Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 06:35 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,699,189 times

Advertisements

The OP was active for only a few days and hasn't been on for nearly two weeks...Clearly their relationship is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 10:22 AM

63 posts, read 132,618 times
Just read the whole thread. Hope it wasn't a troll, it seemed genuine and an update would be appreciated by those who posted intelligently in this thread. I truly feel bad for the guy, in so many ways, and for her as well for making what was clearly a very bad mistake. Has anyone pm'd her?

Old 07-25-2013, 12:53 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I hate to say it, but even if what you said was an insensitive joke, he seems very immature that he cannot get past it. If he is willing to give up a lifetime commitment with the woman he loves because of this, there there wasn't much there holding it together. Worrying to such extent about the size of your unit is such a middle school thing. How will he handle life when he is 50 or 60 and all sorts of other embarrassing bodily things start to happen?

I think he is not going to make a good husband for you. I am sorry. He has a lot of growing up to do. It is time for you to stop apologizing and let him know that you are not impressed by the ugly, vain side of himself he is showing. Glad you saw it now rather than later.

Drop the issue completely and let him have his break.
I will be perfectly honest with you. I'm 29 years old and I'm still concerned about if I'm pleasing my partner or not. Sex isn't about me, and my needs, it's about US. Most people end up divorced due to finances or not being supported, emotionally or physically. Having poor emotional support will lead to be physically supported by another male or female. I've had the sex partner talk before with women in my life. As sad as it is to say, us guys really do care about how we stack up against other males you've been with. It's about competition and we don't want to be the guy that keeps coming in second or third place. I can sit here and say all day how childish it is, and I do believe it is childish, but it's something I'm not ready to drop from my mind anytime soon.

I believe all women know that even if the sex isn't the best, you aren't going to come out and say that it was in your top 10. You may save that for a close girlfriend or your sister, but not a group of friends or your partner. I'm the same way with women in my life as well. They may not be the best in my mind, but they are going to hear they are the best, because it is about more than just the sex. It's just that when you take something so defining for men, and then basically say it's smallish, it's quite deflating.

The thing women don't understand about penis size is the guy who knows he has a big penis is not asking how big it is. Men know that a 8"+ penis is on the large side and women are going to either enjoy it or feel the pain. In a males mind, this is a win win situation. If she likes big penises, then the size is what she's looking for. If the penis is painful to her, then he knows she likely hasn't had penises near his size before. You don't get off on the pain, but you get an ego boost that reassures that you have a big penis.

Take a man that knows he has a small penis. Trust me, men know by sight if their penis is small. How often do you hear women bragging about how a small penis pleasures them? Don't worry, I'll wait..... Not never! That's why when a guy has a small penis, he is naturally self conscious about it, because no one brags about how a small penis is rocking their world. Even female friends I know will talk about the biggest penis they ever had, and even though it wasn't that enjoyable, it was huge and the biggest penis they've ever had.

So, women, now you have some insight, even though you may not agree, of why the penis size subject is so sensitive to some men.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:01 PM

400 posts, read 849,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
How do you think she would feel if he said that she was the fattest GF he has ever had in front of her friends?
Well, she wouldn't feel as bad as him because
1) The fact that she was fat would hardly have been a secret
2) If she was actually fat it likely would be possible to lose at least some of the weight

Unlike with penis size where no one really knows and you pretty much cannot do anything about it. I can't actually think of anything that compares for women.

Even if this thread is a troll it's a good one because it still serves as an educational fable.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:28 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,016 times
You're getting some awful advice here, OP. You said something stupid and a little mean, but it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, and if your boyfriend wants to play the victim card with this, then he's not man enough to accept your imperfections (or evidently is own). He sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do if he can't laugh off a silly, drunken comment.

Frankly, he sounds like an immature d-ick who just wants to be offended. Time to be with a guy who isn't so sensitive or at least has the confidence to laugh about a comment like that.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:39 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
You're getting some awful advice here, OP. You said something stupid and a little mean, but it's not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, and if your boyfriend wants to play the victim card with this, then he's not man enough to accept your imperfections (or evidently is own). He sounds like he has a lot of growing up to do if he can't laugh off a silly, drunken comment.

Frankly, he sounds like an immature d-ick who just wants to be offended. Time to be with a guy who isn't so sensitive or at least has the confidence to laugh about a comment like that.
And here's another one who lacks empathy. I wonder how funny anyone you date will take it if you drunkenly blabbed about their sex organs to your friends.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:37 PM

320 posts, read 538,840 times
Quote:

Wow! So let me see if I got this straight... the OP drunkenly runs her mouth about how her boyfriend doesn't have much to work with in the sack; in front of a room full of party goers and he's the one that sounds like an immature ****?

I believe the person who has a lot of growing up to do is the OP. Again, when the topic of "male size" comes up and a group of giggling women all of the sudden want to know who's got the smallest package, it's not just because they're genuinely curious. It's because they want to be able to clown the guy. I don't care how much confidence a guy has; when all of the eyes in the room turn on you because you're that guy, your confidence is going to take a nose dive. Anyone who can laugh that off probably didn't have that much self-esteem to begin with or possibly even enjoys being humiliated. The bottom line is most guys would take offense to this... drunken "mistake" or not.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:50 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,016 times
If this guy is going to dump the OP because of a stupid comment, then it wasn't much of a relationship to begin with. Strong, loving, long-lasting and healthy relationships mean both parties are going to make mistakes and say and do the wrong things sometimes; that's part of life. We're not perfect. We screw up. We embarass ourselves and our loved ones. Sometimes there are clear deal-breakers such as abuse or cheating; evidently many of you think this is as bad. Clearly I do not.

The OP is apologetic and repentant and seeking forgiveness, yet he would rather wallow in self-pity and anger because she dared make a slight about his manhood. What a small person. What a p-ussy. Grow a pair and laugh it off. If you can't handle a drunken comment like that, what good are you in the real world and in ACTUAL stressful situations. I have little sympathy for this guy or anyone who embraces a "woh is me" mentality due to a drunken comment like that. If that's his deal breaker, then she's lucky he dumped her. Who would want to be with a person so thin-skinned. Wah, my drunk girlfriend made a dumb crack about my d-ick in front of our drunk friends. I think I'll dump her now and delete EVERYTHING we've planned for our future together. She did the most unforgiveable thinkg imaginable - SHE MOCKED MY GENITALIA!!

I can't imagine me or any of my male friends breaking up with a girl, especially one that we love, in a similar situation, and if we did then it would probably be because we're just looking for any excuse to get out of it. And maybe ellicit some self-pity points as well. That's all what happened here; he was just looking for an out while not being the bad guy. Congratulations to him.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:59 PM

4,625 posts, read 12,287,540 times
It would appear the OP has left the building. Last post was 7/13

Old 07-25-2013, 04:37 PM

107 posts, read 161,448 times
Quote:

Well a lot of guys want to be the one who fills up his girlfriend and bottoms out the most. You know, take her to where she's never been before. And if a guy can't do that then he's failed at life and can do nothing about it. Well maybe except jelq and pump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships