Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times

Advertisements

I would not get married in today's world. No way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 12:59 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Well, it's good to know I'll never be viewed as being a 'complete' woman.

Me too! But hey, why would I want to be "complete"...it's way more fun being incomplete.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
A woman can never be viewed as complete without bearing a child, and deep down, all women know this. Some have done a good job repressing it, but it still lingers, driving them insane, and only it only serves to make them even angrier at those who have fulfilled their womanly duties to their spouse/SO.

How's that for misgynistic? Are these really my views?

Oh the drama.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:00 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Me too! But hey, why would I want to be "complete"...it's way more fun being incomplete.
Well, I have a genetic disorder and probably can't have children. So...it's not really a choice for me.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Well, it's good to know I'll never be viewed as being a 'complete' woman.

There's power in words, whether you actually mean it or not. I might be a bit of a sociopath...

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
The fact of the matter is marriage is declining and women are starting to out earn men. Marriage is an outdated institution and the sooner it goes away, the better. Then we will have laws that reflect the realities of relationships instead of this ridiculous notion that the nuclear family is the be all and end all of society. America is way behind with this particular subject. European and Scandinavian countries are far more equitable and have better family-friendly policies entrenched in their laws.

Quote:
Well, I have a genetic disorder and probably can't have children. So...it's not really a choice for me.
Regardless if its a choice for me or a condition for you, we are way past women being prized only for their birthing abilities. We are actually capable of achieving other things.

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I don't understand?
I've seem (and heard) more than a few women TOTALLY against marriage.

Then: 6, 9 months, a year into the relationship.... They change their tune.

Anticdotally.... It's very common. (yes, I'm SURE there are some women out there who don't want to.... I'm saying it's not NEARLY on par with the claims!)

Old 07-18-2013, 01:03 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's certainly not reflected online. Attractive, successful, and happy men do not complain about and trash women on the Internet. We have all ages doing as much here and they are sad souls independent of how they view their wrinkles, sagging asses, and receding hairlines.

It might not be reflected online, but it is the truth. With the exception of some, most people deep down know this. Skin tightening and wrinkles just don't benefit women much. It can make many of them look old. whereas men seem distinguished and manly. Men are supposed to have some hard/ manliness to them. This is why in the long run when they age, they age better. If the aging process made a person more soft/ feminine, then I would say women benefit more from aging and it would most likely be guys who want to marry sooner.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I've seem (and heard) more than a few women TOTALLY against marriage.

Then: 6, 9 months, a year into the relationship.... They change their tune.

Anticdotally.... It's very common. (yes, I'm SURE there are some women out there who don't want to.... I'm saying it's not NEARLY on par with the claims!)
Not marrying runs in my family. I have 5 aunts who are in their 50's-never married-no kids. I guess its more common in my world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships