Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

hey
why not cc the letter to his attorney and your attorney and make sure to put cc her name and your lawyers name on the bottom and send them both registered mail
I can just see the look on IB face when he see that copies went to his and your atty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
I need to make some changes to my copy of the letter, add some things,subtract some things, like the cc to his atty.

Dont know about taking the kids over there and letting them out, he may not be there,wouldn't want to drop them offwith his mother and sister... eeek.

It would show that I am trying, when he will not. ugh

Old 11-15-2007, 12:14 PM

788 posts, read 2,111,347 times
Yeah - I wouldn't just show up - I would just put that in the letter.....

Old 11-15-2007, 12:50 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,767,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
hey
why not cc the letter to his attorney and your attorney and make sure to put cc her name and your lawyers name on the bottom and send them both registered mail
I can just see the look on IB face when he see that copies went to his and your atty
Great idea, Karla

and sounds like you agree, too, eh, Robyn?

Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Robyn, Just make the offer to drop the kids off on Saturday mornings. It would all be contingent upon his availability to receive the children. He must be there. The kids are to let you know if he is there. If not, you take the kids home with you. Yes, it's a pain, but it takes away his power and his attempt to manipulate the system.

He would return the kids on Sunday at a set time when you will be home to get the kids.

Just by you making the offer it may end this. Perhaps you will never need to make the trip. Maybe you will only need to stick with the plan for a couple of weekends. He may find a reason why he won't be available, but that would end the plan to make you look as if you are trying to alienate DAIB from his kids.

You would be both doing the same amount of driving for now. When there is legal custody and visitation set, it will be easier than this disagreeable mess.

With Thanksgiving coming up it may give you some advantage. You have the kids for the holiday, but you would be willing to drop the kids off where he is living for the weekend. You may need to travel back from your sister's place, but you may need to bite the bullet this year.

I suppose I am selfishly wanting to see DAIB's bulling tactics defused. In the end, you will need to do what you need to do to get through the here and now.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:32 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
My response follows in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I need to make some changes to my copy of the letter, add some things,subtract some things, like the cc to his atty.

Dont know about taking the kids over there and letting them out, he may not be there,wouldn't want to drop them offwith his mother and sister... eeek.

Two words: cell phone

It would show that I am trying, when he will not. ugh

Exactly!
I don't think I would cut an out-of-town Thanksgiving at your sister's short, though. They can spend next Thanksgiving with him, give him time to get settled.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:36 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
I think compromise will win you alot of favor with the courts.

But when you word the letter, address the fact that visitation is currently not happening due to his demands to pick the kids up when you are not at home and that he has twice now refused to meet you on saturday mornings at a central location. Make sure that's in there so that there is no question about where you stand and why.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:50 AM

1,649 posts, read 5,002,894 times
Mornin' hugs!!! ((((Robyn)))))

Old 11-16-2007, 07:43 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Hey everybody.

My car died last night in a 60mph zone. It never ends, I feel. It had been heating up, but not overheating. The car has oil and water and anitifreeze.

It started knocking, and the ckeck engine light was blinking on and off very quickly. I made it to a place where I could pull over. There was steam coming fr the engine. The kdis were still at kalos.

I called her to let her know what happened, and she called the landlord, who owns a towing whatever, company, and his brother came out. Called AOM last night, and she called me back later last night.

ib harrassed me at work yesterday, but by way of my cellphone. Why is is again that I cant get the kids on friday, on and on and on. Dont answer, I know.

He left a message on the home phone last night that he would see the kdis this weekend and that he loved them, but that he was getting ready to work out. Just asked A where....it is a gym...

So he called back later and I was probably notably upset, and he asked the kids if they got the message, no they didn't. I just got in the door.

He told them he was going to meet me on Saturday morning. Talked to Lindsay for about 3 minutes, A for about 20 or more. A was getting agitated, I had told him he needs to eat, earlier in the call, and then I guess ib asked him what was the matter, and he told him nothing, I am just hungry, and a minute later he told him, well, mommy told me I needed to come on and eat dinner, and the call ended a few minutes later.

AOM called me this morning at 723.

Last night A was coughing on the phone. I have gotten him a nebulizer, Lord knows what happened with his when we moved but it is gone. ib asked him if he had gotten medical attn. he has no colored sputum, etc, just a bad cough, but I am having him use the neb 2x a day now, he was using his inhaler before, of cource OTC meds.

The guy who towed my car said it seemed as though maybe the heater hose busted or something, I dont know.

You guys say extra prayers for me today, please...

Old 11-16-2007, 07:52 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Oh honey, hang in there. I know that is something easy to say/write, but you have to do this. It is always the darkest before dawn, and your dawn is coming. huggs to you..aiangel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships