Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 PM

71 posts, read 30,741 times

Advertisements

Ex GF breaks up with me and comes back. I discover shes had 3 sexual partners including a 3-some..?

So my gf(27 years old) of 3.5 years had been pressuring me to propose to her for about 6 months. I delayed the whole process. Although I knew we were very compatible, in love and our relationship had been amazing. We had a strong bond with similar interests, dreams, goals, etc. We also allowed each other space and trusted each other. The pressure of engagement begin to take the enjoyment/pleasure out of the relationship. My gf kept focusing on the type of ring she wanted and gave little feedback when I attempted more serious convos of our lives together including where we'd live, career, finance, etc. And I was displeased that she was still working as cocktail server instead of a professional career in her field of business communications. I work myself as a medical clinic manager.
Anyhow, end of January this year, GF calls me after a frustrating night at work. She is venting about her night then moves on to "we've been together 3+ years and there's no commitment.." She eventually breaks up with me over the phone in what sounded like frustration from her night and frustration with the lack of "commitment", an engagement ring.
The conversation ends and I do not react right away. I let the night pass without contacting her. Then I let the next few days pass without talking to her and just responding briefly to her texts regarding her disappointment. I begin to analyze the situation and second guess marrying her under these conditions. There were times in our relationship where I really thought she was the one. Days after the break up call, I made a match.com account and begin talking to one girl. I know this was dumb. I should have been focusing on what was my gf but I was so sick of the months of pressure. I kind of felt relief that she "dumped me" while knowing that if I wanted, I could get her back. So two weeks pass and I finally begin to miss her and decide I do not want to lose her and that I will propose to her in the near future(months). I call her and ask for a chance, we meet at a restaurant and we end up fighting and she then tells me that she is going her own way and, I remember these words verbatim, "give up all hope that we will be back together again".
I am hurt but I do not try to pry back into the relationship. Instead I stupidly pursue the girl I'm talking to on match.com. Me and Match girl start dating and our relationship develops. I know 100% rebound for me. Now a total of 6 weeks pass and my ex text me on my Birthday, march 11th. We start chatting then she professes thatshe misses me! I still missed her so I go and see her. We end up having sex and I stay at her house. We decided to try and repair/rebuild our relationship. I was ready to dump my new fling from match.
So my ex(now gf again) stays at my house and we have sex and when she goes to bed, I snoop through her phone. I disgustingly discover that she had a fling with a guy that was here(in LA) on vaca tion. AND on another night, she went home with two bar patrons at her restaurant and had a 3-some with them! I read explicit texts of the sexual encounter. It happened 3 days before she contacted me on my birthday. What really bothered me is she continued dialogue with the men after the encounter when they text her vulgar questions/statements like Moderator cut: not PG13 omg. seriously..
Yeah, I'm still disgusted thinking of it.. So I asked my gf in the morning how she spent her time during the break up. She responded that she kept to herself and "stayed modest" Bull ****ing ****..So I confronted her and she admitted of the encounters...
I made her go home that day and she continued to push the relationship to work. Professing her love for me. Almost begging while being apologetic. True, we were not together at the time but the fact is that I tried to get back together with her before these encounters. Also the thought of marrying a woman that so degraded herself was a factor in my mind. Anyhow, I allowed her to try to "prove" herself to me. She was back at my house; cooking, cleaning, being affectionate, etc. And she even took me on a belated birthday trip to Palm Springs; paying for everything. Unfortunately, I never forgave her and I continued to see the girl I met on Match.com. We fought often during our period of "rebuilding" and on one occasion I lashed out and called her a ***** and went on detailing the texts I read. Eventually, gf breaks up with me a final time. She never found out about the other girl I was seeing but my time, love, attention and affection was being split with two women. smh. I am hurt now and confused as to where this all went wrong and when I could have done something different to make this work. Or were the errors mostly on her part? Because as I mentioned we both agreed we were deeply in love and compatible. Feed back please.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-11-2013 at 05:45 AM.. Reason: Do not bypass language filter and keep it PG13
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,794 times
Well, now you know how she reacts when she is disappointed or does not get her way.
Frankly, I would run like the wind.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:29 PM

640 posts, read 717,680 times
Uses sex as a weapon...check...

Old 07-10-2013, 09:30 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
To answer the question, let the relationship go. You two don't love each other.

Last edited by Keeper; 07-11-2013 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: If you have a problem with a post report it

Old 07-10-2013, 09:36 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
move on

Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
She acted like a jerk and so did you.

What kind of feedback are you looking for? You are both immature and don't know how to handle conflict.

And after 3 1/2yrs and no commitment? That should say something right there. What were you waiting for? Move on. You don't want to marry her and she'd be a fool to keep chasing you.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
I think both of you are the issue. No real dialogue going on. You didn't call her back afterwards and instead went on rebound and so did she. Both of you put dents in your relationship.

You two need to actually TALK. To EACH OTHER!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:39 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Eh, I'd take the time to heal, break up with the other girl if you haven't already, and move on with your life.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,427,075 times
Talking of fictitious threads.....

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
OP, you're getting all this worked up over a cocktail waitress who prefers that work over the business communications field she's qualified for? Does the fact that she prefers cocktail waitressing not tell you something?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships