Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 06:33 PM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
I would assume that anyone with an IQ above 60 could figure out this is total B.S.

First of all, how many men are rich?

Statistically, very few.

How many men have "status?"

Again, not many.

How many men have good looks?

Probably about 20%, if that. And the chances of a handsome guy having also status and money is miniscule. There just aren't that many rich, status-enhanced gorgeous men out there. Isn't that pretty obvious?

I see a hell of a lot of average looking or fat dudes get married, date and get laid on a regular basis.

So much for this asinine theory.
Ulysses is always a breath of fresh air!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:40 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I think every man should squeeze a lady's behind and let me know how it worked out.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
It works... to a degree on low self esteem women, drunk women, naive women. The purpose is to pick up a woman, bed her, and move on. So damaged women that well adjusted men turn down fall for it.

If you notice it's called "pick up artist" not "healthy relationship artist" or "loving relationship artist" techniques.

And a lot of it is hogwash and snake oil. And even the "Free" stuff will lead you to books to buy, seminars to go to, etc. It's marketing 101. But some men fall for it just like people fall for those fat pills on TV, get rich quick with someone's secret real estate plan, etc, etc. Like someone else said, most men find relationships and most men aren't rich or handsome or jerks. It's not like a few men are out there taking up all the women. I mean roughly the numbers are 50/50 male to female.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
I'll give guys a little inside information. Women like men who like themselves. If you want to find an good woman to date, work on any self esteem issues you have, work on bettering yourself, being goal oriented and having a plan for life, being comfortable around women in non-sexual/non dating scenarios. Be kind... I mean really kind to everyone. Not a self described "nice guy" who is really only nice to women he's trying to bed. Don't rely on tricks and techniques that treat all women like we have the same mindset.

Old 07-17-2013, 06:56 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sooo....pick up artistry is about hooking up with women, not about actually developing social skills or overcoming anxiety.

Just like many of us here have said.
Yea and What's wrong with that if that's what the guy wants? Also like I said before It teaches men the importance of confidence so I don't really know what you mean "not overcoming anxiety"

Most of the guys pre PUA have ZERO confidence and fear talking to women.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Yea and What's wrong with that if that's what the guy wants? Also like I said before It teaches men the importance of confidence so I don't really know what you mean "not overcoming anxiety"

Most of the guys pre PUA have ZERO confidence and fear talking to women.
That depends. Are the woman's thoughts or emotions ever even considered? Or are they manipulating women to get what they want and then leave? If both parties just want hook ups, then great! But manipulating someone else to do what you want them to do is dishonest and not something to be emulated.

If they have zero confidence or fear talking to women, there are other ways of gaining that confidence that don't deal with using other people.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 PM

355 posts, read 388,924 times
most PUAs aren't in relationships, but that's by choice not inability

PUA would and should also teach you when to "next" a woman, this is why they play instead of getting played

they'll have seen the crazies and the gold diggers and the b****es long before the damage was done and gotten out

granted it's entirely possible that the women who dislike PUA are just mad that they can't squeeze their men for everything they've got, then cheat on them and leave them for the next sucker that comes along as easily anymore

Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Quote:
That depends. Are the woman's thoughts or emotions ever even considered? Or are they manipulating women to get what they want and then leave? If both parties just want hook ups, then great! But manipulating someone else to do what you want them to do is dishonest and not something to be emulated.

If they have zero confidence or fear talking to women, there are other ways of gaining that confidence that don't deal with using other people.
PUA isn't like on TV, it's not a bunch of guys saying "yes of course I'll love you forever, now take off your pants" and then never calling her again

it's about seducing her first and calling her if you want or not, you don't false advertise, she may assume, but you didn't say or imply you were looking for a serious LTR

in fact a lot of the time they specifically want you to avoid deceiving her in that way, they advise that you make her think that the relationship may be short

Old 07-17-2013, 07:08 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
PUA isn't like on TV, it's not a bunch of guys saying "yes of course I'll love you forever, now take off your pants" and then never calling her again

it's about seducing her first and calling her if you want or not, you don't false advertise, she may assume, but you didn't say or imply you were looking for a serious LTR

in fact a lot of the time they specifically want you to avoid deceiving her in that way, they advise that you make her think that the relationship may be short
Sooo...manipulation and withholding information.

Gotcha.

Next time ANY guy asks why women are so 'shy' and don't trust men or make men 'jump through hoops' before dating....well, this is why.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Sooo...manipulation and withholding information.

Gotcha.

Next time ANY guy asks why women are so 'shy' and don't trust men or make men 'jump through hoops' before dating....well, this is why.
PUA actually teaches you how to jump through those hoops, meanwhile the average joe doesn't know how to jump through them

so if you actually wanted to date a beta, you wouldn't bother with the hoops, betas are the ones who f*** them up

you got it all wrong anyway, it's not manipulation, no PUA is advocating you make her do anything she doesn't want to do(granted, you're supposed to ignore verbal no's but they also teach that you should recognize when she actually really means no and when you should just keep going)

manipulation would imply that PUAs can teach you how to make people do what they don't want to do

and yet, they usually teach that not every girl will like you and that you need to deal with rejection correctly and just keep on going and trying

and some even say that being single is better than being with a bad girl
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships