Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 12:17 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,056 times

Advertisements

You have to take what you can get, my first wife was 14 years older. Its not the ideal life but what else are you going to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 12:30 AM

502 posts, read 717,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzmanLI View Post
Hi Everyone, I have been dating my girl friend for 7 months. Everything has been so perfect between us. We share the same interests, goals, values, and morals. We are both in college to become teachers. Anyway, she is 7 years older then me. I'm 20, she's 27. I have always acted older. Never had friends my age growing up. Always a few years older. People usually comment and say she's too old for me. In my opinion, if i would break up it would only be because of age. Doesn't that seem kind of ridiculous? 7 years older doesn't seem like that large of a gap...right?

Just looking to see if others have had age gaps when the woman is older and if it worked out.
I had a 37-year-old girlfriend when I was 30. It worked... for a while.

Old 07-13-2013, 04:35 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
it's kewl, but odds are against you the relationship would last long. imo
That goes for any relationship. Couples break up all the time. It happens everyday regardless whether they are the same age or not.

Life is short, OP. Enjoy the time you now have together and don't worry about what others might say.
No one is guaranteed tomorrow.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:32 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,705 times
I am 12 years older than my husband. We began dating when he was 21. We have been together 24 years, going strong.
He was a very mature, goal oriented 21 year old with fantastic parents who NEVER made an issue of our relationship. Enjoy yourselves, be happy and see where it takes you. People fall in love with people, hopefully for their personalities, values and spirit, not their looks or age. It's good to be open to any scenario because you never know what a good match someone could be if you limit yourself.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:57 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,281,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
That goes for any relationship. Couples break up all the time. It happens everyday regardless whether they are the same age or not.

Life is short, OP. Enjoy the time you now have together and don't worry about what others might say.
Exactly...be happy!

Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 AM

470 posts, read 1,162,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Yes, that would be ridiculous...7 years is nothing...anyone says she's too old is just jealous of your relationship...my grandparents were 14 years apart, and stayed together 65 plus years.
Yeah 7 years is nothing, if it was the the other way around (male being the older person) most people wouldn't blink an eye. It could work if you are a mature 20 year old male (not like I was when I was 20 lol), shes at an age (27) where you wont run into the "biological clock" problem anyways if you two decide to go all the way and get married/have kids.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:15 AM

128 posts, read 177,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post

Old 07-13-2013, 01:04 PM

407 posts, read 828,879 times
I totally agree. Life is way to short to be considering what others think and say. Right now I can see how people may think 7 years is a lot. But someday I feel people wont even notice. Its funny how when the man is 7 years older no one says anything, yet when the woman is it becomes "weird/different".
I act like I'm in my mid 20s and she looks like she is my age.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:42 PM

223 posts, read 434,652 times
I met my husband when he was 24. We got married when he was 26. I was almost 33 at the time we got married. 7 years difference between our ages. My in-laws never blinked an eye over that, nor did our friends.

We've been together almost 23 years now.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:30 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
What I am hearing you say, OP, is that you have found a woman who is a perfect for you and your friends and family are trying to break you up.

Do you know how rare it is to find someone who is a perfect match for you? Just smile, say "thank you for your advice", and proceed to ignore them.

You might want to give a little consideration to why you are hanging out with friends who don't like seeing you happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships