Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 12:52 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Have you tried contacting him? Also, when the date ended and you offered the hug, did you make it clear that you wanted to see him again, too?
Answer the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 03:40 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,282,640 times
Default What went wrong?

You rejected his kiss (which is your right) and after going home and thinking about it that was a sign to him that you weren't really interested.

If the date went that well I don't see the harm in a kiss. That would have likely meant interest on your part and a second date.
But again, that is not owed by any means.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:49 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He probably thought you were a prude and moved on.

Unfortunately, this is how a lot of men operate these days...they want some sort of physical action very early on or they just move on.
Agree 100%; he assumes dating the OP is be a very slow and painful courting experience. To the OP and others, if you like the guy you cause more harm than good when you "withhold" a non-tongue kiss on the lips. It's not like you're inviting him to your house to fool around.

As for texting him beforehand to tell him you don't kiss on the first date, you risk him cancelling the date. Or he'll take it as a challenge.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
He probably thought you were a prude and moved on.

Unfortunately, this is how a lot of men operate these days...they want some sort of physical action very early on or they just move on.

I wouldn't contact him, if he digs you he'll contact you. If you do the contacting you run the risk of being turned into a booty call.
LOL. No, it's called mutual admiration or attraction to one another. Not just "physical action" for the man.

You make it sould like the guy wanted her against the car so he could hump her. We are talking about a goodnight kiss here which is pretty harmless and fairly routine on very successful first dates.

I do agree that he probably thought she was a bit of a prude.

Last edited by John13; 07-10-2013 at 04:06 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
Agree 100%; he assumes dating the OP is be a very slow and painful courting experience. To the OP and others, if you like the guy you cause more harm than good when you "withhold" a non-tongue kiss on the lips. It's not like you're inviting him to your house to fool around.

As for texting him beforehand to tell him you don't kiss on the first date, you risk him cancelling the date. Or he'll take it as a challenge.
Good post.

Bolded: If anyone sent something like that to me I back out of the date. It comes off as snobby.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:32 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,470,434 times
Not even a kiss? That's very conservative for these times when many people are having sex by the second or third date. If you hadn't already indicated your views to him, he may have taken it as a rejection or change of heart. Hard to blame him.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
He probably got embarrassed and felt awkward. A goodbye kiss does not mean he plans on getting laid that night.

For me, it would in some ways feel a little awkward to be around that person again. Maybe you should contact him to let him know that you are alright and are still interested? He probably got the vibe that you weren't that interested in him from that which is pretty reasonable.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
If the date went that well I don't see the harm in a kiss. That would have likely meant interest on your part and a second date.
But again, that is not owed by any means.
A kiss is not a token, like an after-dinner mint. A kiss is an intimate act. Not really appropriate for someone who was a stranger just hours before. I really don't get this sense of entitlement some men have about this sort of thing. A peck on the cheek, maybe. But a mouth-to-mouth kiss? That's in a very different category.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
A kiss is not a token, like an after-dinner mint. A kiss is an intimate act. Not really appropriate for someone who was a stranger just hours before. I really don't get this sense of entitlement some men have about this sort of thing. A peck on the cheek, maybe. But a mouth-to-mouth kiss? That's in a very different category.
A kiss is a token to share an intimate act together IF the date went well. Otherwise it isn't a date, just an outing with a friend.

With that being said, I don't do dinner dates nor do I wait to the end to kiss.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:18 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
It's not an outing with a friend if you were strangers before the date. The first date is to get to know the person enough to at least determine if a 2nd date is in the cards. That's all it is. The guy isn't automatically entitled to some reward just for having gone on the date, and the woman is under no obligation to provide a reward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships