Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 06:03 PM

283 posts, read 523,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Hi, Robyn!! Glad to see you had a good trip.

OMG! LOL! As if you don't have enough stress. Who is this boy?!? I wonder what L. would tell you if you mention his name.

Oh, btw, I tried to make these people behave while you were gone. They just won't listen to me. I couldn't control them. I tried. I really, really did.
Ohhhhh, you so did not, Pinochio, your nose is gonna grow

Rob's, glad you're home safely. Sorry it was so painful with your sister, I'll be adding her to my prayer list that she can "see the light" as you have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 07:27 PM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 849,225 times
Default New to CD

Hi Robyn (and all the rest),

I just found this site a few days ago and have spent the last day or so reading this thread. All I can say is WOW!!! You are one strong woman and you have lots of great friends and support here. It is so nice to see people helping people and lending support/advice/etc... Good luck to you and your beautiful children and I hope that you find peace once you can get all initial details ironed out in your separation. I myself am blessed with a wonderful husband and best friend and will remind myself to count my blessings every day. Thank you for sharing your story, it is indeed an inspiration and shows that you can accomplish and change things in your life if you can find the strength and believe in yourself. Jo Ann

Old 12-16-2007, 07:32 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,740,177 times
Smile So glad you are safely back home..

Robyn, what a mix of things on your trip...I also will be praying for your sister. May she find her way to do the best thing in her situation. I'm so sorry.

As sad and hurtful and traumatic as it was to be nearby, I rejoice at your new eyes of perception. This is another priceless gift. I'm thinking if L & J saw parts of how things are there, they also were seeing with new eyes, and while hard to see, it is also beneficial to them for perspective in their new lives with you at Chimes.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:34 PM

788 posts, read 2,107,779 times
Robyn - I am very glad that you are home safe and I am sorry that it hurt to see your sister go through her own personal hell.
As far as L and THE BOY - maybe it is good for her self esteem for a boy to like her!! And he left the message on your machine - so either he's falling down stupid or just not sneaky!
Hope this week is kind to you.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:45 PM

18,432 posts, read 34,265,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnR View Post
Hi Robyn (and all the rest),

I just found this site a few days ago and have spent the last day or so reading this thread. All I can say is WOW!!! You are one strong woman and you have lots of great friends and support here. It is so nice to see people helping people and lending support/advice/etc... Good luck to you and your beautiful children and I hope that you find peace once you can get all initial details ironed out in your separation. I myself am blessed with a wonderful husband and best friend and will remind myself to count my blessings every day. Thank you for sharing your story, it is indeed an inspiration and shows that you can accomplish and change things in your life if you can find the strength and believe in yourself. Jo Ann
Thank you very much Jo Ann... And welcome to CD and the thread!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
Robyn - I am very glad that you are home safe and I am sorry that it hurt to see your sister go through her own personal hell.
As far as L and THE BOY - maybe it is good for her self esteem for a boy to like her!! And he left the message on your machine - so either he's falling down stupid or just not sneaky!
Hope this week is kind to you.
LOL.... He has Aspergers also, these kids just say.....what literally comes to their minds, but then he realized he said it....

She talked to him on the phone one day the week before last I think it was and I was making dinner, she was standing there twirling the phone cord around her fingers and giggling.......

No cordless phone for K calls!

Yes, it was hard seeing my sister, very hard to see that.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:55 PM

Check out the dog/cat thread - I left a funny for you!!!!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love the Bears View Post
Check out the dog/cat thread - I left a funny for you!!!!
I talked back to you! My stomach still hurts..... uuuuggggghhh you just ask Kalo, I am not even kidding you.... you rotten egg!

Old 12-16-2007, 08:12 PM

Default ME too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
I talked back to you! My stomach still hurts..... uuuuggggghhh you just ask Kalo, I am not even kidding you.... you rotten egg!
I am laughing like a loon at the computer again - can't help it - I just picture Cletus from the Dukes of Hazzards!

Old 12-17-2007, 03:53 AM

Good Morning, I am up, ready to face the day...sort of.

I was thinking of something yesterday. His fear is an ongoing one that mine has always been, but one that I have overcome, but lingers, if that makes sense.

My fear. Always, what if he tries to take the kids. I will do anything for him not to take the kids. This still lingers. As I grow stronger and stronger with each month, week, day, minute, the fear subsides, but until everything is established and things are signed, it will not completely go away.

Now, granted, it is not the way it used to be, as I am not the way i used to be. I don't feel like he would do it, and I don't feel he has the means to do it.

That night, when on the next day I was going to take the kids to Maryland look what they did to me. He had told me later he thought I was going to go up there and stay with them. On my way home last night I must have been say 40 minutes from home, and he must have gotten a little itchy, so he called me, but it was within his 'calling time' on the nose. Where are you? A worried, excited, strange, scared tone in his voice. I told him what town I was in and handed the phone off to L. She talked to him and I woke up A. As call was full of yes sirs and no sirs.

He has got to have the same fear that I did. But his is of me taking them away further. I mentioned in mediation about his possibility of moving to NC. He said yes it is a possibility, but could not clarify.

Coffee time, It just got done brewing. This morning, nothing big other than the fact that the cats would not let me sleep 5 minutes past my alarm, and when I put my robe on and came downstairs and looked in the mirror, to my dismay, I looked like someones mommy and not a sex kitten. OMG! LMAO!

Last edited by Pikantari; 12-17-2007 at 05:04 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships