Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 08:38 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What is it that she wants him to hear?
That would depend on the couple. Maybe that she's not happy. Maybe she needs him to step up with the kids and the housework. Maybe she'd like to go to counseling. If he waves her concerns away or dismisses them as nagging, then he shouldn't be blindsided when she comes in with divorce papers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 08:47 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
You success with women is a direct reflection of how good you look (so long as your not a total douche bag and have some good personality traits), what people tell you is irrelevant. If a woman you desire is willing to get naked with you then that answers your question, if you have to keep lowering standards or jump through a bunch of hoops to get a woman to want to be naked with you then that also answers your question.

I guarantee the bleach blond life guard is not hoop jumping to get hot women to want to be naked with him (again as long as he is not a total douche bag).

That is the only factor that matters unless your using your looks to make money modeling.
I agree..my good looking friend has women throwing thmeselves at him..Even ones who call him arrogant or full of himself are so attracted ot him physically that they dont care..Meanwhile im told what a great guy iam and blah blah blah but it never goes anywhere because therye not physically attracted to me.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That would depend on the couple. Maybe that she's not happy. Maybe she needs him to step up with the kids and the housework. Maybe she'd like to go to counseling. If he waves her concerns away or dismisses them as nagging, then he shouldn't be blindsided when she comes in with divorce papers.
I am someone whose wife continues to want to break up. I am the one who asked for counseling, and have been the primary caretaker for the kids. What I am saying is that there are women who just will not be happy or satisfied no matter what a man does, and that there are enablers of this attitude throughout our society.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Unattractive women get called beautiful, sexy, etc. all the time. Most of their friends are calling them gorgeous every time they go out. Even on facebook, average to below average looking women can get 10 likes, 20 comments on every picture of theirs. There is nobody calling average or ugly looking guys sexy.
1. You post a comment on one of your male friends' photos saying, "You look great!" or "Smokin'!" the way women post on each other's photos and come back and tell us the kind of reaction you get. Hint: Said reaction is not women's fault, but men's.

2. When women post comments like "you look great!" on men's photos, men often take it to mean more than it is.

3. Regardless, you must have missed MySpace six or seven years ago. Plenty of average-looking men getting comments on their photos from women.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:23 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
I think men are pretty self aware of their looks..if they approach attractive women even if they arent so thmesvles its probably because they were told looks arent that important to women and confidence and personality can make an average or unattractive guy attractive to alot of women which we all know is complete garbage..

Old 07-12-2013, 09:40 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Just because a white guy has accumulated wealth and power does not mean he is getting laid by dating up (unless its a gold digger). I have accumulated alot of wealth and power considering my age and how far down I started off and I still had to lower my standards quite a bit, if your not the hot surfer life guard then its just what you do.
Right. You had to lower your standards quite a bit. That means you had high standards to begin with. My point is that those high standards were most likely put into your head as an expectation without you even being aware of it. You are white and wealthy and just expected that you'd have a hot woman. That's how status quo works: Those born into the favored group aren't even aware of it. It just is, and they aren't aware of their position until those not born into the favored group create some social upheaval, which is what the late 60s was all about.

This isn't to say that women don't have flawed thinking based on what they're told, either. If you're told your worth is wrapped up in your looks, then you might end up taking the attitude like, "I'm pretty. Where's my Prince Charming?"

There are some rather glaring examples of this right here on this message board, if you've ever read anything by women who claim to be former models and who complain that overweight men and other "undesirables" contact them on dating sites. How dare someone not as attractive as they are contact them! How insulting! The nerve!

It boils down to both groups assuming that if they have certain surface-level characteristics, all they have to do is show up. Eventually one of three things happens: They realize it takes more than that and work on becoming the whole package (with something stellar to offer by way of heart and soul), they lower their standards, or they end up alone.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:43 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Right. You had to lower your standards quite a bit. That means you had high standards to begin with. My point is that those high standards were most likely put into your head as an expectation without you even being aware of it. You are white and wealthy and just expected that you'd have a hot woman. That's how status quo works: Those born into the favored group aren't even aware of it. It just is, and they aren't aware of their position until those not born into the favored group create some social upheaval, which is what the late 60s was all about.

This isn't to say that women don't have flawed thinking based on what they're told, either. If you're told your worth is wrapped up in your looks, then you might end up taking the attitude like, "I'm pretty. Where's my Prince Charming?"

There are some rather glaring examples of this right here on this message board, if you've ever read anything by women who claim to be former models and who complain that overweight men and other "undesirables" contact them on dating sites. How dare someone not as attractive as they are contact them! How insulting! The nerve!

It boils down to both groups assuming that if they have certain surface-level characteristics, all they have to do is show up. Eventually one of three things happens: They realize it takes more than that and work on becoming the whole package (with something stellar to offer by way of heart and soul), they lower their standards, or they end up alone.
Yep, and I feel like a fool that it took me 3 years from 18 to 21 to figure it out lol (was not really interested in women in HS), I guess a lot of guys loose a lot more time than that though. My first wife who I started dating when I was 22 was probably a 4 and 14 years older than me, my dad basically disowned me for that one, she left then my second wife was a 6 and 5 years younger but she started becoming heavily materialistic after she died her hair blond did hcg and at that point was probably a 7 she left and started cheating on me before the divorce was final. My gf now I took to my parents and their friends who all have money and nice homes and one of the friends of the family said "well she has a nice personality at least", at this point im not even slightly bothered by that. Then listenting to them talk about the friends kids and how they need to find themselves a nice Georgia peach and these other guys are not any better looking than me. So yea it took a lot of nerve for me to start dating 4s and 5s, there was a lot of social stigma I had to get past, but its either get past the social stigma, not get laid or have to constantly hire out.

Given the current climate of prostitution and the fact its illegal the cost to get what I got in my past 2 marriages would have cost more to hire out than the divorce settlements so I cant be too upset.

Being a white male still helps you get planes, nice cars and nice houses so its not a total loss. I think it pisses off gold diggers when they see me with my gf and my work badge where only moneyed up people work and I get a scowl from attractive women like its some how a mismatched relationship when in reality its not.

BTW the bolded is not as leveraging as you think it is, I went and got an engineering degree, and have many other credentials, carry myself well etc etc, it has not really changed where I was able to date.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:49 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I am someone whose wife continues to want to break up. I am the one who asked for counseling, and have been the primary caretaker for the kids. What I am saying is that there are women who just will not be happy or satisfied no matter what a man does, and that there are enablers of this attitude throughout our society.
Substitute "people" for the bolded above.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
(with something stellar to offer by way of heart and soul)
Quote:
BTW the bolded is not as leveraging as you think it is, I went and got an engineering degree, and have many other credentials, carry myself well etc etc, it has not really changed where I was able to date.
That's not what 'heart and soul' means.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
That's not what 'heart and soul' means.
I just don't think its as leveraging as you think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships