Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:16 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedandAmused View Post
Women who work outside the home are more likely to cheat. It's simple math and common sense. Women who are out in the workforce are subjected to and exposed to more men, with more time and more opportunity to stray. And according to a recent study by Washington University, “[Women] can afford the potential consequences of an affair, with higher incomes and more job prospects,” she said. “They have more economic independence and may meet a better class of mate.”

As of 2013, married women are just as likely to cheat as married men, up from half that just 20 years ago.
Please post the link to this. I did a search and found one of those quotations, but it wasn't coupled with the second one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 11:52 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,882,033 times
It isn't just opportunity. It is that male co-workers have more things women find attractive - money, status, dark triad personality traits - than, ha, the pool guy.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:07 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
That being said, even if they were morally bankrupt, most SAHMs I know don't have the time, energy, or opportunity to cheat. Are they going to squeeze in a quickie between dropping the 4-year-old off at preschool, taking the dog to the vet, then picking the 7-year-old up from soccer practice and before rushing home to make dinner?
I've been both (to the same husband) and never cheated.

For me, while I'm busy with the kids being a SAHM, since I'm not ALSO working, I find there is more time for me to be interested in sex w/hubby than before.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:42 PM

491 posts, read 569,662 times
A woman who can sleep with her boss who probably makes more than you or a woman who's so bored she's on the internet looking for a man who can 'pay attention to her since you are always working and not paying her any attention since you are working to take care of her so much'. Pick your poison.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:50 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdocjolly View Post
Either scenario doesn't matter. Whichever woman is not having her emotional needs fulfilled by her husband, will be the one who will cheat.
This. There's not an easier lay out there than a disappointed/unfulfilled wife. (Did I just say that and do I actually believe the above statement to be true?)

Last edited by Philosophizer; 08-01-2013 at 10:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships