Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 10:31 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

Yep many times! Some work some don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 10:33 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
No, I've never fixed my friends up and now am at a point where I don't have any single girlfriends. Come to think of it, most of my guy friends aren't single anymore either. I've become the "token single friend."

As for set ups by my friends, at this age, most are in the position of not having any single friends but there have been a few attempts:

1) Friend 1 has a friend from HS who is single. Our schedules are completely opposite. He would've needed constant reassurance he was not competing with dead hubby and Friend 2 who did go out with him assured me I would kill him due to his inability to make a decision about anything, right down to what to wear to dinner.

2) Co-worker of Friend 2 has a single friend. However, last set up was such a disaster he is no longer willing to let her set him up with anyone else ever again.

3) Friend 3 owns a coffee shop. Decides to set me up with fave customer who just wants to meet "a nice girl who doesn't want to hop into bed on the first date and get married on the third." Friend 3 starts to bring it up only to find Guy has met someone-and is in the midst of a self-diagnosed midlife crisis.

4) Friend 4 offers to set me up with his friend I matched highly with on OKC. Guy agrees and then immediately blocks me from seeing his profile. A couple of weeks later, Guy asks Friend 4 when he was going to set us up. Friend 4 asks why he blocked me and Guy says he doesn't think we would be compatible. Met him naturally at an event we both attended; his profile pic was way outdated.

5) Friend 4 decides I should meet his roommate. So he brings him to my birthday party (the only time I've ever asked my friends not to bring other friends) without telling me. They left before I could really get a chance to talk to him. Friend 4 sets up brunch for the following weekend and then cancels by sending a text to my old land line # so I didn't get the message. A month later, I get an e-mail summoning me to breakfast but I'd made other plans already. I figure the guy met me; if he was interested, he wouldn't have relied on Friend 4 to get something going.

6) Actually met this one. Someone I play bunco with has a friend "who just needs to meet someone." I give her the okay to pass along my contact info; he contacts me 8 months later. I agree to meet for coffee and every interaction to plan the date was completely impersonal-he didn't even address me by name-and was laced with comments about how inconvenient it was to meet me. Turns out he doesn't like to alter his routine.

Last edited by NWGirl74; 07-17-2013 at 10:44 AM..

Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 AM

31,033 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
May I ask - why are you going?

Seems like you are wasting your time.
I was wondering the same. Maybe out of boredom? Ive done this before. As long as your both on the same page and just want to go out Plutonically

Old 07-17-2013, 04:54 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
a good way to lose a friend,,,

dont work or hire family in business, and dont match up your friends---- two of life's hardest lessons learned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships