U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 11,538 times

Advertisements

I've known this guy for over 2 years. In the beginning, hechased me pretty hard. We dated for about a month, but he stopped pursuing mebecause he knew I was the type that would require a committed relationship, andhe couldn't provide that. Which was ok for me since I had JUST gotten out of a3 year relationship. Cool - we became friends (I have completely infiltratedhis circle - his friends <3 me) and we work together sometimes (freelance gigs).

Anyhow, we would try and start up dating againsometimes...but the same outcome occurred. No sex (we would usually fightbefore sex could occur 'cause he was an ass about something like beingflaky/his phone etiquette). I realized that I didn't want to date him or havean emotional attachment to him...I just wanted a physical commitment from him(I'm deathly afraid of catching STDs). He agreed to that and we both were excited

A few days later, he called off the arrangement and said that it would end badly...hearts would get broken, blah blah blah. I said they wouldn't...cause my heart was cool...but he INSISTED. Weird.

Anyway, that occurred about a year ago...and I have just recently had my heart smashed and broken by my ex and am in no place for a relationship. Last weekend, we partied together and things got a little erotic.The only reason sex didn't occur was because we **** and it got to be 6AM...we were tired and he had to leave at 9am for a meeting. Plus we had been pretty sensual with each other for a few hours at that point. It was time to sleeeep.

A couple of days later I wanted to "pick up where weleft off" and he totally freaked. I haven't heard from him today or yesterday and ...well...he's totally MIA.

My question is...what the hell? I'm finally in a place whereI JUST want to have fun, kick back and enjoy the good times with no bull **** -but he won't sleep with me. I'm baffled by this. Any ideas?

Last edited by 79skmp; 07-16-2013 at 08:31 PM.. Reason: formatting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 PM

3,017 posts, read 1,869,658 times
Just use protection. I don't want to have to pay for your illegitimate child.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:38 PM

6 posts, read 11,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Just use protection. I don't want to have to pay for your illegitimate child.
Trust me, you won't. On birth control.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:39 PM

596 posts, read 815,666 times
Don't be fooled by the stereotype of Los Angeles being one giant boring suburb. The downtown area is making great strides and the new transit system is growing rapidly. Also many of the "suburbs" are interesting destinations in their own right, and there is a great variety of geography near by (mountains, deserts, beaches, etc.). This sets Los Angeles apart from many other major cities.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:54 PM

3,522 posts, read 3,922,967 times
You snooze, you lose. You lost.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 PM

31,613 posts, read 19,939,787 times
Just because you want to have casual sex with him doesn't mean he wants it with you.

I suspect you have already been too much of a pain, and he knows if you sleep together you will be worse. It's supposed to be casual, no drama, no fights - just fun.

Honestly, I think he made a good call.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 PM

3,406 posts, read 7,557,377 times
Maybe he is gay or in love with someone else?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:57 PM

4,933 posts, read 6,795,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pito_Chueco View Post
Don't be fooled by the stereotype of Los Angeles being one giant boring suburb. The downtown area is making great strides and the new transit system is growing rapidly. Also many of the "suburbs" are interesting destinations in their own right, and there is a great variety of geography near by (mountains, deserts, beaches, etc.). This sets Los Angeles apart from many other major cities.
This reply FTW!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:58 PM

2,468 posts, read 3,588,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79skmp View Post
Any ideas?
Find someone else.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:59 PM

14,439 posts, read 17,358,517 times
I agree with your friend totally. You have to just give up the idea of having sex or anything with him. This is why people who are attracted to each other can't be friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or