Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:43 PM

70 posts, read 97,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Are you generally a positive person? Think hard on that. I had a buddy who would have told you he was the nicest and most upbeat person in the world, but he was actually terribly negative and depressing in his focus. He didn't realize it at all. He was also really really good-looking. And women ran from him in droves because having a conversation with him was such a downer. He always used to complain about lack of dating options, and he never picked up that it was his depressing, negative personality.

Why did I hang around him? Well, he was my neighbor, and I knew he was a good guy. I kind of learned to turn him in positive directions through careful nudging during conversations - but I had known him for a while by then. He was never a romantic interest for me after that first conversation with him though. He did finally find a girlfriend (a lovely woman), and she was just a very patient woman who could evoke positive responses from him.

I'm a very positive person in general I think...well outside of dating. I'm not terribly positive about my dating prospects, but you have to realize what position I am in. It's hard to be positive in terms of dating for somebody like myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post

When was the last time a random woman stranger chatted you up? If the answer is more than a year ago, then you are probably average looking at best. Unless you have spent the last year in a cave.... or your parents basement....

It happens quite a bit but it's generally speaking by men. The few times it's women, it's women who would never be interested in me (IE they're much older than I am, etc...) who are just making friendly conversation

I can't remember ever having a semi cute girl near my age initiate conversation with me in any kind

Old 07-19-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
Try being wealthy. Beats looks by the millions.

I dunno about wealthy but I do make six figures at a young age. I'll be wealthy when I'm in my 30s/40s

Old 07-19-2013, 11:55 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,223,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalRites View Post
I've had loads of friends for years though so your approach to my problem is clearly not working. I would tend to agree much more with burger09's advice

See answers

That's actually not me at all. I go out to have fun with my friends

I would just like to not be permanently alone for once
But are you friends with friends who are friends with women?
When you go hang out with your friends, are there women around?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
But are you friends with friends who are friends with women?
When you go hang out with your friends, are there women around?
kind of

When I go out with co - workers, we always have girls in our group. When I go out with my main social circle, we also have a decent amount of girls but the problem is that a lot of my friends are much older (late 20s/30s) so the girls are much older and don't really have any interest in somebody my age (the few of them who are single)

I used to have a gorgeous female close friend for a little while there but she moved to Georgia. She was awesome

Old 07-20-2013, 12:09 AM

Quote:
kind of

When I go out with co - workers, we always have girls in our group. When I go out with my main social circle, we also have a decent amount of girls but the problem is that a lot of my friends are much older (late 20s/30s) so the girls are much older and don't really have any interest in somebody my age (the few of them who are single)

I used to have a gorgeous female close friend for a little while there but she moved to Georgia. She was awesome
There is your problem.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
There is your problem.

Not necessarily, some of my friends are older but we like to go to places with mixed crowd so it's not like I'm hanging out with people in their 30s all the time

I have other friends in my age group that I hang out with too. Honestly, none of it has ever mattered in the past. I don't run into women who are interested in me, ever no matter what the location/setting is

Old 07-20-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Not necessarily, some of my friends are older but we like to go to places with mixed crowd so it's not like I'm hanging out with people in their 30s all the time

I have other friends in my age group that I hang out with too. Honestly, none of it has ever mattered in the past. I don't run into women who are interested in me, ever no matter what the location/setting is
How often do you approach women again?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
How often do you approach women again?

Let's just say this - I get rejected everytime I do approach

I haven't necessarily gotten rejected a lot in my lifetime but I'm pretty good at reading body language so I've walked away from many many many ugly likely rejections before it got to that point

Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
It's very possible if you don't understand how women hit on men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships