam. The women you are successful with must be really simple to fall for your "real man" bs.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 PM

752 posts, read 1,163,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Once you make the sales pitch, so to speak, and present yourself, you have to close the deal by asking if you could see her sometime, or asking for her number, or offering to buy her a coffee.
Some of women at this forum make comments in range of Sigmund Freud. I agree with administrator who allow women to offend man but ban man right away if say anything against women.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:35 PM

803 posts, read 1,666,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is one of the biggest misconceptions preventing men and women from getting together. A lot of good-looking women don't have anyone approaching them, because (as we saw on a very recent thread on this topic) men tend to assume the good-looking ones are already taken, or they feel the women are "out of their league". Meanwhile, the women are wondering why guys never talk to them. You get women's attention by being interesting and/or funny. You get their attention by saying "hello" (or equivalent). It doesn't take much.

Another mistake men make is to not follow through on the signals a woman gives them when the guy does manage to start a convo. She may be smiling, making eye contact, and participating enthusiastically in the conversation, but some guys are so discouraged about the process in general, or are so lacking in confidence, they miss the signals and walk away. Once you make the sales pitch, so to speak, and present yourself, you have to close the deal by asking if you could see her sometime, or asking for her number, or offering to buy her a coffee.

I used to be bad about this, and perhaps still am to some extent.

Or sometimes, we get bad signals and assume something else. Story time:

I live in a large condo/apt complex and see this one girl regularly, usually in the parking lot at the crack of dawn, though a few times in the elevator as well. I find her attractive, and I sense she likely does as well (our eyes have met a few times from a distance, among other things). Thing is though, I always got negative vibes from her but I never really thought much of it until very recently... even with sparse, light interaction she just seemed really down/unhappy/lonely and uninterested at times... not in the "stay away from me you creep" way... so I kept interaction light. Like, one time I stepped off the elevator, said "have a good day" as I normally do with anyone here and she said "bye" with a rather depressing/lonely tone and facial expression.

Well a week ago, I was laying out at the pool, and as I walked over to the water fountain before jumping in again to cool off, I saw her there in the patio/grill area with her new boyfriend. A few days ago on my way to work, I stepped on the elevator and she was seemingly different... seemed more happy with proper posture and talkative... maybe because she's taken now. I'm not inclined to interfere since she's taken and I respect that, but now I'm kicking myself for thinking she was uninterested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships