Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:39 PM

10 posts, read 49,791 times

Advertisements

My bf and I have been dating for two weeks. Prior to this we dated for 6 months. Separated for another 6 months then we got back together. One of the problems we had when we were dating before was the lack of communication on his part. There were times that he totally forgot to text me back. Anyway, I left he pursued me again. I said it was over but he was so persistent. He said he loves me. It took me six months to decide that I should give it another shot. He promised he would change, so were trying again.

So the past two weeks, we have been communicating everyday. He sent a good morning text yesterday. I sent a good night text last night. No response from him. No text from him this morning either. Usually, when I text him at night and he's asleep he texts me in the morning saying sorry baby I was sleep.

Do you guys think its something I should bring up to him or should I just ignore it? I want to bring it up because I don't want it to become a habit. Any suggestions about what is the best way to tell him this? I don't want to sound too needy or demanding but at the same time I want him to know that it's unacceptable and if he keeps doing it, our relationship is not gonna work out and I'm not gonna stick around.

Thanks so much for all the help.

Last edited by Missnovscorp; 07-17-2013 at 02:41 PM.. Reason: Edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 02:43 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,956,730 times
um....

Old 07-17-2013, 02:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,715,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missnovscorp View Post
My bf and I have been dating for two weeks. Prior to this we dated for 6 months. Separated for another 6 months then we got back together. One of the problems we had when we were dating before was the lack of communication on his part. There were times that he totally forgot to text me back. Anyway, I left he pursued me again. I said it was over but he was so persistent. He said he loves me. It took me six months to decide that I should give it another shot. He promised he would change, so were trying again.

So the past two weeks, we have been communicating everyday. He sent a good morning text yesterday. I sent a good night text last night. No response from him. No text from him this morning either. Usually, when I text him at night and he's asleep he texts me in the morning saying sorry baby I was sleep.

Do you guys think its something I should bring up to him or should I just ignore it? I want to bring it up because I don't want it to become a habit. Any suggestions about what is the best way to tell him this? I don't want to sound too needy or demanding but at the same time I want him to know that it's unacceptable and if he keeps doing it, our relationship is not gonna work out and I'm not gonna stick around.

Thanks so much for all the help.
(Astounded at the stupidity and cluelessness of the bolded events, The Dissenter goes and grabs a baseball bat, and has to be held back by his roommate from smashing his own laptop.)

Old 07-17-2013, 02:56 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Honestly, my husband would always call me every night before he went to sleep. I need someone like that. This guy doesn't sound like that. If you can't handle him the way he is - then you just might not be right for each other. And personally, I'd much rather TALK to the person that I'm dating rather than just texting.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 PM

Sorry I maybe overreacting or worrying too much but I had a really bad experience about the way this guy was communicating in the past. I feel that when he does something like that that it's the start of the old pattern and that it may lead to how he was before.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,255 times
Maybe he was busy in the morning. If you really want to talk to him, call.

Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,255 times
Quote:
Sorry I maybe overreacting or worrying too much but I had a really bad experience about the way this guy was communicating in the past. I feel that when he does something like that that it's the start of the old pattern and that it may lead to how he was before.
It's pretty rare that someone can change. Even if he does communicate with you more often, he may just be doing it to appease you and the pattern is likely to repeat. Maybe it's time to find someone who's more into you.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:10 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
How old are both of you? I ask because I'm curious to know if you're both young and naive or if you're in your late 20's/early 30's and that he's just immature.

Go with your gut. He has a pattern and you see it resurfacing.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
How old are both of you? I ask because I'm curious to know if you're both young and naive or if you're in your late 20's/early 30's and that he's just immature.

Go with your gut. He has a pattern and you see it resurfacing.
Early 30s both professional. We both have demanding jobs and busy schedule.

Old 07-17-2013, 03:23 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,228,361 times
Quote:
Early 30s both professional. We both have demanding jobs and busy schedule.

I never buy into that "busy schedule". I have a very demanding job, too. My position means I'm on call 24/7, even if I'm on a family vacation in Disney.

I always find time to shoot a text or email to let someone know I'm thinking of them and that I haven't forgotten or ignored them. Sounds like you're now defending him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships