Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,311 times

Advertisements

I never make a girl wait. I thinking you're missing the point of what others were saying...The successful man will try to have sex every time they're on a date, if she has sex on the first date, some men may find that to be an automatic dis-qualifier for a wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 08:57 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
But generally men don't need to have chemistry.
Exactly. Generally, the younger single guys, (note, not ALL ) when they find out that a gal is willing, will go for it. Even if they are not interested in a relationship with her, not interested in even seeing her again, not even interested in knowing her name. Even if they are not really attracted to her. It doesn't matter. It's sex. Getting laid. Banging. Hittin' it. It's more biology than anything. When guys mature, that biology changes a bit...in some more than others, but it changes. Thank goodness!

Us gals...we don't have that same....thing...that same "gotta get my balls off" function. Like it or not, we ARE different. And THAT is why the man will always be chasing the gal.

Never ceases to amaze me why this topic befuddles so many people on this forum, over and over and over again, ad nauseum.

It's just the way we are all built. It's not rocket science.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,587 times
Depending on the shoes, belt, and pants I am wearing, somewhere between ten and forty seconds.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:07 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
I never make a girl wait. I thinking you're missing the point of what others were saying...The successful man will try to have sex every time they're on a date, if she has sex on the first date, some men may find that to be an automatic dis-qualifier for a wife.
I think you, and many of the guys here, are missing the point that many women have made.

Women wait to have sex, partly or mainly because that's what men need.

Many guys here have stated that they will not see a woman as wife material if she has sex too early. They need a woman to wait, or they cannot take her seriously. So she waits, because he needs that.

Waiting is a need that men have, at least as often as women.

So, guys, how long of a wait do you need before you can consider her marriage material?

Old 07-19-2013, 10:10 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Us gals...we don't have that same....thing...that same "gotta get my balls off" function. Like it or not, we ARE different. And THAT is why the man will always be chasing the gal.
I think it's mostly only women who use hormonal types of birth control who don't have that.

In 87% of women, hormones have the side effect of decreasing sex drive. After a few years, the woman starts to think that's normal.

Try some of the highly effective hormone-free types for a couple years and see what happens It usually takes about a year or two for your hormones to return to normal.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 AM

3,322 posts, read 7,971,719 times
No later than the 3rd date, definitely not the first date. If I really like the gal, I don't push my advances. If I know I'm not interested in long term, I'll see how far I can go on the first date.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:24 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times
I will make her wait until my football team is out of the playoffs...which means beaing a Browns fan, that is by the 3rd of 4th week of the season...so not too long

Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,579,743 times
I never pushed the subject of sex on a lady I considered a strong candidate for marriage, I wanted to know how she thought and what her values were and it is easier to think with a clear head unencumbered by emotional baggage that could be tied to sexual contact early on.

That said, the woman I married was divorced, and we did have a quick courting period where she moved in with me within a month of our first date.
I made up for that in my mind by delaying the decision to actually get married for 3 years after that to make sure I wasn't making a mistake that would haunt both of us. So we both knew the other well in an intellectual manner as well as simply physical.

We have been together now for 26 years.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:37 AM

523 posts, read 840,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think it's mostly only women who use hormonal types of birth control who don't have that.

In 87% of women, hormones have the side effect of decreasing sex drive. After a few years, the woman starts to think that's normal.

Try some of the highly effective hormone-free types for a couple years and see what happens It usually takes about a year or two for your hormones to return to normal.
BC does decrease your sex drive, but even without, I can still wait to get to know the guy before jumping into bed and never sleep with anyone on the first date.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:48 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think you, and many of the guys here, are missing the point that many women have made.

Women wait to have sex, partly or mainly because that's what men need.

Many guys here have stated that they will not see a woman as wife material if she has sex too early. They need a woman to wait, or they cannot take her seriously. So she waits, because he needs that.

Waiting is a need that men have, at least as often as women.

So, guys, how long of a wait do you need before you can consider her marriage material?
Hahaha! that's an interesting way to look at it. You could be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships