Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 08:07 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youneverknow11 View Post
On our second date, he also mentioned that he never does the " just stop calling thing," that he would always make sure to let the other person know if he's not interested in seeing them again. I really trusted what he said and a little confused...

Thanks for reading and any suggestion!
I'm interested to know why this topic came up. Why was it mentioned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 PM

596 posts, read 627,530 times
Don't do it, one thing I've learned is that if a man is interested, he will show it. I think you should just preoccupy yourself with other things, hobbies, your career, family, friends, school, etc. just to keep you from focusing all of your attention on him. If you consider that it is common knowledge, that most people take growing distance from a potential romantic partner, as not being interested, I'd think he'd be doing everything he could to assure you he's interested.

To be honest, it sounds like he may have another girl he's more interested in and actively pursuing but wants to keep you on hold just in case things with her doesn't work out.

Move on, you deserve someone who actually has time to date; I mean if he's this busy he really shouldn't be dating...but like I said, he's probably lying...

Old 07-15-2013, 08:58 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times
So did she contact him or what?

Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times
What's the big deal if she contacts him and she finds out he's not interested? It's not like her world is going to come crashing down on her...big deal, at least she won't have to wonder anymore, and she can move on to the next guy.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:34 PM

32 posts, read 96,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So did she contact him or what?
I haven't, but I might. thanks for the reply

Old 07-15-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
What's the big deal if she contacts him and she finds out he's not interested? It's not like her world is going to come crashing down on her...big deal, at least she won't have to wonder anymore, and she can move on to the next guy.
make sense!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
How many successful relationships have you seen where the women pursued the guy? I would say probably less than 10 percent. The same rules apply now in 2013 that were relevant in the 1800s. If a guy is interested, he will call. She will be setting herself up to be used and then dumped.

I actually chucked at this one, I picked my husband and we have been together 10 years and married 7 years this October.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I actually chucked at this one, I picked my husband and we have been together 10 years and married 7 years this October.
good for you!
this guy though, appeared to be interested after first date, and didn't play the "wait 3 days to call the date" game, he wrote me email to express his interest the same day we had our first date. So I thought he's real.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:57 PM

still haven't contacted him. but still not over it.

After the second date, if he didn't feel like seeing me again, he could just say so. why email me asking what I want to do and " will go from there." After I replied him that I definitely wanted to see him again then he became busy...

not nice

Old 07-20-2013, 08:48 PM

267 posts, read 578,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youneverknow11 View Post
still haven't contacted him. but still not over it.

After the second date, if he didn't feel like seeing me again, he could just say so. why email me asking what I want to do and " will go from there." After I replied him that I definitely wanted to see him again then he became busy...

not nice
Good for you OP. I'm sorry you have to go through this but unfortunately, that's a part of dating. Knowing when to move on, being rejected, it sucks, but you get over it. You WILL find someone else and laugh at how you were every so hung up on this guy to begin with. I have never seen a guy wait 3 weeks to contact someone after going on 2 dates unless...he really was not interested. It's best to just forget about him. He seems pretty wishy washy anyway, do you really want to put up with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships