Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2007, 06:46 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times

Advertisements

Gonna cook today, have never done Thanksgiving for only three, and have never been without my brothers and sisters.

When my parents passed, every year we all had TG at one or the others house and for some reason this year, everyone split up.

You know, good analagy about my fall and my life. I just hope that it all turns out well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 09:14 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,836,584 times
I sent some TG love in the form of rep points to everyone I could.............

I'm on a mission- think I can get to 1,000 by Christmas?????? LOL Feel free to reciprocate!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post

I'm on a mission- think I can get to 1,000 by Christmas?????? LOL Feel free to reciprocate!

Enjoy your day everyone!
I know what Pirate Girl wants for Christmas!

We just need to get her to 1001..... go for the gold Pirate! All Pirates must have gold!!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/pirate/2.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/treasure/1.gif (broken link)

From http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/1.gif (broken link)

To http://bestsmileys.com/christmas3/7.gif (broken link)

I think we can do it!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2007, 09:44 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post

Enjoy your day everyone!
After 500 points it seems to get easier. I hit 1000 points today! I sent you some rep points as your advice is always helpful. Happy Thanks Giving.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:11 AM

14,520 posts, read 8,766,281 times
Wink ..thinking of you...

Robyn, I'm so thankful today for having met you and A & L through your writings....

May your day be calm & peaceful and though the holiday dynamics are different this year, in your case, different is very good because the three of you are in safe and respectful place. So love, love, love on your wonderful kids!

Also I'm very thankful you're not seriously injured from your fall, thank God!

Old 11-22-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Dancing in the kitchen......

With my son... to norah jones.

How sweet...

In between cooking and washing dishes, of course, checking cd...

I have Norah Jones playing and the DR is blocked off from the LR so they can hear the movie they are watching and he came in to the kitchen to 'see' me, and I grabbed him for a dance.

He towered over me as we danced, I told him he was such a tall young man, and he said thats why I am bending down, Mommy.

They are growing up so fast, seemingly before my eyes. L was very upset yesterday at kalos house. Nothing to do with anything, really, I dont think, besides her emotions coming to play, but when we got there, she was bff again with kalos girl M. L asked me when I went back to Ms bedroom why they always had to see daddys family and never my family.

Not going for Thanksgiving is upsetting for her, she talked to my sister this morning. Asked me earlier when we would see her again.

The music makes me smile, although some of it sounds somber, there will always be dancing in the kitchen on Thanksgiving with my LITTLE boy... at Chimes

Old 11-22-2007, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Robyn, I'm so thankful today for having met you and A & L through your writings....

May your day be calm & peaceful and though the holiday dynamics are different this year, in your case, different is very good because the three of you are in safe and respectful place. So love, love, love on your wonderful kids!

Also I'm very thankful you're not seriously injured from your fall, thank God!
I am thankful for having met you, as well as everyone else here, not only today, but everyday....

Old 11-22-2007, 11:43 AM

283 posts, read 524,138 times
Happy Thanksgiving all. Off to my folks for dinner, hope my mother doesn't cook <g> But I am very much thankful for her and all of you here. Continue to be blessed. C

Old 11-22-2007, 11:58 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
Cool Isn't this what Thanksgiving is all about???

What a wonderful post Robyn !! And I toast your 1st THANKS GIVING in the House of Chimes!!!

May God keep you and your sweet children safe and healthy, may you find favor and mercy with both God and man, and may you find peace and joy (strength) in the midst of your storms!

You've come a long ways baby !!! Life is full of ups and downs and sideways . When you get knocked down (and we all do), just decide now to always get back up and keep on perservering ! I will be praying about your car situation as well as finances in general. Keep God first in your life and no matter what you go through, He will never let you down!

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL readers of the thread and especially those that take the time to show support!

Blessings and hugs from,

~HDL~

p.s.
Prayers for:
MsV - last TG at her home and the upcoming move next week
Synopsis - traveling mercies
Sorry if I missed anyone, but this is all I can remember for now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
With my son... to norah jones.

How sweet...

In between cooking and washing dishes, of course, checking cd...

I have Norah Jones playing and the DR is blocked off from the LR so they can hear the movie they are watching and he came in to the kitchen to 'see' me, and I grabbed him for a dance.

He towered over me as we danced, I told him he was such a tall young man, and he said thats why I am bending down, Mommy.

They are growing up so fast, seemingly before my eyes. L was very upset yesterday at kalos house. Nothing to do with anything, really, I dont think, besides her emotions coming to play, but when we got there, she was bff again with kalos girl M. L asked me when I went back to Ms bedroom why they always had to see daddys family and never my family.

Not going for Thanksgiving is upsetting for her, she talked to my sister this morning. Asked me earlier when we would see her again.

The music makes me smile, although some of it sounds somber, there will always be dancing in the kitchen on Thanksgiving with my LITTLE boy... at Chimes

Last edited by HDL; 11-22-2007 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: Added PRAYER requests :-)

Old 11-22-2007, 02:15 PM

You know, we get reputation here on this forum, but for me, when i see that I have more rep points, it is what is said that I am eager to see...

I was just going over my rep messages going way back, and one is from this post:

Quote:
Dh had an Epiphany yesterday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We, dh and the 2 kids were sitting in a Chinese food buffett style place yesterday and talking about something, I dont even remember what, but what it boiled down to was myself and his mother. Here we go. He told me that she will always outrank me. Well, from his actions all these years I always knew that, but he sat there and said it out loud. So he was going on and on, blah blah blah and finally I told him that he needed to stop talking. He said ok, had no clue. I regained composure and said that when you marry a woman you become as one. You leave your family and start your own family. Your wife then becomes the woman in 1st place in your life, then your mother. He says well, she has exp with buying things and with medical and lawyers. OK, Now I got really MAD. I said all she has ever bought in her life is a PACIFICA and has reliec on men for all the rest. Lawyers because she is trying to take everyone elses money...dhs. Medical, yes she has problems, but so do I!!! She let things happen to their family growing up that was reprehensible and that I would never let happen to my kids and I told him if thats the kind of advise/exp he wants to learn/live by then he is off his rocker!!!!!!! He says, true... Then, I say lets look at her last marriage... one of the worst things in it was that her dh had more time and everything for his mother, and not his wife. he did everything for his own Mother and never spent any time with his wife, dhs mom, took care of her money wise and didn't keep groceries in their house...oh I could go on. So I say to dh... do you recall all the problems we have to hear about over and over about that marriage and his mother coming before your mother, well thats what you have been doing to me fore 15 years, even with all of the bad things she has done to you.... OMG lightbulb moment for dh. It was like I hit him with a brick! He said I can't believe it. He said from today on I am changing, mind you I said it takes seeing to believe... I had also told him that I was never going to follow her advise and exp... She may be older than me but not wiser. She has made so many mistakes in her life and this is why she needs all the lawyers. She has med probs, guess what? I do too, but I had them start from a much younger age. I nursed my Mother, Father, and Grandmother until the day they died, and I am the baby of my family, I took on the responsibility. I told my dh that I would NEVER take her advice exp and use it. I can't go into the childhood, but it was bad for them. I am so sorry, I know this was long, but getting it out, other than infront of everyone at the restaurant feels good for me. Dh asks me how we can accomplish things like this again, I told him I guess we have to go for Chinese... It was a good day, a day of realization.
That was from May, someone who is no longer on this board/forum/ whatever repped me on this.

I look back and thought that day I was maybe accomplishing something.

I look at today, and know I was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships