Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 12:39 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,339,431 times

Advertisements

This isn't brain surgery.

Men are aroused by youth-full physically attractive women.

Women could give two $hits what their man looks like. There's ample evidence out there.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
-can have kids
-they look better
-not cranky and bitter
nuff said

Old 07-12-2013, 12:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rburnett View Post
This isn't brain surgery.

Men are aroused by youth-full physically attractive women.

Women could give two $hits what their man looks like. There's ample evidence out there.
Actually women do care but some are so desperate or the man has personality (or money)then they don't care as much.

Old 07-12-2013, 01:48 PM

3,533 posts, read 5,827,208 times
I am in my 30s and would probably only want to date a woman in her younger/mid 20s.. Once a woman gets too old, she usually is no longer is interested in a real relationship, having kids and is set in her ways and becomes too independent. A relationship with an older woman is more like a friendship with benefits and a man to her is easily dispensable if he in any way challenges her career or independence she has gain from being single for so long. Many younger woman still dream of romance and if they find the right guy they may be more appreciative and grow with him, rather than devote their entire life to achieving financial pursuits, only to find themselves bitter and alone when they are older. If she is a divorcee, the man will never be appreciated or respected like the original husband. There is a reason why divorced people, generally have a much higher rate of subsequent divorces. Also, considering the obesity epidemic in USA has affected women more than men, I find many women after 30 are usually overweight, overworked, inactive to the point it is highly undesirable. Also, a lot of women in this country are single mothers, which is sad, but it is a burden for a man to raise a child who is not his own and will never be thought of as a real parent.

These are just some of the reasons I can think, but in many cultures an age difference is quite common and a man with more experience and who is matured and settled would be a better fit for a younger woman who wants to start a family with such a man.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:08 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotseCherut View Post
I am in my 30s and would probably only want to date a woman in her younger/mid 20s.. Once a woman gets too old, she usually is no longer is interested in a real relationship, having kids and is set in her ways and becomes too independent. A relationship with an older woman is more like a friendship with benefits and a man to her is easily dispensable if he in any way challenges her career or independence she has gain from being single for so long. Many younger woman still dream of romance and if they find the right guy they may be more appreciative and grow with him, rather than devote their entire life to achieving financial pursuits, only to find themselves bitter and alone when they are older. If she is a divorcee, the man will never be appreciated or respected like the original husband. There is a reason why divorced people, generally have a much higher rate of subsequent divorces. Also, considering the obesity epidemic in USA has affected women more than men, I find many women after 30 are usually overweight, overworked, inactive to the point it is highly undesirable. Also, a lot of women in this country are single mothers, which is sad, but it is a burden for a man to raise a child who is not his own and will never be thought of as a real parent.

These are just some of the reasons I can think, but in many cultures an age difference is quite common and a man with more experience and who is matured and settled would be a better fit for a younger woman who wants to start a family with such a man.

I think it's safe to say every point you made is wrong. Way to generalize and bash women.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:11 PM

Yeah that post was highly offensive. In my 20's I didn't want a relationship the way I did later. I'm not obese either and never was. I'm also not a divorcee either.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:15 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngerwomen View Post
Many older guys like younger women?
Anyone tell me why?
Lots of reasons.

But one thing I have noticed among guys my age (I am 44) who consistently date much younger women is that they have power and control issues. Sure, they like sex with nubile young bodies. But they also want women who they see as less savvy, more naive about life. They want women they can more easily manipulate and control.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Lots of reasons.

But one thing I have noticed among guys my age (I am 44) who consistently date much younger women is that they have power and control issues. Sure, they like sex with nubile young bodies. But they also want women who they see as less savvy, more naive about life. They want women they can more easily manipulate and control.
Very true. When I was younger I dated a few older men and all of them were controllers.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:27 PM

523 posts, read 839,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Lots of reasons.

Yes, I find men in their 40s who date much younger either have control issues or are socially awkward.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:31 PM

727 posts, read 1,532,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
You're the exception to the rule, though.

Hit the online dating sites and *most* 30-something men are seeking out women as young as early 20's while unwilling to connect to women their age or just a year to two older.

What gets me - as a 32yr woman - how many men in their 30's feel they have so much in common (delusional or not) with a young 20-something gal when, in reality, they are at completely different stages in life.
I feel like I have almost nothing in common with 20-somethings. I really don't care which housewife got into it with which other housewife. I did once hook up with someone almost a decade younger than me, and it was nothing to write home about.

However, I've found that when I do meet women close to my age, I begin to understand why they're still single. I'm not saying that all single women in their 30's are crazy or desperate, but that seems to be the common thread of women I meet my age.

As far as the attraction of older women is concerned, anyone can look good as they get older. I see plenty of older women that look like knockouts. The key is taking care of yourself (eating right, exercise, taking care of your skin). I think I've been getting more attractive as I've gotten older; I've heard that all men supposedly look better as they age, but there's no reason why women can't do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships