Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:59 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think it's because I rarely get male attention and was basically told that 'beggers can't be choosers' that I tended to go for any guy that showed me even a little bit of attention. I guess I was starved for attention for a long time because most of my friends were getting married or hopping from relationship to relationship while I couldn't even get a date.
Yeah, that's exactly the kind of person scumsuckers look for and target .

Quote:
I'm a bit older now and far more comfortable with myself so I'm no longer like that.
I'm glad ))).

Quote:
I like giving people chances...and that usually backfires.
Yeah...me, I'm getting tired of the chances thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Yeah, that's exactly the kind of person scumsuckers look for and target .

I'm glad ))).

Yeah...me, I'm getting tired of the chances thing.

I've stopped with the chance stuff... if someone irritates me or does something that irks me, I'm over it immediately. I don't have room in my life for 'energy vampires' or mean people. I *may* have met someone but I'm keeping it fairly mum because I'm not sure it's going to go anywhere. So...we'll see.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:03 PM

Fingers crossed for you, that he is as awesome as he should be and appreciates you throughly .

Old 07-08-2013, 06:07 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Eye-roll.

I was out to dinner last night and this couple was at the table next to mine. Everything the girl ordered off the menu, the guy had something to say about it. He criticized everything she picked, and even rolled his eyes at the waitress while the girl was ordering, as if to say "Can you believe she's ordering that?" He was really trying to make the girl feel and look like an idiot. I mean, what a jerk! It looked like they were on a date....maybe he was really nervous and insecure and trying to puff himself up? The whole thing made me sick.
They have names for guys like that.

They are called d*ckheads.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Fingers crossed for you, that he is as awesome as he should be and appreciates you throughly .
I won't really know until next week...he has some school stuff to finish up, but his final is later this week and after that his schedule will open up since he'll officially be a graduate. I have a weird feeling he'll disappear because that's what my track record is thus far, but I've still got my fingers crossed. We met through a dating site and he hasn't logged in since we met so I think that may be a good sign

Old 07-08-2013, 06:10 PM

706 posts, read 1,204,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stava View Post
Eye-roll.

I was out to dinner last night and this couple was at the table next to mine. Everything the girl ordered off the menu, the guy had something to say about it. He criticized everything she picked, and even rolled his eyes at the waitress while the girl was ordering, as if to say "Can you believe she's ordering that?" He was really trying to make the girl feel and look like an idiot. I mean, what a jerk! It looked like they were on a date....maybe he was really nervous and insecure and trying to puff himself up? The whole thing made me sick.
Her problem, not yours. Be glad it's not you. People like that tend to be real jerks. I know believe me!!

Old 07-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I won't really know until next week...he has some school stuff to finish up, but his final is later this week and after that his schedule will open up since he'll officially be a graduate. I have a weird feeling he'll disappear because that's what my track record is thus far, but I've still got my fingers crossed. We met through a dating site and he hasn't logged in since we met so I think that may be a good sign
It may be )).

Old 07-08-2013, 07:17 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Sounds like a real idiot. Why not let the date/wife/Girlfriend enjoy her food? Life can be stressful and complicated enough as it is without this behavior.
Exactly what I was thinking. Why turn what could otherwise be a nice evening into a drama-fest? He seemed like he was desperate for some sort of power over her. Like he wanted to dominate the interaction no matter what.

Old 07-08-2013, 07:19 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,844,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Even if she was overweight that was no reason to be so insensitive to her feelings that he (or anyone) embarrassed her in front of others. Especially in an establishment were other couples are likely together in some lesser or greater romantic context out for a meal together.

From the context the OP put things in it sounded (if her depiction is accurate) like the guy had the upper hand. That he had the more dominate of the two personalities. If so, it could be possible the woman questions herself and has not felt that good or confident about herself for sometime. She would be feeling worse about herself after that dinner.

What would be more sad--or angering--is if she had been looking forward to that evening. You can beat people up in other ways besides hitting them. The invisible wounds can be the deepest and most scarring.

I don't care if she was a prostitute or a homeless prostitute. He could have given her that dinner and her place among others in that restaurant that evening.
She was not overweight in any way. The guy was just an arrogant d*ck. She seemed perfectly pleasant and normal. He came across as full of himself, which is always a cover for major insecurity.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:06 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
My gf that lives with me just made fun of me for drinking a huge glass of milk. I dont think I'm fat. From what I've learned in this thread she is a bi*ch and now I need to dump her :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships