Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 11:04 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,942,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
My point still stands you cant force attraction..Im attracted to whom im attracted to it has nothing to do with unrelalistic standards the media or whatever i simply cant control what im attracted to..

Doesnt mean im only into sueprmodels far from it but it doesnt mean i can force attraction with somebody because you or anyone else think its a more realistic standard becasue of both our levels of attraction are close or where in the same league..

AS i said id rather be alone if adjusting my stadnards more realistically means being with women im not attracted to at all but its the only ones who will say yes to me..
This post does nothing to address my post that you quoted. I agree that you can't force attraction, but you can develop it. Think of food. People can develop a taste for a specific kind of cuisine, right? Why would they not be able to develop their attractions? I did.

Regarding your comments on being alone, this is exactly what I am talking about. With so many options out there I think anyone who reaches this conclusion is harboring some unrealistic ideals on some level. So be it, it's your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 11:20 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,347,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think it's an interesting question: How do guys develop these high standards in the first place? Why do they expect women to be something they, themselves, are not?
For myself, my standards have been developed from personal experience. As a youth I wasn't sure of my level of attractiveness, but as I naturally attracted good looking women and more so as my confidence rose, my standards rose with it. For me, its been experience and knowing that I can keep high standards and not lose out.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:26 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,438,925 times
I've never lowered my standards - if anything, I've raised them over time. My standards weren't the problem - the candidate pool sometimes was. There were times I had to wait until someone who could meet them came along, but eventually, someone always would.

Of course, if no one had ever come along who met them, I'd have had to examine my standards eventually.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:15 AM

50,085 posts, read 63,455,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
"Indian medical students". How Indians come somehow in topics all time? Above post suggest that Indian illegal immigrants that stay after theirs visa is expired and study at expense of US tax payers are good catch? About theirs physical aspect will not say nothing because will be banned and not willing to write if I can't say true. And I haven’t see jet one man who like Indian women.
WHAT? You have misunderstood my stereotyping. Isn't the owner of the Quicky Mart on The Simpsons Indian? At any rate, most of the convenience stores near me are owned and run by Indians, which is why I used that example.
Get a grip, why don't you?

Old 07-24-2013, 11:29 AM

5,312 posts, read 6,082,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This post does nothing to address my post that you quoted. I agree that you can't force attraction, but you can develop it. Think of food. People can develop a taste for a specific kind of cuisine, right? Why would they not be able to develop their attractions? I did.

Regarding your comments on being alone, this is exactly what I am talking about. With so many options out there I think anyone who reaches this conclusion is harboring some unrealistic ideals on some level. So be it, it's your choice.
But i dont have a specifc type or ideal i dont need a 9 or 10 just someone i find at least somewhat cute..if i find a women physically unattractive i dont care how great her personality is i cant be intimate with her..

Old 07-24-2013, 04:09 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,942,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
But i dont have a specifc type or ideal i dont need a 9 or 10 just someone i find at least somewhat cute..if i find a women physically unattractive i dont care how great her personality is i cant be intimate with her..
Understood. I've made that clear. And I am not trying to change your mind, either. If you would rather be alone that's your choice. You can't force attraction, after all. But you can DEVELOP it.

It didn't even take loneliness for me. I am happy to say I've never really had to deal with that. All it took for me was a little open mindedness. I once dated only fit/athletic girls but that changed slowly and before I knew it I dated only overweight women. And it wasn't because of lack of success with other body types. It was that I slowly opened myself up to acknowledge that I a pretty girl can be found in a plus size too. Once I reached that point, it was amazing to me how open minded I was about a woman's appearance.

If you don't think preference can be developed, that's fine. I contend it can be and feel people who refuse to even try are doing themselves a disservice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships