Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times

Advertisements

Everyone is so focused on the sex part of the post. I think she's missing out because she has chosen to forego relationships - not because she is refraining from sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 PM

355 posts, read 389,092 times
think of anything you've ever liked

like your favorite flavor of ice cream, or your favorite hobby(in my case video games)

now imagine if you'd never done that hobby, it's like that with sex

you're missing out on something great, you just don't really know it yet

Old 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM

448 posts, read 685,306 times
Honestly sex is hit or miss.

I've had sex that left me like

And I've had sex that had me like during the entire interaction.

Nothing wrong with waiting.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post

like your favorite flavor of ice cream, or your favorite hobby(in my case video games)

It isn't all that "great." The way you are putting it makes it very overrated.

I wouldn't do it for the sake of just doing it which is the reason why I am willing to wait this out. If it never happens again for me it's not going to be a big deal. I want the friendship first. Without that forget it.

Quote:
I never wanted to worry about diseases, pregnancy or other associated relationship issues...
Very wise of you, OP. The bolded part is the worst, IMO. Steps can be taken to avoid the other two.
I dislike any type of conflict, hassles, or drama.

Last edited by John13; 07-16-2013 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: clarification.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:53 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,672,411 times
because you are.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:56 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post

I have something like that.

...I want to take up sailing, but I am far from being able to get a small sailboat.

...I have sailed before, though.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
orgasms are awesome
...yet can be achieved alone. Just saying.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
...yet can be achieved alone. Just saying.
In my experience, they are longer and much more enjoyable when shared with someone.

Orgasms from masturbation feel empty.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:07 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,528,943 times
Because SEX is one of the best things in life, if not the best one.

And having INTIMACY with someone you love, oh well, thats probably the peak of happinnes you can experience. From the kiss to all the foreplay to the great sex, to looking at that person in the eyes while you are doing it, touch, share, achieve orgasm together. Its all such a magical experience that i would advice anyone to do it as soon as possible, to search for it.

Of course love haves downsides, tell me about it. Heartbreak is horrible, the potential of being very hurt is very scary, etc, but im a person that thinks that life is worth living for those amazing moments of happiness, and those moments of sadness that come with it, are just the price we pay for them. But life is ONLY worth living for those moments.

I find people that does not take chances to live the best things in life (even knowing failing and hurt are likely gonna happen) to be very COWARD.

I find people that takes chances and go after what they want and enjoy live to the fullest to be brave, interesting, and, frankly, the only people i wanna be surrounded by.

but to each its own.

Old 07-17-2013, 12:48 AM

26 posts, read 39,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Mia23456 View Post
I have never had a "long term" relationship or engaged in sex and I'm in my early 30s. I was just far too busy focusing on my education, career, traveling, and establishing strong relationships with family and friends. I never wanted to worry about diseases, pregnancy or other associated relationship issues...

However people always tell me that I'm missing out, I'm not sure why they believe that I'm missing out. I'm very happy and content at this stage in my life. There is a possibility that at some point I will seek out a relationship, but currently, I'm not so much looking for one -unless I just happen to meet the right guy out of the blue.

Do most think that people who choose to forego relationships and sex are "missing out?"
I was a virgin till 8 months ago at the age of 28 and I thought like you I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships