Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 01:38 AM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
This is the internet, you can be anything you want to be.
LOL.. Ok... I'm a millionaire with a big 9" hog and more property than I know what to do with...

Did I also mention I have a cunnilingus addition.....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 01:39 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,942,826 times
If a nerd is what's described in this thread, then I guess I'm not a big fan. I like smarty pants guys, but I do not like guys who are more interested in comic books and playing games than going out and experiencing real life.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 AM

16,401 posts, read 30,809,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.. Ok... I'm a millionaire with a big 9" hog and more property than I now what to do with...

Did I also mention I have a cunnilingus addition.....

me too, im also a warewolf with a tender side

Old 07-19-2013, 01:41 AM

38 posts, read 116,463 times
I don't know about nerds... but Engineers tend to fall more in the "geek" territory.

Most of the sociable/successful geeks & engineers I know are in long term relationships with women who wouldn't trade them for the world.

PS: I would define a lover of comics/tech/video games a geek because they have a finite set of heavily focused interests while a nerd is someone who loves all knowledge agnosticly.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:42 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,942,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a millionaire with a big 9" hog

Those teacup pigs are so cute.

Old 07-19-2013, 01:44 AM

51,847 posts, read 52,247,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Those teacup pigs are so cute.
I hear you also have to have wind reinforced housing around them..............

Old 07-19-2013, 06:53 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,134,682 times
its definitely "in" to do so these days. personally theyre not really my type

Old 07-19-2013, 07:04 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,258,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
If a nerd is what's described in this thread, then I guess I'm not a big fan. I like smarty pants guys, but I do not like guys who are more interested in comic books and playing games than going out and experiencing real life.
The assumption that anybody with an interest in pursuits deemed nerdy isn't interested in going out and experiencing life is a flawed one.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:46 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,773,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
The assumption that anybody with an interest in pursuits deemed nerdy isn't interested in going out and experiencing life is a flawed one.
I agree. I mean among other nerdy things listed in this thread like certain book genres, movie genres, video games, etc.. I like board games and graphic novels (well, at least the old Sandman stuff by Neil Gaiman). But I also love scuba diving, going to the beach on weekends, and camping and things considered "non-nerdy". I am a volunteer with the Girl Scouts (I am working on getting the training to be a camp volunteer). So I get out and do stuff--it's not an all or nothing thing with liking nerdy stuff. Although it's true I am not into clubs, bars, large parties, and that kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryazer24 View Post
D: all the above but doctor who... never watched it! LOL
I am willing to accept Trekkies (or even a Trekker if you are more serious). Or fans of similar shows... Or I can convert you to be a Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
My question though, is doctor who really that nerdy? Isn't it a typical prime time show in the UK?
You have a very good point. I think it is more of a prime time show in the UK--but in the US (where I am) I think it's still considered a fringe show I think... and maybe a bit nerdy.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:03 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,258,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I agree. I mean among other nerdy things listed in this thread like certain book genres, movie genres, video games, etc.. I like board games and graphic novels (well, at least the old Sandman stuff by Neil Gaiman). But I also love scuba diving, going to the beach on weekends, and camping and things considered "non-nerdy". I am a volunteer with the Girl Scouts (I am working on getting the training to be a camp volunteer). So I get out and do stuff--it's not an all or nothing thing with liking nerdy stuff. Although it's true I am not into clubs, bars, large parties, and that kind of thing
Yep.

I'm active in a bunch of civic groups in my community, volunteer with youth, teach, do charity 5ks with friends, perform in a city music ensemble, attend MLB ballgames, go to happy hour with friends, go to concerts, go hiking, camping, swimming...in addition to spending a lot of time in bookstores, crocheting, liking renaissance festivals, being an avid museum-goer, being an NPR/PBS junkie, fan of Joss Whedon, etc. The fact that I'm bookish and love staying in doesn't mean I'm not social and don't go out, too. I think that there's this misconception/stereotype that if you consider yourself "nerdy," you are a shut-in who plays Magic: The Gathering in your basement 24-7 and has no other interests or friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships