Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by futureATLien View Post
I have had plenty of hookups and I'm no longer interested in having sex right away. I'm getting closer to 30 and I really want a long term relationship now, as I want to have a family within the next 10 years. I don't want to have sex until I am for sure that the guy is reciprocating the same feelings. As soon as I tell a guy that although I am looking for an ltr, I don't want to have sex until it the time is right, they run for the hills. Am I doing anything wrong?
You're not doing anything wrong. Eventually you will find a guy who will stick around for a LTR, the guys who ran away are just not ready for a LTR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 09:57 AM

55 posts, read 60,514 times
I don't want to read all 10 pages so pardon me if I miss something.

I don't know when you are saying this to guys but I know I would be rather confused if early in the relationship she started trying to explain how long she wants to wait and that she wants commitment up front. If you are going to say something like that maybe you should just make it about how you want to get to know them better, not necessarily want commitment. I know I wouldn't commit to some chick I barely know.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:29 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
No, in this case, I'm actually in to the guy I'm dating. I don't care if I have a family with a man or woman.
From the OP it sounded if you were talking about guys, and here you say one guy and women too?

Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 PM

890 posts, read 1,649,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
From the OP it sounded if you were talking about guys, and here you say one guy and women too?
I am referring to guys. But I also date women, so I don't have a preference for either. I just happen to like a guy.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:16 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
I have had plenty of hookups and I'm no longer interested in having sex right away. I'm getting closer to 30 and I really want a long term relationship now, as I want to have a family within the next 10 years. I don't want to have sex until I am for sure that the guy is reciprocating the same feelings. As soon as I tell a guy that although I am looking for an ltr, I don't want to have sex until it the time is right, they run for the hills. Am I doing anything wrong?
So, basically, when you were with men you didn't really care about, you were willing to have sex right away. But now that you want a man to really care about you, you are going to withhold sex from him until "the time is right?"

Pffft. I'd dump you in a heartbeat! Women like you are the reason so many men think being a jerk is the way to go.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:01 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
I hooked up a lot in college. After that it was sparingly, I dated women from then until about a year ago
Oh dang you are gay?

I have no advice at all.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:

Am I doing anything wrong?
No. You have made it clear what you are looking for and each man's response clearly indicates that he is not the man for you.

[no course corrections are necessary]

Old 07-20-2013, 06:16 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Her "emotional readiness" may just be semantic garbage, an egotistical attempt to roll back the clock and undo all the other guys she has screwed.
"Emotional readiness" is not garbage...I'm not even bothered by the OP's past, what happened then was in a totally different time in a totally different situation. People change over time when they reach a certain stage in their lives, and may feel like trying something new. Worrying about the past shows insecurity and causes misery. Everybody has baggage, so we have to accept that and deal with it

Old 07-20-2013, 06:30 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
So, basically, when you were with men you didn't really care about, you were willing to have sex right away. But now that you want a man to really care about you, you are going to withhold sex from him until "the time is right?"

Pffft. I'd dump you in a heartbeat! Women like you are the reason so many men think being a jerk is the way to go.
I know I don't have a penis, but is it really that hard for a man to wait a month or two to have sex? That's not unreasonable regardless of what she's done in the past.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:50 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
I wonder if a guy decided to wait 2-6 months, would the woman respect that? or assume him gay and bail?

Probably tell her friends, in which they will tell her to bail (leave, you deserve better) lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships