Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I pick
Drama and confusion 20 21.98%
Boredom 71 78.02%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:59 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times

Advertisements

I've actually never experienced boredom in my relationships. I am very curious about how that works though. I rarely ever experience the feeling of boredom. I have had the dramatic and confusing type of relationship though and, meh, it's not for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,991,236 times
Give me plain and boring over drama every time. Thankfully in my marriage I think my wife and I have a healthy balance.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,189,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I've actually never experienced boredom in my relationships. I am very curious about how that works though. I rarely ever experience the feeling of boredom. I have had the dramatic and confusing type of relationship though and, meh, it's not for me.
To me the drama and confusing = aggravation and high blood pressure, while boring = calm and mellow.

I thought maybe your pick one choices would have been either "marry me today" or "marry me tomorrow" (No you can't say neither).

Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,984,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
To me the drama and confusing = aggravation and high blood pressure, while boring = calm and mellow.

I thought maybe your pick one choices would have been either "marry me today" or "marry me tomorrow" (No you can't say neither).

I would have asked if I could test drive first, before making the choice!

Old 07-16-2013, 10:29 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,636,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post

If I read you literally, there is only a difference of one day, so I'll take "marry me tomorrow".

Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,339,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm saying neither and you can't stop me.
but...how???

Old 07-16-2013, 04:49 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,692,607 times
Picked boredom because there is nothing wrong with boredom. Despite the fun of saying how exciting your life is their are slow periods that happen nothing wrong with that.

Boredum can be subjective one person excitement of skydiving while riding a tiger and fight ninjas in mid air is probably not going to mesh well with a person whose excitement goingto a book store then proceeding to dance with excitement that their author came out with a new book while rushing over to the nearest quiet corner to engross themselves.

Also this question is weird because boredom and drama tend to come up randomly and naturely in life its never really static in my experience or am I doing something wrong.

Old 07-16-2013, 05:07 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,110,773 times
I chose boredom because I can always create drama/confusion whenever I need to.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:31 PM

37,565 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It was a tough choice. But here's how I see it: drama and confusion are exhausting. Someone boring is a lot easier to ignore, and you can pursue your own interests on your own and escape the boredom. You can't escape the drama. If you leave the house and come back, it'll be waiting for you. Drama can drain you. Boredom at least is placid.

I'd climb the walls if I had to deal with either one, but if forced to choose, I'd take boredom. Because ultimately, whether or not you're bored depends on you.

idk. It's choices like this that convince people they're better off alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Boring is the lesser of two evils here. Most people would rather take a third option though.

And I find it funny that you make assumptions about people based on the result of some two option poll. Is it safe to assume that you like drama and chaos in your life?
Agree on both. While I chose neither in the poll, and would not be happy with either in a relationship, I could survive the boring one hell of a lot longer. Drama and confusion? Hell no. Not even for a day.

Old 07-16-2013, 06:41 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,419,433 times
Boredom easily. I don't get bored by myself. So if they are the two options. I can deal with it easily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships